Notifications
Clear all

DIY Airbourne Helmet

Russe11
(@russe11)
Honorable Member

I'm not a re-enactor and probably won't be able to make it to many WW2 airsoft games. I am just an airsofter after appropriate attire to go with my ASG Sten. I therefore didn't want to spend a fortune on a helmet so this is what I came up with:
I started with this helmet: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00C ... UTF8&psc=1

Using a stanley knife I cut the peak at the front off and then marked a horizontal line around the bottom of the helmet with masking tape. Everything below this line I then removed in the same way. The helmet is fairly thick heavy duty plastic so it takes a while.

The result was this:

It sat too high and was uncomfortable so next I removed all the interior and glued 4 bits of foam to the interior. With scrim and helmet net from Soldier of fortune I now have this:

I plan to obtain a modern Mk6 helmet strap as they are very like the Mk2 airbourne helmet strap apart from colour and the price.

Topic starter Posted : 24/01/2014 8:06 pm
dadio
(@dadio)
Famed Member

not bad at all , a little too small but as a looks alike it's fine

armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/01/2014 9:59 pm
Russe11
(@russe11)
Honorable Member

not bad at all , a little too small but as a looks alike it's fine

I do have a very big head and for some reason the camera angle makes the helmet look smaller. It is probably slightly small but for some reason there aren't many adult sized toy helmets :D

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24/01/2014 10:40 pm
Share: