Clear all

Battle for Caen - Operation Epsom 1-2 August 2009

(@gunman)
Noble Member

Operation Epsom
Dorking
£65 pre book, £75 on the gate.

June 28 1944 ‘Operation Epsom’
Preceded by attacks to secure the lines of advance, Operation Epsom was launched early on 26 June, with units of the 15th (Scottish) Infantry Division advancing behind a rolling artillery barrage. Air cover would be sporadic for much of the operation, as poor weather in the United Kingdom forced the last-minute cancellation of bomber support. Supported by the tanks of the 31st Tank Brigade, the 15th Scottish made steady progress, and by the end of the first day had largely overrun the German outpost line, although some difficulties remained in securing the flanks of the advance. In heavy fighting over the following two days, a foothold was secured across the River Odon, and efforts were made to expand this by capturing strategic points around the salient and moving up the 43rd (Wessex) Infantry Division. However, in response to powerful German counterattacks, by 30 June some of the British positions across the river were withdrawn, bringing the operation to a close.

Our 'Battle for Mouen' focusses on action on the 28 June when the germans counter-attacked the recently liberated village of Mouen. It sees the allies on the defensive for a change and gives the axis forces the opportunity to make an all out attack on a defended postion.

Scenario

Our battle begins a few days after the initial attack and the area is controlled by the allied forces. Field Marshal Rommel has re-directed armour and infantry to the area ready for a German counter attack.

The small village of Mourn must be retaken and the allied communications severed before an assault on the allied HQ can be made, which is key to the counter attack working. Also the German troops are facing defences they occupied only a few days prior, which are now even more fortified after the Allied forces, have made use of the 2 days breather they have had and are ready for the battle to recommence.

Can the German forces expel the Allies and give their troops in Caen enough time to dig in before the battle for Caen begins or can the Allies hold Mourn long enough to get a solid foothold and staging area for the final push on Caen only a few days away.

Only the next few days will tell…

Heer Schmidt

Topic starter Posted : 27/07/2009 6:25 pm
(@gunman)
Noble Member

front page updated

Heer Schmidt

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 28/07/2009 12:16 pm
dave barrett
(@dave-barrett)
Prominent Member

Who do we ask for when we get to Dorking

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/07/2009 4:43 pm
Harborne Blue
(@harborne-blue)
Honorable Member

Josh tells me that he will be on site from 10:00. I think we've got the whole place to ourselves - WW2 only this weekend!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/07/2009 7:15 pm
dave barrett
(@dave-barrett)
Prominent Member

No..i mean were in Dorking is the game...carnt seem to find address.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/07/2009 7:40 pm
McVickers
(@mcvickers)
Famed Member

Dave, It's going to be held at "Elite Action Games" Dorking site. Postcode is: RH5 4RW

A Proud Member Of 'Team Spleen!' who play mainly at Gunman Airsoft, Tuddenham, Suffolk.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/07/2009 8:07 pm
dave barrett
(@dave-barrett)
Prominent Member

Dave, It's going to be held at "Elite Action Games" Dorking site. Postcode is: RH5 4RW

Nice one matey

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/07/2009 8:10 pm
McVickers
(@mcvickers)
Famed Member

Nice one matey

No problems. Glad to be of assistance.

A Proud Member Of 'Team Spleen!' who play mainly at Gunman Airsoft, Tuddenham, Suffolk.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/07/2009 9:51 pm
McVickers
(@mcvickers)
Famed Member

This Battle for Caen is known For the medieval battle and this battle happen between allied forces and German forces..This Battle for Caen is one of the famous battle near the Normandy beach,Operation Charnwood is the part of Battle for Caen.

SpamBot, methinks....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/06/2011 9:18 am
Share: