Notifications
Clear all

Filmsim rules for Gunman WW2 battles

(@gunman)
Noble Member

The basic rules update 2011

The focus this year is pushing more of a role-play element in the battles, guys making an effort to scream out when shot and play dead for a while whilst troops move over their corpses.
Also to play in the spirit of the game, guys that play with an Airsoft skirmish attitude will be asked to leave as it will be ruining the effort made by the rest of the field. Don’t play for the win, play for the experience.

Standard Game Rules FILMSIM - Elements

• When shot, a loud call of ‘HIT’ or ‘Agrrr’ should be made and the player is considered out of game.

• When hit the player must place a ‘HAND’ in the air to show they are no longer live.

• Immediately fall to the ground and call ‘Medic’ if Allied or ‘Sani’ if Axis. If no one gets to you with in 2 mins or all your bandages have been used you are dead.

• A shot player shouldn’t be targeted and cannot return fire until healed!!

• Moving wounded. One man with two hands or two men with one hand each can drag a wounded soldier to safety! (Medics have their own rule)

• Any soldier can return to their HQ or a controlled CP and be fully restored to full hits (all bandages taken off)

• Dead players ‘DO NOT TALK’. Exception to use the call ‘DEAD MAN WALKING’

• If things are a bit hairy or you’re on your own in the middle of no where you make take an immediate KIA! Just put your hand in the air and call ‘DEAD MAN WALKING’

Getting back in the action

• If a live team mate can get to you they must tie one of your bandages to you wrist to make you live again. To move a wounded player, place your hand on their shoulder.

• All bandaging must be stationery and if either player is hit during the Medic or during the move, both must take a KIA and head back to a CP or HQ!

• A hit is anywhere on the body or the gun and ricochet must also be taken, if you think you’ve been hit, take it as your back in the game almost immediately.

BB Mines
If you set one off and are hit by the bbs it a ‘HIT’

Explosive Pyro Affects
• Small structures 5m x5m Whole building is cleared – inside only
• Large buildings – 5m hard cover has affect including floor to floor stair wells and corridors.
• 5m away – hard cover has affect – outside only

If hit by a pyro you are KIA and must head back to a CP or your HQ!!

Artillery strikes, 10m away, cover has no affect.

Reloading mags and re-equipping supplies.
NO reloading in the field (must be a CP or HQ) unless it’s by hand (no thumb loader) or at a live ammo crate.

Rules for load outs and Class

Each style of soldier has its own load out; the load outs are defined below. If you are not ranked or have not taken a special role you will be considered a soldier in the field!

Load outs

1. Soldier - Load out
Can use a Sub-machine gun 350fps (Thompson, Mp40/44)
Single shot rifle 370fps (Garand,K98)
Can carry 300rds
Can carry 4 grenades

2. Sniper, sharp shooter– Load out
Can use a single shot bolt-action rifle up to 500fps with a .2 bb
Can carry 100rds
Can carry 2 grenades

3. Support – Load out
Can use a mobile support weapon firing at 350 fps (BAR)
Can use a static MG firing at 370fps (.30cal/MG42)
Can carry 2000rds

HIGH CAP MAGS
Everyone is asked to make sure they only run mid caps if possible; however some rifles aren’t released with the option. If so you must bag up 300rnds and will be restricted to SINGLE SHOT ONLY.
If you’re found poring ammo into your magazine in the field, you are cheating!!

Special rolls

1. Lieutenant – In command of up to 15 men - Class
The Officer has access to a radio pack and is responsible for issuing commands in the field.

2. Medic – Class (1 per unit of 8men)
Medics cannot open fire whilst applying a bandage!
Moving wounded – Medics only need one hand to move a wounded soldier to safety.
Medics can carry up to 6 red bandages into the field; these bandages represent 1 healed wound. To heal a wound the medic takes off the white bandage of an injured soldier and hands it back to them, then replaces it with 1 of the red ones. Only a visit to a CP can replenish red bandages.

3. Engineer – Class (1 per unit of 8 men)
Can set charges and defuse bombs. – will need a tool kit
Can use a Bazooka to take out enemy vehicles and can repair damaged vehicles in the field. This takes 5 Minutes per hit taken on the vehicle and the vehicle must be fully repaired to become active again.

Vehicles at GUNMAN

Only a person that has held a full drivers license for 5 years may drive Vehicles in the game. All vehicles will be self marshalled by the driver. All 4-wheeled+ vehicles are considered armoured and will be awarded a certain amount of hits. Only strikes on the wheels or marked targets on the vehicles will count as a hit.
If the driver is hit, they are hit and must stop driving.

Command Points ‘CP’
The style of CP will vary from event to event it may be a number of REFS on foot, a mobile vehicle or a fixed bunker. The CP is where you reload your mags or re-spawn after a KIA.

The HQ in all cases is ‘OUT OF THE ACTION’ and cannot be attacked unless by order from your command (top brass)

Supplies in the field - optional

Some events will employ the supplies in the field rule. This can only be done if a ‘LIVE’ ammo crate reaches the troops on the line. Once opened the troops must be within 2 metres of the ammo crate to reload. Example: a soldier has used 250 rds and can reload back up to 300rds! Command may also set up ammo dumps in the field to make it easier for the troops to get hold of their ammo.

Capturing hidden supplies.
If you find a crate in the field and it’s ‘Live’ you cannot use it to re-supply your troops but can deny the enemy of its supplies.

Attacking a CP
During an assault on a CP re-spawns and the re-load of Magazines are frozen until the attack is over. An attack will finish when all the soldiers on one side are killed or the attack looses it momentum and is no longer pushing forward onto the CP.
To take a CP 5 live men must hold it for 60 seconds with out taking fire to claim it.

Uniforms restrictions
We ask all participants to make as much effort as possible on these battle weekends (no modern kit!) All uniforms must be period in look, we can provide clothing (rental) if you have nothing for free; webbing must be canvas and leather only.

Weapons restrictions
All weapons must be period Airsoft weapons; the only exception is old style grip bolt actions and dressed M14s.
NO winding high caps; only exception is the MP44 mags (when the mid caps are made available these wont be allowed any more), the Thompson 20rnd style mags or MG/support weapon mags.
We have 15 bolt action rifles for rent if you have nothing.

Most importantly, have a bloody good time!!!

Heer Schmidt

Topic starter Posted : 14/11/2011 6:41 pm

ww2stu
(@ww2stu)
Noble Member

Just a quick couple of questions (there is always one isn't there! :giggle: )

"300 Rd's per soldier" I take if you have a side arm the ammo you use in it will deduct from the 300 rounds total?

Also i was planning on using my ICS M3 Grease Gun, which currently has only highcaps avaliable. I noticed that it wasn't on the list of exceptions. (maybe because its new and shiny! :happyswing: ) Is this ok to use? If it is the ICS M3 only has Full Auto capability, I am planning a major over haul of internals on Thursday for the M3 and if i can get a mosfet working nicely with singleshot I will of course use it. If i can not will it be ok to use full auto in sensible bursts?

These questions may seem "dumb" but i rather be safer than sorry as this is my first Gunman event.

Cheers Stu :good:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/11/2011 7:07 pm

(@gunman)
Noble Member

Hi bud, your M3 will be fine as its new. What capacity is the mag?

We do have a rule that any hicap is single shot only so just make a real effort bud;)

You can have 3 pistol mags that are not included in your 300.

Heer Schmidt

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/11/2011 7:34 pm

ww2stu
(@ww2stu)
Noble Member

The mag is 430 rounds, will try and get the mosfet working for the game! Thanks for the quick reply.

Stu

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/11/2011 12:36 am

(@gunman)
Noble Member

Bag up 300 rnd bags buddy. Ill bring an m4 high cap so guys can measure out 300 :good:

Heer Schmidt

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 15/11/2011 8:41 am

ww2stu
(@ww2stu)
Noble Member

GIt's ok I got a 100 rd speed loader which I can use. Keep those nasty modern m4 stuff away! :giggle: :giggle:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/11/2011 2:22 pm

Share: