Notifications
Clear all

Period camping

Page 1 / 2

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

I've been searching these threads for the evidence, but I can't find it...! However, from memory, we will be having one camp together at night, which is nothing to do with the playing area, so I guess modern tents are OK (?). Cars will be a fair way from the camp (a vehicle will be ferrying us), so I suggest bringing everything you can carry with you!

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

Topic starter Posted : 21/04/2008 10:02 pm

HeadShot
(@headshot)
Illustrious Member

Steiner is correct, although we may split the modern/period tents for a little bit of authenticity.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/04/2008 10:04 pm

Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

Modern tentage is fine - we might put all period-looking tents together 'cos it looks cool, but if it's in the slightest bit of a hassle we won't bother - there too much else to faff around with!

All kit that might be used must be removed from cars (it will be conveyed from car to camp by vehicle) and there will be no returning to cars until endex on Sunday. So if equipment fails then it's out of game for a walk to the camp, not cars.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/04/2008 10:10 pm

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Cheers fellas- guess I aint the nly night owl out there.

look fwd to seeing ya there! any advice for a newb ? Been airsofting for abbbbout 5 years now but couldnt make the last couple of CIA games so all advice taken....

Ray

Shoot at anything that moves! :lol:

No advice necessary - enjoy yourself and get to know a nice bunch of people. :) (Apart from Chommers, who's a psycho! :P )

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 21/04/2008 10:13 pm

Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

any advice for a newb

Heh, hardly a noob then! Comfy boots, waterproof clothing and a warm sleeping bag is best advice but you knew that already :rofl:
Erm, with regard to WW2 games - they are slower paced, more tactical and rely on teamwork. 'Freelancers' don't help - follow orders (even if it means blowing up your own men as happened this weekend :roll: ), keep a sense of humour.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/04/2008 10:18 pm

Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

.... (Apart from Chommers, who's a psycho! :P )

:evil: If you weren't a paying player I'd click the big red ban button! :twisted: :lol: :lol: :kiss:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/04/2008 10:20 pm

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Jenny might have a surprise for you..... :P

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 21/04/2008 10:23 pm

Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

:shock:

* lifts finger off big red button *

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/04/2008 10:25 pm

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Do you like hairy legs ?? :kiss:

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 21/04/2008 10:30 pm

JD7
 JD7
(@jd7)
Illustrious Member

mein gott Ich habe nie häßliches alles so gehört - although, the real Jenny is a nice look see, well back in the day she was - kind of like Kermit and his L'Pool under the back garden killer teenager thoughts :shock: :lol:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/04/2008 10:52 pm

Diggah
(@diggah)
Prominent Member

Going back on to the original topic, Personally I would always go for something you're gonna have a good nights sleep in. You wont have any fun should you have a crap nights sleep due to "period" (or just crap) camping gear.

No longer involved in airsoft.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/04/2008 11:49 pm

JD7
 JD7
(@jd7)
Illustrious Member

Going back on to the original topic, Personally I would always go for something you're gonna have a good nights sleep in. You wont have any fun should you have a crap nights sleep due to a "period"

Bestest thing about being a bloke lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/04/2008 12:16 am

Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

Naughty Del!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Pup tents are great - cheap, quick to put up, dry and look the biz! Get the warmest, comfiest kit to go inside the tent though.

Steiner - I've bought a surprise for Jenny.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/04/2008 6:06 am

Helga Geerhart
(@helga-geerhart)
Famed Member

Have got two pup tents I can potentially bring with us (won't be using them). Hopefully will have a reasonably sized canvas tent ready to be tested to check I've waterproofed it sufficiently (thinking if its like CR it will be a good test :lol: ) before I take the kids on a trip back in time in it (its like the tardis but not as glamourous) :lol:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/04/2008 10:20 am

Snyper
(@snyper)
Estimable Member

Is it worth me bringing a whacking great tarp with me (if I can find it that is) so we can set up some sort of base camp a la the German regen at CR?

And who here is taking a basha with them?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/04/2008 11:30 pm

Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

We will be setting up a tarped camp but by all means bring anything extra you think might be useful...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/04/2008 5:59 am

Diggah
(@diggah)
Prominent Member

Im taking a basha but Im planning to bivvi under it :)

No longer involved in airsoft.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/04/2008 9:58 am

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Will either of the vehicles have MP3 capability? I've got some good period tunes. 8)

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/05/2008 4:55 pm

HeadShot
(@headshot)
Illustrious Member

Burn them onto a CD or put them on an i-Pod if you have one, I believe Guy's Landy takes them, plus I'll be bringing my I-Station.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/05/2008 5:01 pm

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Can one make a CD of MP3 files, or do they have to be WMA format?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/05/2008 5:07 pm

Page 1 / 2

Share: