Is Ed bringing his truck?

bit harsh about laura :whistle:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/04/2016 1:34 pm

ww2stu
(@ww2stu)
Noble Member

Can you do US infantry? They need some support vehicle.

I can do what ever you wish. I quite liked the idea of the blindfolded Airborne drop though but I am happy to do what ever. :good:

Payment will be sent tomorrow.

Stu

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/04/2016 1:35 pm

cjw957
(@cjw957)
Famed Member

Can you do US infantry? They need some support vehicle.

I can do what ever you wish. I quite liked the idea of the blindfolded Airborne drop though but I am happy to do what ever. :good:

Payment will be sent tomorrow.

Stu

dont worry come with us , we can blindfold you and make you drop :)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/04/2016 1:45 pm

yoda
(@yoda)
Trusted Member

Have you got room for two more Germans ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2016 8:01 pm

Luiluei
(@luiluei)
Noble Member

Please add your names to the waiting list. We are currently sold out but wait for deposits to come in to confirm spaces.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/04/2016 8:07 pm

Slim
 Slim
(@slim)

I am guessing it's too late to try book a US airborne spot? This will be my first UK WW2 Event if I can sqeeze in.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2016 6:01 pm

Hänschen klein
(@hanschen-klein)
Famed Member

I am guessing it's too late to try book a US airborne spot? This will be my first UK WW2 Event if I can sqeeze in.

We are still looking for a couple of US airborne t the Last Stand if you are interested ???

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2016 8:29 pm

Slim
 Slim
(@slim)

We are still looking for a couple of US airborne t the Last Stand if you are interested ???

I'd love to man, but I'm away seeing the country on the Canals till the end of July, I can however do US Infantry as well if a spot comes up I have both kits in country, and I have the cash handy. Unfortunately I have absolutely no German kit so can't just slip in one of those spots.

Anyway, I'll keep my eye on it and if any psitions open up, I'm your guy :-)

By the way, out of pure interest, why are there tend to be limited spots in a lot of these games? I haven't been in the UK scene long enough so far to figure it out for myself.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/04/2016 9:35 am

Hänschen klein
(@hanschen-klein)
Famed Member

I'd love to man, but I'm away seeing the country on the Canals till the end of July, I can however do US Infantry as well if a spot comes up I have both kits in country, and I have the cash handy. Unfortunately I have absolutely no German kit so can't just slip in one of those spots.

Anyway, I'll keep my eye on it and if any psitions open up, I'm your guy :-)

By the way, out of pure interest, why are there tend to be limited spots in a lot of these games? I haven't been in the UK scene long enough so far to figure it out for myself.

Speaking on behalf of My game The Last Stand we have to limit the sides or the event will get out of control. People may not be aware but a lot of games are well choreographed to give all attending a sense of doing something other than running around like an open day. I have spent hours working out what people are going to do and when and where they are going to do it. Unless you have so many organisers attached to each squad the game can easily go off course and then it brakes down. I have been to too many open days where really its just chaos not even organised chaos. There is a certain South of England site who regularly get 150 to 200 players for an open day and people just do their own thing . Cannot comment on other orgainsers views but that is mine. :good:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/04/2016 4:05 pm

Luiluei
(@luiluei)
Noble Member

Yes, I can only echo what Gordon said. WWII airsoft is more about the experience being a soldier in WWII. Role play is encourage and you will be amazed by the props some organisers come up with and what efforts people put in their outfits etc.
Attended the Japanese game on the weekend and was impressed once again (read and see picture on the Tulagi thread) .

Please sign up on the waiting list. We still have deposits pending.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 18/04/2016 4:37 pm

Slim
 Slim
(@slim)

Sweet bro, cheers for the head up :-)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/04/2016 8:12 pm

MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

As noted above, it is mainly a question of logistics and command/control issues. Even if the game isn't necessarily highly scripted, you still need manage the groups of players to keep the event flowing, and all the usual span of control issues apply to managing groups of people. You really don't want the game to degenerate into a blatfest, which some of the bigger games have occasionally done.

Some of the sites are quite small too, and you don't want crowds of players wandering about (not that we get those sorts of numbers so much).

Cheers
Martin

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/04/2016 7:58 am

Bunker
(@bunker)
Estimable Member

Deposit paid! :D
Thanks , Niall

Gott mit uns - Yeah got mittens mate

Heia Safari - http://www.heiasafari.com/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/04/2016 7:12 pm

(@mattywheels)
Noble Member

Many thanks Niall :good:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/04/2016 7:57 pm

(@tatts)
Eminent Member

Deposits paid for Martin and Marlon Clark. ( list still says awaiting deposits can you update cheers)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/04/2016 12:21 pm

Scavenger
(@scavenger)

Deposit paid

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/04/2016 9:15 am

(@mattywheels)
Noble Member

Thanks all, list updated

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/04/2016 11:20 am