Notifications
Clear all

late war trousers....

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@machinegunjoe)
Topic starter

Sorry if its been asked but.... So how high are the late war trousers supposed to be at the bottom?

Posted : 06/10/2015 9:29 am
MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

As long as they aren't so short you end up with the ends outside your gaiters, I don't think it matters. If they are too long, they will be pleasingly baggy.

Mine come just above where my ankle reaches my foot. My FJ jump trousers are shorter, but they are designed to be.

Cheers
Martin

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.
Arnhem3,Gumrak,Campoleone

Posted : 06/10/2015 11:30 am
(@machinegunjoe)
Topic starter

Thanks for the reply Martin :) mine are above my ankle by about an inch/inch and a half.

Another silly question but are the white cotton strips at the bottom of the trousers do they go underfoot or around the leg to tighten the trouser so it doesn't ride up?

Posted : 07/10/2015 12:33 pm
(@mattywheels)
Noble Member

My understanding is that the strips are basically stirrups to keep the trousers in place.

Posted : 07/10/2015 1:52 pm
(@machinegunjoe)
Topic starter

I guessed as much. These seem a bit shorter than they should be for me. Though trying them with the gaiters they seem ok so may do for now :)

Thanks for the heads up guys :good:

Posted : 07/10/2015 7:30 pm
MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

You could always loosen your braces so they hang a bit lower. My old P37 BD trousers were a bit short in the leg so I just let them hang a bit lower.

Cheers
Martin

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.
Arnhem3,Gumrak,Campoleone

Posted : 08/10/2015 6:09 am
Share: