Notifications
Clear all

Anyone going from Manchester with room for Two?

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

So the curse of my car has struck again. We've got to Lancaster but working out the petrol we've used already our costs are going to nigh on double from what was expected. I've got enough cash to get it to Manchester then home, but no further. I know it's a longshot but is anyone going from Manc that would have room for Mike and I, or even just Mike at worst. We're going to give it an hour then look to go back if no joy.

Topic starter Posted : 02/11/2007 10:04 am
Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hey matey, two possibilities - we can lend you cash if you want or I'll see if we can get hold of Greg who might be able to pick you up. Ring me 01332 205115 ASAP

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/11/2007 10:25 am
JD7
 JD7
(@jd7)
Illustrious Member

I'm sure we can get money together from donations - I'll chip in

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/11/2007 10:41 am
Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

I've had a phone call, it's the overall budget that is the issue not reddies so I'm hoping there is enough time for Greg to sort them out...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/11/2007 11:02 am
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Cheers for the offer Del and for David's earlier offer of a loan but I'm not overly keen on taking cash. The helpfulness of this forum always amazes. I've spoken to Greg and we're just working out what to do as it'd involve leaving the Land Rover on Greg's drive and as one of the door locks is busted it'd be uninsured.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 02/11/2007 11:51 am
HeadShot
(@headshot)
Illustrious Member

Get him to tow you. ;)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/11/2007 11:53 am
Helga Geerhart
(@helga-geerhart)
Famed Member

Large chain and a padlock ? does his girlfriend have a menacing scowl ? anyway of securing the door at all ? thus validating the insurance ?

Indeed the lengths of commradery of forum members is second to none, hope you get yourselves sorted to the event

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/11/2007 11:56 am
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Right, we're tonking back up and are hoping to sort out something company car related out.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 02/11/2007 12:20 pm
Kavster
(@kavster)
Noble Member

I might ba able to get a bus to Brum getting in late, or possibly over night if anyone is passing that way...

Getting desperate now.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/11/2007 1:41 pm
HeadShot
(@headshot)
Illustrious Member

What's going on!!??!

You've got all the way to Manchester and turned back?? You green fees will be wasted!

I'll be leaving Birmingham at about 5pm, but that won't help you I guess.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/11/2007 1:59 pm
Kavster
(@kavster)
Noble Member

Update!

We're on our way back up to edinburgh to catch the half 9 bus back down to brum, where gregg has very, very kindly offered to pick us up from the station on the way to the site. To echo what tom said earlier, the generosity of this forum is breathtaking. Thanks to all who made this possible.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/11/2007 3:51 pm
Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Glad it's falling into place mate - see you guys there.

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/11/2007 4:39 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I just dropped Kavster off at the Bus station, however I'm not going to make this one, feckin' two in a row now. I've been driving for more hours than I've slept in the last 48 hours or so and I just don't have the "va-va-voom" to travel for another 9 on a coach with the same again on Sunday.

I'd like to thank everyone again for their offers of help to get Kav and I there. A couple of weeks ago I was training with a new ice hockey team and I asked if I could borrow a water bottle only to be ignored, when someone can be so tight with something so insignificant it brings home the generousness of you lot. Have a good weekend guys.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 02/11/2007 9:13 pm
Kavster
(@kavster)
Noble Member

Gutted that you couldn't come mate, next one, eh? And we'll take the train!

See you during the week for a few magners.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/11/2007 9:56 pm
Share: