Notifications
Clear all

Amazing thankyou

Page 1 / 2

paule
(@paule)
Estimable Member

Thanks guys the effort put into the day, the scenarios and the hardware that turned up was amazing. Even with the undergrowth and brambles slowing us down that's the best days airsoft I have ever had. Can't wait for the next opportunity to join you all. .

Topic starter Posted : 17/09/2016 5:51 pm

seg
 seg
(@seg)
Honorable Member

I agree well done to lutz and the gang my lads had a great day. Well organised with ace props.
Great fun.
If you enjoyed the site watch out for a game at close action early in the new year.

www.close-action.co.uk

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/09/2016 7:19 pm

ww2stu
(@ww2stu)
Noble Member

Enjoyed the game and taking the jeep out for its first outing! :good:

With the US infantry and Enginners it felt like we was in constant action with out it turning into a blatfest!

Although damm the brambles and wasp nests!

Will deffo attend another game by the Inglorious Bastards :good:

Hope to catch up with you all soon.

Stu

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/09/2016 7:21 pm

dadio
(@dadio)
Famed Member

I'm very very tired and chuffed to bits you had a good time .

armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/09/2016 8:29 pm

Granger
(@granger)
Noble Member

Thanks for a good day. Really enjoyed myself though I'd forgotten how hard going some of the terrain is, plus the wasp attack on John (which I found funny and that's the important thing :lol:). Got to have a ride in a kubalwagon too!

Well done to the yanks. That assault on the bunker was great fun. Had fun firing the mortar in the morning and the breakdown in communications added to the atmosphere as we were expecting Americans to attack any minute. We thought we'd be OK once the fallschirmjäger arrived but then they moved on and our lone artillery battery became the front line. All good stuff.

Just wish I could hang around and have a chat with people but we had to shoot off ASAP. Will catch you all at the next one.

Regards,

Ralph

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/09/2016 8:13 am

Jay7
(@jay7)
Reputable Member

Excellent day,thanks to everybody involved. :good:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/09/2016 8:35 am

TheChef
(@thechef)
Honorable Member

Many thanks to the Inglorious Bastards team, Lutz, Matt, Gavin and Garath, we had a great time, definitely in my list of top WW2 games. The anticipation of the impending attack in the morning while shelling our objectives was awesome, even if we did blow up our mortar (sorry Gordon). Commendations to my artillery crew of Stumpy, Sam and Funker Callum for holding fast even with communication difficulties before the anticipated attack. When the attack did finally arrive, we were held up in the MG pill box, and all hell broke loose, we were hit by constant fire from all directions and multiple grenade attacks, which finally got through and the Americans overcame us. We then fell back to our final defence in the woods, where we held on valiantly.

I really loved all the attention to detail, the encrypted radio messages, the call signs, the radios, the vehicles, etc etc it really does make it more immersive. Great games, great props, great players what's more to be said :good:

Any constructive criticisms? The radios didn't work too well, but that's war and we had to find alternative solutions. We were quiet in the morning, but that's because the Americans didn't attack us :shock: Maybe SMG restrictions on the Americans (very hard to fight a group of Thompson wielding Americans with K98s) but then the fight around the pill box wouldn't have been so good, so maybe not.

I hope someone got some good photos of the day, I meant to take some of the German HQ before we dismantled it but forgot :(

This is what WW2 airsofting should be like so keep them coming :happyclap: :happydance: :happyswing:

German

Russian

British

Japanese

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/09/2016 8:37 am

(@mattywheels)
Noble Member

Thank you all for attending & getting into the spirit of what we were trying to pull off. Everyone looked the part; the attention to detail of everyone's kit really adds to an event, thanks for putting in the effort :good:

An event this scale is always going to have pros & cons; the site is challenging in that it's so bloody big and that the undergrowth had grown up a lot since our last site visit. Thanks to everyone for taking it in good spirits when they were asked to trek another mile from one side of the site to the other!

Some groups weren't as involved as others, and apologies to anyone who didn't get the level of firefights that they were expecting.

BIG thanks to my fellow organisers Lutz, Gav and Gareth for the work put into this game, as well as Tim, Graeme, Russell, Calum, Sven & Stumpy for helping get things set up. Massive thanks to Gordon for all the extra work you did for the event, I 'think' the bunker was seen as a hit matey :good:

Finally thanks to Tony & the Close Action guys for lending us their site for the weekend, will be at your next WW2 event chaps!

Vierville marks the end for Inglorious Bastards as an organising group, however this is only the beginning as we are forming a giant 'super group' with Army Group South - so expect lots more from us in the future, starting with Rattenkrieg in 75 days time.

Thanks again all, see you in the field...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/09/2016 10:20 am

cjw957
(@cjw957)
Famed Member

Many thanks to all , was a good day, some great props even if they did not always work but looked great and i think added to the game :) , the bunker was fun to attack

not sure who chef was fighting but cant have been our squad i think we had 2 smgs , 2 pistol users and 4 rifles (turns out pistol only was a tad hard lol ) in fact i thought it was the other way around , but then again we had to assault, flak cannon mg42 s etc so may have just been those.

once again Gareth great CO and helps the day go well :) its a pretty thankless task so THANK YOU :mexican: :mexican: :mexican:

always makes it a little more fun , though his accent slipped a lot more than it did at clipper :giggle:

also big shout to Stu his jeep was great fun to fight around and the 30 cal did help , shame we had the tag round failures on the Bunker etc from the zooka they just kept bouncing off , they know how to make bunkers them Gerries do :)

also good to see tim again before he starts his epic world tour ;)

and lastly after so much walking around i dont seem to ache that much :) though i did miss the last bit , due my old war wound (ie fat old git)

looking forward to your games from the new group next year as sure they will be great again , as long as they not too far south loool :whistle:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/09/2016 10:28 am

(@stumpy0903)
Trusted Member

Commendations to Matty, Lutz, Gav and the rest of the crew for putting on a fantastic day, really enjoyed it, got to meet and play with some top people, big up artillery battery no2!!
The props were top notch and the vehicles defintely added to the atmosphere, big site though and hard going in places and I'm knackered now but thanks to all for all your hard work in putting this event on
Shame about the horseflys on Friday night!!
See you at Rattenkrieg
Atb
Stumpy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/09/2016 10:34 am

razorlight
(@razorlight)
Reputable Member

Thanks to the IB's for a great game. I was in the German 3 Artillery Batterie. As Granger said earlier, the fog of war descended on us pretty quickly as our radio and telephone communications broke down. Thanks to our Leutnant acting as runner, we got our fire commands and carried out our orders. It was very atmospheric, small groups of soldiers on their own, not really knowing what's going on, expecting to be attacked at any moment by a large force of enemy paratroopers!

The final battle of the day back at our original position was superb, Four or five yanks managed to move up our left flank and provided harassing fire, while the rest launched a number of frontal attack. They got very close a few times. It was epic. We managed eventually to clear our flank except for one yank with a garand who we just couldn't hit! The final american charge in numbers to overrun our position was very impressive, there were people going down left , right and centre in our bunker and to our front. The last few enemy actually fell against of our firewall. If any them had chucked a grenade over, they'd have killed the lot of us, as we were only about 3 of us left alive. Brilliant!!! WW2 airsoft at it's best.

Hope everyone enjoyed themselves and I look forward to the next one! Thanks again IB

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/09/2016 10:46 am

Tin
 Tin
(@tin)
Reputable Member

I am still knackered. Great to be out fighting Gerry again.

Big thanks to The Inglorious Bastards and everyone that helped make the game something special. It was clear to see the effort that went into the game with the organisers pulling out all the stops to bring a variety of props, set dressing and purpose built structures. (The bunker scenario was excellent! The ambush from both sides of the road was very well executed and had us pinned for ages.) The vehicles, player provided props and high standards of kit all combined to give a visually stunning event.
While props and kit look great, this is not the be all and end all; the game itself was well structured and planned, resulting in some very intense battles against emplacements and plenty of slow, steady fighting in dense undergrowth. :good: On such a huge site, this is to be comended as it would have been easy to have not seen the enemy at all.

It was great to have Gareth as our leader again, :good: he's from Alabama in Mississipi, Ohio, Texas, Sarf Landon you know. Well done mate, anyone that can keep the 34th even vaguely in line deserves a medal.

For me it was a day of failures; My 1940's mine detector packed up :evil:
My 'trusty' Garand failed before the game started, then the Springfield failed after three or four shots, leaving me with my battered old TM 1911 before we'd even reached the first crossroads. Battling on bravely, I enjoyed using the pistol and managed to get some pretty decent 'kills' with it. This too eventually died, leaving me weaponless just as we closed in on the bunker.

(As an aside, I would like to thank those players that offered to lend me weapons thoughout the day, this is great testament to the WW2 crowd who are happy to help others out by loaning kit and weapons. :happyclap: ) Having given up on the day, I did manage to fix the Garand and return to the game but by the time I got back to my squad, (having wandered around the site for a while :oops: ) the battle was just about over.

A cracking day that will be remembered as one of the greats.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/09/2016 11:48 am

Hänschen klein
(@hanschen-klein)
Famed Member

Kit now all away pill box signs barbed wire etc etc and even my eye lids ache.

A great turn out and the standard of kit never ceases to amaze me. Good to see old faces and some new one.

Thanks to the IGB for a great game I know what a Herculean effort it is to put on a game with planning months before. Some great ideas put into the game and every one I spoke seemed to have enjoyed it. Shame about the communications not working but Hey I told my squad D Day must have been chaotic for the Germans so we wandered until we found an officer for more direction, so `How real was that`.

Nice to see some vehicles they add a nice touch, and now our groups have merged to form Southern Army Division our Prop cupboard is bulging. 8)

Looking forward to the next one, Oh forgot more work for us to put on a game Rattenkrieg. Is it really only 75 days away aaahhhh :slap:

Thanks all again.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/09/2016 2:13 pm

dadio
(@dadio)
Famed Member

I'd like to thank everybody who attended for entering the spirit of the day ,for the quality and effort everyone put into their own kit and for forgiving our failings as organisers ,as has been mentioned the radio's lack of range only became apparent on the day ,I'm pleased however that it could have added to the realism(even if unplanned) of the event as the radio's of the day were temperamental .
Thank you also to Tim who is now bowing out of the team , the IG is reforming with AGS to form a larger group and we hope to go on giving you what you want from the past in future .
Gav

armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/09/2016 3:07 pm

(@pvtjohnny)
Reputable Member

Big thanks to all the organisers and for all their hard work. The scene setting was some of the best I've seen. Loved the German bodies in the building and the propaganda poster especially. The site was huge and as a paratrooper, didn't I find that out. The deployment of our sticks was great idea and was an excellent start to our game. Lutz the pilot was very descriptive during the take off and antiaircraft attacks.

I don't know what my squad think, but for me the paras became a bit detached from then on. We waded through endless brambles, never seeing a patrol or emplacement for ages but we could hear plenty of action but always elsewhere! When we eventually caught up with things, we came crashing through the disabling undergrowth to hit dug in static positions and died horribly. Lots! Flanking was all but impossible due to the thick vegitation. We always seemed to be half and hour too late on the scene. I reckon I fired less than 80 bbs all game. It sounds like we missed out on lots of the stuff that went really well. The gerries were fanatical in the defence and gave us plenty of bloody noses when we found them. Well done!

All in all some great stuff, lots of hard graft and good to see everyone again. Social was a laugh and I got my arse kicked by Tony's mead.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/09/2016 5:50 pm

MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

Thank you very much to Lutz, Gav, Gareth and Matty, what a great day out. I have just about stopped aching now. The almost complete breakdown in comms in the morning only added to the realism (even if I did end up burning an awful lot of shoe leather running between HQ and and the battery positions! what a shame my bike had a puncture). The FJ recce group tearing about were great fun, and the relentless US assaults in the afternoon really felt overwhelming and a good contrast to the morning where we spent half our time nervously looking out for US paras wandering in the woods. As it is such a huge site, there were some groups I never saw all day, but that was fine too, such is war.

Many thanks to the brave gunners of the 191st Artillery Regiment, you certainly showed that Germans are trained to be riflemen first.

Cheers
Martin

P.S. Well done to the organiser for arranging that Mustang to fly over, that must have cost a bit :) Just like that P47 which turned up over the Kasserine game.

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/09/2016 6:22 pm

clash
(@clash)
Estimable Member

It's been a few years since I last played a game, so this was sort of my reintroduction to the scene in a way. Thanks to the organisers, the dog co. boys and ww2 stu for helping me out with some gear. :good:

Best parts for me were the 'simulated' airborne drop in the morning, which I thought was really effective, and the reoccurring drive by shootings by kubelwagen.

I'll admit that I got fed up of the constant traipsing through undergrowth. It wouldn't have been so bad, if I hadn't been doing it all day. However I didn't mind it so much in the morning as it added to the sense of confusion, following the parachute drop.

Also I'll add that after being out of the scene for a few years, it was interesting to see how things have developed in terms of gear etc. More rifles, vehicles and kudos to whoever built all the bunkers.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/09/2016 7:53 pm

(@chell)

Echo everything everyone has been saying about this game. So so fun. Thank you to everyone who made this happen and who ever booked the Mustang fly over

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/09/2016 8:05 pm

Allenby
(@allenby)
Noble Member

The Mustang flyover ate into the prop budget, but nothing but the best for our lovely boys and gals. :good:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/09/2016 9:49 pm

(@crowley)
Estimable Member

Amazing day, thanks to the IB's for organising a great game, loved it. The radio comms going down in the morning was a shame but added to the fog of war! Thanks to everyone who took part thought you all looked great.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/09/2016 8:20 am

Page 1 / 2

Share: