Notifications
Clear all

Couldn't resist!

Page 1 / 2

cdfw
 cdfw
(@cdfw)
Reputable Member

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/beta-project ... ABhdKMkBEM.
They said its a limited edition but I doubt it.. Still had to have it though.

'Non adepto demens. Adepto etiam'
War does not show who is right, only who is left..

Topic starter Posted : 29/08/2014 11:26 am

Sgt.Heide
(@sgt-heide)
Illustrious Member

It's been around for a while in actual fact!

When I want your opinion - I'll tell you what it is!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2014 4:12 pm

cdfw
 cdfw
(@cdfw)
Reputable Member

That's funny, I thought this version was only released mid Aug. But then again I don't know a lot about new releases.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 30/08/2014 5:25 pm

Sgt.Heide
(@sgt-heide)
Illustrious Member

At least it's cheaper than the other one available, which is good. Never a fan of them myself (having used real ones, which are shit) but, on the airsoft field, at least it's something different.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2014 5:57 pm

cdfw
 cdfw
(@cdfw)
Reputable Member

I'm very pleased with it.. I have a Welbike so I wanted one for the Arnhem link, however it seems to shoot surprisingly well out of the box.. As I was in Hong Kong anyway it only cost me £160 inc an extra mag. No charges so a result really. How ever the Budlia in my neighbours overgrown garden/jungle is shot to sh*t...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 30/08/2014 6:20 pm

askhati
(@askhati)
Reputable Member

At least it's cheaper than the other one available

The Action model is currently on special price on ehobby for $250 - down from $480. Wonder what prompted it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/09/2014 4:53 pm

cdfw
 cdfw
(@cdfw)
Reputable Member

At least it's cheaper than the other one available, which is good. Never a fan of them myself (having used real ones, which are shit) but, on the airsoft field, at least it's something different.

Re visited this post and just wonder'd why you hated the gun as most who used it seemed to love it.. I am no expert and you are so would love your input.!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/12/2014 7:28 pm

BootedFeet
(@bootedfeet)
Honorable Member

Re visited this post and just wonder'd why you hated the gun as most who used it seemed to love it.. I am no expert and you are so would love your input.!

[link]http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/L2A3_Sterling[/link]

I've fired a bullet on every continent. Nearly hit someone, too.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/12/2014 8:06 pm

cdfw
 cdfw
(@cdfw)
Reputable Member

Thanks for the post booted feet, but I was hoping for a reply from someone that used them.. The post you linked to is not even a dodgy Wikipedia post ,...Not quite sure what link it is, any how any Sterling lovers or Sterling haters who have used/experience this gun please comment.. I would just like to know why someone hated them, rather than saying it is a piece of sh£t with no explanation as to why..!!!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/12/2014 8:23 pm

Allenby
(@allenby)
Noble Member

The link BootedFeet provided is worth taking on board. It was written by former and serving soldiers who were well acquainted with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/12/2014 8:33 pm

cdfw
 cdfw
(@cdfw)
Reputable Member

Again I ask why was it a piece of sh$t... Every one says look at the link.. but the link say's absolutely nothing.. all I am saying is why??? The link may have been written by a former user.... Also Sgt. Hiede may have used them and hated them... But for the love of God for the third time... Why....???? Did it jam... Was it a bugger to clean... Was it in accurate to fire. What...!
Ps. Just reread the link about a tendency to go off when dropped.. I though that was the Mk.2 Sten not the Sterling or even the Mk5 Sten for that matter..!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/12/2014 9:15 pm

McVickers
(@mcvickers)
Famed Member

...I have a Welbike so I wanted one for the Arnhem link,...

Arnhem link?
If you're talking about the 100 Pratchetts which were supposedly taken to Arnhem by 1st South Staffs, I'm afraid that it's just a tale - they were issued them while in England for a short period for weapons trails. No evidence that I'm aware of says there were Pratchetts at Arnhem.

A Proud Member Of 'Team Spleen!' who play mainly at Gunman Airsoft, Tuddenham, Suffolk.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/12/2014 9:25 pm

cdfw
 cdfw
(@cdfw)
Reputable Member

Dear McVickers. .Despite the Arnhem link.. Which may be a bit tenuous... Why was it a piece of s*it..? For the forth time of asking. Everyone says it is crap but all I am asking is why!!!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/12/2014 9:49 pm

Sgt.Heide
(@sgt-heide)
Illustrious Member

Personally, I found it inaccurate, unwieldy and lacking stopping power. I never had a stoppage with one but, didn't really get to use them that much, apart from on the ranges, as they weren't generally issued to anyone (even remf's!) in my battalion. Also, a pain to field clean under the handguard! (I remember spilling "range stew" on one and it was a royal pain in the arse to get clean).

However, none of this is really relevant to an airsoft toy!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/12/2014 10:07 pm

cdfw
 cdfw
(@cdfw)
Reputable Member

Dear Sgt. Hiede.. That is the reply I was asking for.. Thank you..

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/12/2014 10:11 pm

Allenby
(@allenby)
Noble Member

Sort of like going on the Action Man Fan Club forum and asking which Commando knife is the best for pinning slags to a wall on a Friday night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/12/2014 10:17 pm

cdfw
 cdfw
(@cdfw)
Reputable Member

Arnhem link?
If you're talking about the 100 Pratchetts which were supposedly taken to Arnhem by 1st South Staffs, I'm afraid that it's just a tale - they were issued them while in England for a short period for weapons trails. No evidence that I'm aware of says there were Pratchetts at Arnhem.

_________________Dear McVickers.. I never thought it was a mith that Patchets were used at Arnhem.. I thought that the field trial was a fact.. Please forgive me but even if one Patchet was used at Arnhem there is still a link... Please Pm me with details about your findings.
Kind Regards Chris..

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/12/2014 10:32 pm

(@prideofengland)
Noble Member

and asking which Commando knife is the best for pinning slags to a wall on a Friday night.

Crikey you Cockneys know how to party :rofl:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/12/2014 10:40 pm

Allenby
(@allenby)
Noble Member

My chronic ongoing condition (ie; cowardice) means I've never tried it unfortunately. ;)

My apologies if it sounded a bit caustic. A few of us have fired bolt actions and the like, but very few people here have ever used an SMG on full auto. Heide being one I should add straight off the bat. I have enough problems trying to load an Airsoft gun let alone something that could blat a bloke in half. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/12/2014 10:46 pm

McVickers
(@mcvickers)
Famed Member

Dear McVickers. .Despite the Arnhem link.. Which may be a bit tenuous... Why was it a piece of s*it..? For the forth time of asking. Everyone says it is crap but all I am asking is why!!!

I haven't a clue, chap. Never fired one myself.

A Proud Member Of 'Team Spleen!' who play mainly at Gunman Airsoft, Tuddenham, Suffolk.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/12/2014 10:49 pm

Page 1 / 2

Share: