Notifications
Clear all

Battledress?!?

(@thompy1993)
Estimable Member

Hi there all, apart from ebay and SOF, does anyone know where i can get hold of a set of Battledress which isn't 1949 pattern?
Many thanks,
Craig

Man is too clever to survive without wisdom

Topic starter Posted : 04/05/2012 2:41 pm
PolzyStevo
(@polzystevo)
Estimable Member

Epic Militaria, cheaper than SOF. It's not great quality but does the job, especially for airsoft.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/05/2012 2:43 pm
(@bedsnherts)
Famed Member

Pegasus, Khaki on Campaign, Khaki Devil

http://www.ww2airsoft.org.uk/the-beginn ... -brit-kit/

My own set is a cheapo one from Spearhead. Lasted 5 years so far

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/05/2012 2:56 pm
 Yith
(@yith)
Illustrious Member

Panther Store: http://www.panther-store.cz/en

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/05/2012 2:57 pm
(@thompy1993)
Estimable Member

Cheers, what is the quality of the panther stores stuff like? I am aiming to use it for re-enacting more than airsoft.
Cheers,
Craig

Man is too clever to survive without wisdom

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 04/05/2012 4:51 pm
 Yith
(@yith)
Illustrious Member

A lot of very experienced re-enactors that I know say that Panther Store BD is quite probably the best repro BD they have ever seen.

But don't just take it from me, read their comments here: http://www.wwiireenacting.co.uk/forum/v ... 23&t=64294

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/05/2012 5:15 pm
(@rangereuan)
Estimable Member

Panther Store BD is brill. I used to have a set and its the closest Ive seen to an original.The blend of both fabric and colour is pretty damn good. SoF's BD aint got a patch on the panther one. Depends on your budget, but you could always try and get hold of a 1940 patt blouse with relative ease !
Euan

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2012 3:58 pm
Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Panther Store BD is top quality. It takes a while to arrive, but well worth it.

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2012 4:05 pm
fremsley
(@fremsley)
Prominent Member

Apologies chaps - slightly off topic, but does anyone know how to de-itchyfy BD? I'm assuming its a case of learn to live with it you big girls blouse tho!

I'm a hero with coward's legs.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2012 11:47 pm
McVickers
(@mcvickers)
Famed Member

Apologies chaps - slightly off topic, but does anyone know how to de-itchyfy BD? I'm assuming its a case of learn to live with it you big girls blouse tho!

Quite a few people take a bic razor to them and de-hair the inside of the fabric, but this weakens the cloth and makes it thinner and more prone to ripping or pulling apart. This may sound disgusting to some people, but; Just wear it, on your skin (don't use long-johns or under-armour) and play a few intense games in it (especially when the sun is out! Keep hydrated though!) - your sweat will matt down the itchy inside in no time, just like a real soldier

A Proud Member Of 'Team Spleen!' who play mainly at Gunman Airsoft, Tuddenham, Suffolk.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/05/2012 6:41 am
 Yith
(@yith)
Illustrious Member

Personally I have a wool allergy and yet get along with BD fine. It's the wool shirts that drive me crazy.

If it really is a problem then wear a layer of cotton under the BD, but really I find this only necessary under the blouse. The trousers have never been a problem for me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/05/2012 7:51 am
Pete_59
(@pete_59)
Noble Member

You could try using a hot iron as that tends to flatten the wool, I discovered this when ironing my cadet uniform, (many, many, many years ago ), if I didn't use a pressing cloth I ended up with the area where the crease was going all shiney.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/05/2012 9:58 am
_Arthur
(@_arthur)
Estimable Member

I think i can post this up here.

I just bought a P40 Austerity BD from Gavin Militaria (through a local dealer in .nl). As my knowledge of Brit-kit is minimal at this moment, I do not have any 'reference' yet.

For me, it does look ok, although maybe a bit to light and now brownish enough. The quality is very decent and the wool used is also nice and soft.

The goal is to create a 249 Field Company (Airborne) Royal Engineers, 6th Airborne Division impression.

http://www.ww2airsoft.eu

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/05/2012 1:17 pm
 Yith
(@yith)
Illustrious Member

The blouse is austerity pattern, but the trousers are 37 pattern (battledress serge)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/05/2012 9:37 pm
_Arthur
(@_arthur)
Estimable Member

The blouse is austerity pattern, but the trousers are 37 pattern (battledress serge)

Jep, that's what I also heard on our own forum. I contacted the seller to swap the jacket for a P37 one. As that was the goal: a P37 BD and not a mixed-up one ;)

(And my Brit kit knowledge is not really on a decent level yet...)

http://www.ww2airsoft.eu

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/05/2012 6:09 am
 Yith
(@yith)
Illustrious Member

Mixed up is actually fine... just obviously not early war... :)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/05/2012 1:12 pm
Share: