Notifications
Clear all

Pictures - Battle for Anzio

Page 2 / 2

(@wladek)
Famed Member

And now for something completely different :wink: The battle for Anzio seen through the eyes of a warcorrespondent attached to the Rangers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ijGpTBfbVg 22 minutes of tape.

Can I just thank you for recording on the film one of the the only 2 times all weekend that we on the .30cal MG advanced into a bonefide mullering! :wink:

Most of the time we managed to avoid getting mullered and do our own mullering. :whistle:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/11/2011 9:47 am

Oligoscenic
(@oligoscenic)
Estimable Member

My pleasure :D We mainly stayed off the roads because that was a sure spot to get shot by those nasty German snipers. So, most of the footage is in the bocage next to the road or on the open fields. I did hear the vehicles milling around a lot which was great to hear in the dense wooded area! Added extra realism. When we tried to attack the BMW mounted MG42 position I saw you lot drive by shooting that .30 cal and it was great to see and hear, plus it makes great footage 8)

Brilliant!!

I'll have some photos of dubious quality when the film gets back from the developer. Now as on Saturday I found I had the wrong ISO keyed in some may be rather dodgy! But hey that'll just add to some period charm! :oops: :lol:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/11/2011 9:15 pm

(@warren)
Noble Member

looks grate :)

team shoot and scoot, TL

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/11/2011 6:56 pm

(@prideofengland)
Noble Member

A few more pics-- attachment is not available ---- attachment is not available ---- attachment is not available --

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/11/2011 6:16 pm

(@prideofengland)
Noble Member

Some more-- attachment is not available ---- attachment is not available ---- attachment is not available --

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/11/2011 6:20 pm

(@prideofengland)
Noble Member

and finally Graham breifly recapturing the radio room as the yanks run out of ammo-- attachment is not available --

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/11/2011 6:25 pm

(@komrade)
Honorable Member

First one of me, good job ;) !

:good:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/11/2011 6:34 pm

Oligoscenic
(@oligoscenic)
Estimable Member

A few from me:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/11/2011 8:44 pm

clash
(@clash)
Estimable Member

oh wow, those are cool. what did you shoot them with?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/11/2011 10:10 pm

Oligoscenic
(@oligoscenic)
Estimable Member

I used an Olympus Trip 35 film camera. Really basic and doesn't always get it right! These are more about the film though, £1 a roll Kodak from Poundland!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/11/2011 7:34 am

Aitch
(@aitch)
Trusted Member

I used an Olympus Trip 35 film camera...

An absolutely fantastic "Point and Press" camera, self metering, no batteries required and almost bomb proof :good:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/11/2011 8:01 am

clash
(@clash)
Estimable Member

damn i'm tempted
how did you get them developed?

for that matter, how did you get them on the computer aswell?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/11/2011 10:03 am

Hänschen klein
(@hanschen-klein)
Famed Member

Does anyone know where the photographer is showing his pictures that he took all day???

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/11/2011 9:22 pm

(@komrade)
Honorable Member

Here I think:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1028525965 ... irectlink#

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/11/2011 9:36 pm

Hänschen klein
(@hanschen-klein)
Famed Member

:good:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/11/2011 9:16 am

(@rammix)
Prominent Member

brilliant photo's :good:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/11/2011 11:02 am

Wraith666
(@wraith666)
Honorable Member

Great Pics, I like the idea of the look-a-like Bren gun, may have to do that with my M249 also.

"Will you stop talking about the war!!"
"What, you started it!"
"We did NOT start it!"
"Yes you did, you invaded Poland..."

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/11/2011 11:22 am

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I made one a few years ago with a PGC box in it, it's just undergoing some internal hop mods then will be out and about, I sold it to another Dog co member a year or so ago, it was on his willys jeep at the gunman Epsom game, I mounted the battery in the original Bren magazine and turned up an outer barrel end for it and it looks pretty realistic even from a few feet away. Also I made the mag un boltable so it can be used as a 249 if needed.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/12/2011 6:23 am

Page 2 / 2

Share: