starting ww2 airsof...

Notifications
Clear all

starting ww2 airsoft

(@taro_ryuzaki)
Eminent Member

Hi guys!
Im just looking to start up ww2 airsoft at the moment, wonder if I could have some help?
I do airsofting currently with some local clubs, but looking for somthing different. I have tried to come to an event here before as Japanese WW2, but the Pacific event got cancelled a while back, I dont suppose it will happen again for a while will it?
I have currently full Russian WW2 M35, but wondering what is the absolute 'basic' I can have for German WW2 as well seeing as eastern front events dont happen too often, looking on the kit list above it seems there is an endless list...
Any help would be great! Thanks!

Topic starter Posted : 30/01/2012 10:02 pm

Raffles
(@raffles)
Noble Member

The most basic of german kit is the Volkssturm loadout shown here - http://www.ww2airsoft.org.uk/php/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=6739&p=113437&hilit=volkssturm#p113437

I put together my own for about £40

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/01/2012 10:09 pm

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Hello and welcome. Whilst Volksturm is a cheap loadout, it won't be appropriate for many scenarios. Have a look at this article. http://www.ww2airsoft.org.uk/so-you-wanna-do-german/

Best advice is to build it up bit by bit. Once you have the basic uniform, you will find people on here are very generous at lending bits and pieces when you get to an event.

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2012 8:28 am

HeadShot
(@headshot)
Illustrious Member

Don't forget, many players are more than happy to lend kit to players who want to dip their toe into WW2 airsoft.

Simplest thing to do is pick an event you like the sound of then post on that forum to see if you can borrow kit from people.

Once you've had a taster you can decide if you want to spend money on kit for yourself.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2012 10:32 am

(@mattywheels)
Noble Member

Take the time to search through this forum, if you've got a question it may already have been asked on here before! If not, don't worry about asking away - we were all new to this once! :wink:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2012 12:14 pm

dadio
(@dadio)
Famed Member

i can only stress what others have said,get what you can afford of the right kit and borrow the rest.the more new blood the better and people really are willing to lend kit out on the "you bend it you mend it "basis,verry few of us can afford to be perfectly terned out for our first games and ive never seen or heard of anybody who went away after their first event without haveing made several friends and wanting more.
find a game you can get to and get stuck in,as for russian games im sure there will be more as loads of people now have the kit and want to use it and there still needs to be a starlingrad game down her in the south.

armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2012 4:16 pm

Poacher
(@poacher)
Noble Member

There was an eastern front game near Bicester just before Xmas. Thats well south.

aka Stigroadie

AFRA
better by design

"Truth is a shining goddess, always veiled, always distant, never wholly approachable, but worthy of all the devotion of which the human spirit is capable. "

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2012 7:31 pm

(@taro_ryuzaki)
Eminent Member

Cheers for all the help guys!
Ill see how my wallet feels before expanding my bulging wardrobe even further! :lol:
I will probs try out Russian for the first ww2 event I do and then see if I can do ww2 german from there.
Generally, is hiki any good for ww2 german airsofting authenticity? : http://hikishop.net/
I have had a few bits off him in the past.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 31/01/2012 9:25 pm

(@mattywheels)
Noble Member

Haven't heard of them myself, the pics look similar to the Spearhead Militaria products on ebay though - best wait to see if others have used them.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/02/2012 9:43 am

Poacher
(@poacher)
Noble Member

HikiShop is old Hong Kong Keith under a new banner.
His insignia is poor, oversize much of the time and his products are average. What do you expect for the money?
His service can be slow or hit and miss is perhaps a better term.
One order will be fine the next a disaster.
Like most Chinese product they are made down to a price so dont expect them to last too long or be a super accurate replica.
It's close but not spot on, you will look like a German but wont fool anyone.
The above really applies to all Chinese makers, though there are some Chinese made uniforms that are QC'd by US or European companies that are getting very good.
I think the cheap Chinese uniforms are probably ideal for airsoft.

aka Stigroadie

AFRA
better by design

"Truth is a shining goddess, always veiled, always distant, never wholly approachable, but worthy of all the devotion of which the human spirit is capable. "

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/02/2012 10:05 am

MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

My stuff from Hiki is OK, but his sizing is a bit optimistic, buy big. For German gear really I'd look for second hand on the forum if you want good stuff cheap, but even new, you can get German gear much cheaper than e.g. British. Helmet, jacket, trousers, belt, ammo pouches, breadbag, done.

There are a fair number of Ostfront games, the one this weekend will be my fourth in a year (and I missed the CiA one last summer). WW2 Russian is also OK for Cold War games, of which there are plenty.

Cheers
Martin

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/02/2012 11:16 am

(@lardassmonkey)
Famed Member

Yes Eastern front events are increasinly common so you may get more use out of your red army kit than you expect. It is always good to have a second option though, mine is also German.

Take your time putting it together and don't try to get it all from one place. Borrow if you need to and try to keep it generic, at least to start with to maximise your options for games. :good:

WW2 Russian is also OK for Cold War games, of which there are plenty.

Well certain bits are ok but I'd say an M35 tunic is definitely pushing it a bit too far.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/02/2012 11:37 am

(@taro_ryuzaki)
Eminent Member

Fair enough, I shall look into it! Thanks!
I like the idea of WW2 airsoft, much different from the usual hordes of people in modern brit BDU's.
I also do East German kit for cold war events!
Also, any reccomendations as for my 1st airsoft rifle? I was thinking along the lines of a Zeta Arms mosin, or a 2nd hand tanaka K98... what do you guys think?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/02/2012 7:30 pm

Share: