Notifications
Clear all

excitement thread

Page 1 / 2

(@wladek)
Famed Member

I don't care it is is just a training day dammit! I am excited. then I look at the weather forecast and I am scared. then I am excited again.

8.33 on the standard scale - still got some sewing to do. :D

Topic starter Posted : 27/02/2013 4:25 pm

Sgt.Heide
(@sgt-heide)
Illustrious Member

Still got lots to prepare, not least some cold weather kit! (Looks like the Major Konig parka is coming out!). I always look forward to these events, especially since all of those booked "get it".

When I want your opinion - I'll tell you what it is!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/02/2013 4:46 pm

Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

Getting a bit frustrated now - I wanted to bring my K98 for an outing but it's still lying in exactly the same spot I dumped it after the September game and so I've not sorted the mags out yet. :slap:

But, looking forward immensely to the weekend. Not that bothered about cold after breaking ice off the zelt tent at the November event. This weekend will be a positively balmy 7 degrees during the day, 2 degrees at night and most importantly no rain, just cloud or sunshine. Nice.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/02/2013 4:52 pm

(@wladek)
Famed Member

I am now wishing I had ordered the greatcoat :roll: I will have to just make do with the other one(s) for now :D

and yeah, November was a bitch... Feb was too.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/02/2013 4:53 pm

(@lardassmonkey)
Famed Member

Yes i'm looking forward to the event if not the cold. I'll probably have to break out the modern tent though.

As long as its warmer than FL(and it should be) I think we'll cope.

I had hoped to break out the mosin for this but the stock has cracked again and I haven't finished the replacement yet. Hopefully the Ppsh will be behaving instead.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/02/2013 5:03 pm

(@wladek)
Famed Member

modern!? :shock: ;)

I am trying the new 'Polish Army 2 man'... so it should be interesting. I am debating making an internal 'tripod' to free up the center space but I dunno yet.

And speaking of my odd little plans - what time can we arrive from on Saturday?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/02/2013 5:07 pm

HeadShot
(@headshot)
Illustrious Member

Arrive for 11.00am - 12.00pm please. Set up and camp can be part of the event so there's no need to be ready to go at midday exactly, as long as you're ready to move around and not sit in your cars at midday.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/02/2013 5:13 pm

(@wladek)
Famed Member

ah, OK, great :good:

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/02/2013 5:15 pm

Seanebabes
(@seanebabes)
Reputable Member

On the excitement scale... 0 coz I can't go.
Grump!
Have fun. :evil:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/02/2013 5:52 pm

MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

I have a seeming mountain of clothing piled up in the back room. All I need to do now is charge some batteries and make two days worth of sandwiches :)

Nothing will be as cold as those freezing buildings at Sevastopol, although I did wake up at Gothic lIne with my feet outside in the ice to match the ice on the inside of the tent.

Call it 7.

Cheers
Martin

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/02/2013 9:14 am

HeadShot
(@headshot)
Illustrious Member

For the record, Flying Lead got down to -6c at night, but it was dry so there wasn't much frost.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/02/2013 9:42 am

Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

Yeah, I think we will be OK on this one - no wind, no rain, some sunshine and not damp air. Crisp, dry and bright - layered clothes required to add or remove as comfort requires.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/02/2013 9:53 am

(@wladek)
Famed Member

yup, the gradually improving weather makes me feel relieved - for I am a wuss.

Anyway I survived Flying Lead, so I will survive this dammit. grrrrr, etc.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 28/02/2013 10:06 am

Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

I can outdo your wussiness, I am wussier than anyone and I loath 'camping' as an evil necessity. But I'm still looking forward to the weekend!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/02/2013 10:10 am

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Pah! You ain't experienced nothing unless you were at Matlock a few years ago - minus 9.5!

Not got excited yet - however, tomorrow I'm on holiday and will get my kit together, so will start foaming at the mouth with anticipation! :mrgreen:

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/02/2013 5:51 pm

MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

Water and beer now packed, last bits of clothing adding to the groaning heap and batteries laid out for charging.

Half day today so I can get a run in before the weekend, so only a few hours and two meetings to go.

Must remember a folding chair.

Cheers
Martin

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/03/2013 8:54 am

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Aww.... my uniform has "shrunk"... :oops:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/03/2013 12:11 pm

(@wladek)
Famed Member

I keep finding the same. It must be wool. all the fault of the wool. Blame the wool.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/03/2013 12:14 pm

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Argh! I'm out of hexy. Does anybody have any spare that I can buy please?

[edit] And does anybody happen to have a can of eggshell finish RAL6006 I could borrow? :)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/03/2013 1:39 pm

Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

Yes and yes, added to the pile!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/03/2013 1:47 pm

Page 1 / 2

Share: