Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Today I....

Page 158 / 185

MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

Got to the top of Mount Etna, getting a feel for the terrain for the Messina game:)

It was a bit chilly at the top, apart from the bits which had only stopped erupting a couple of weeks ago.

-- attachment is not available --

Cheers
Martin

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2014 1:24 pm

Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

Got to the top of Mount Etna, getting a feel for the terrain for the Messina game:)

Ski-lifts are fantastic things aren't they. Just think if you'd have walked up!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2014 2:57 pm

MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

There were a surprising number walking up the last three thousand feet but the rest of my party didn't really have the boots for it. I was particularly taken with the sulphur deposits around the active craters, but a lot of the summit paths were closed due to the recent eruption.

A lovely clear day, could see Syracuse. The terrain even on the plain is so tangled though I'm amazed anyone raced anywhere.

Cheers
Martin

Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2014 5:10 pm

Raffles
(@raffles)
Noble Member

Nice day in the sun doing more on my K98, managed to dislodge a giant knot in the wood though so spent a while fixing that.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/04/2014 8:33 pm

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Put dubbin on my low boots, and waterproofed my Zelts, in preparation for my first blank-firing event next w/e. 36 hours in the field, no sleeping bags, campbeds, etc. :shock:

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 21/04/2014 8:52 pm

Raffles
(@raffles)
Noble Member

Got my corcoran's restitched, for the third time. looks like this may be the last so I'll be on the lookout for replacements. I quite fancy the look of the Dutch copies.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/04/2014 12:00 am

Russe11
(@russe11)
Honorable Member

Started my Aussie impression by ordering Service dress jacket and Slouch hat from Spearhead.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/04/2014 3:06 am

spiers
(@spiers)
Noble Member

The jacket looks a bit like a tailored version of the M42 Jump jacket.

Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who will fight!
General James M. Gavin

CRY HAVOC AND LET LOOSE THE DOGS OF WAR

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/04/2014 6:44 pm

BootedFeet
(@bootedfeet)
Honorable Member

Went and played a regular airsoft game for the first time in a while, and wondered why. :roll:

I've fired a bullet on every continent. Nearly hit someone, too.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/04/2014 7:34 pm

Russe11
(@russe11)
Honorable Member

The jacket looks a bit like a tailored version of the M42 Jump jacket.

It's a WW1 design similar to the British Service dress but with bigger pockets and black buttons instead of shiney brass. But yes I see the vague resemblance. I guess both started from a SD jacket and evolved with similar needs (ie lets carry more stuff). Only difference is the material. Looks a damn sight smarter than Battledress and possibly more practical for infantry. I tried finding when the Aussies switched to battledress and found pictures of Korean war Aussies in it but when you read the captions they are always from armoured units, if you find infantry they are still in these jackets or similar. It's the boots that sold me on the idea of doing an Aussie impression http://www.warwicks.com.au/sales/r_aus_ ... s_boot.htm they just look more laid back than the British boots.
I may have to convert a Digeridoo for use as a rocket launcher or mortar just for the comedy value at some point :D

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/04/2014 4:23 am

Iceman
(@iceman)
Estimable Member

Finished my S&S Lee Enfield No 4 assembly, finally in my mittens! :happyclap: Saturday will see it's first use.

Why do you always carry that umbrella?
-Bad memory. Never could remember the password. Knew no Jerry would carry one. Had to prove I was an Englishman, you see.
A bridge too far

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/04/2014 9:03 am

MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

Great, I hope you enjoy using it, I really like mine. It shoots really straight although I've no idea how long the ASG internals will hold up, hopefully for a while as we aren't putting thousands of rounds through them.

Cheers
Martin

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/04/2014 10:04 am

Raffles
(@raffles)
Noble Member

Wasted a day waiting on autoglass coming. Did find a spare mag catch for my k98 though!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/04/2014 12:59 am

dadio
(@dadio)
Famed Member

replaced the piston in my bren with a fully metal teeth one after the existing one had the firsts tooth and a big chunk of the back of the piston rip off at San Marino ,also replaced a broken trigger part on my sten ,now I've made good the damages I'm ready for the next one.

armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/05/2014 6:36 pm

ww2stu
(@ww2stu)
Noble Member

replaced the piston in my bren with a fully metal teeth one after the existing one had the firsts tooth and a big chunk of the back of the piston rip off at San Marino ,also replaced a broken trigger part on my sten ,now I've made good the damages I'm ready for the next one.

quite a few people remove the back tooth off pistons when upgrading. Especially if they use different make gears / tappet plate / Piston

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/05/2014 6:38 pm

dadio
(@dadio)
Famed Member

quite a few people remove the back tooth off pistons when upgrading. Especially if they use different make gears / tappet plate / Piston

thing is i was sure it had a fully metal tooth piston in it ,i always remove the first normal tooth and half the second tooth for cleaner engagement ,not sure how i ended up with a plain plastic piston in there ,the real kicker was i had a nice fully metal tooth SHS blue piston in my holdall that came to the game but i took it out two day's before the game while having a tidy up :slap:

armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/05/2014 7:00 pm

(@kroot)
Reputable Member

Good to hear all the weapons are up and running again. Everytime I turned around you had a different Firearm in your mitts :lol:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2014 8:18 am

Russe11
(@russe11)
Honorable Member

I gave someone some advice on which MP5 to buy on another forum. He ended up asking if I would sell mine. Now I need to decide whether to ditch all my modern gear and go for totally WW2 airsoft gear.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2014 2:33 pm

MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

Now I need to decide whether to ditch all my modern gear and go for totally WW2 airsoft gear.

If you have the storage space and don't absolutely need the cash, it is good to keep some options open.

Cheers
Martin

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2014 3:56 pm

MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

Replaced the front inner tube on my Truppenfahrrad with proper one from a proper bike shop.

Having got thing back together, then discovered the back tyre was soft.... whose idea was it put crappy Woods valves on these things?

Cheers
Martin

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/05/2014 4:31 pm

Page 158 / 185

Share: