Notifications
Clear all

Documentation and ID

Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

1. Could all PoW's please supply me with a mugshot-type image of themselves. I'll be making up index cards of prisoners to be used for suspect identification at search HQ. However, your chances of having your story believed stand a greater chance if your escape kit/disguise doesn't match your camp ID photo.

2. In the intervening few months would PoWs please turn their minds to their names, escape papers and back story - you have a private forum in which to throw around ideas and suggestions. Should you be stopped you will be asked to account for yourself. Consider blagging your way out of a tight spot as a last resort - clearly the best plan is to avoid all contact with the locals and search teams.

Topic starter Posted : 04/03/2013 10:13 pm

MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

Do you want mugshots of us in POW kit AND escape kit?

I'm not sure I know where to start forging 1940s ID papers! I don't think Donald Pleasance is around any more to do it for us...

Cheers
Martin

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/03/2013 2:50 pm

Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

Not bothered what you are wearing as long as it is a clear photo of you in mugshot style (i.e. no headwear). At the event you will probably want to look different from that photo else if caught I'm going to clock you. As for a secondary photo for your escape kit, you may not have bother, depending on your escape persona. I'm pretty sure civilians didn't have photo ID cards, but Government officials did. But be creative - letters in envelopes, permits to travel to docks, trail tickets, ration cards etc - anything you can think of to prove your bone fide.

http://www.objectlessons.org/conflict-and-protest-20th-century-to-present/identity-cards-world-war-ii-original-/s74/a922/

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/docs-paper-items-photos-propaganda/ww2-british-national-registration-identity-cards-12176/

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=british+ww2+identity+cards&hl=en&safe=off&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=1Qo2Ue00yNw9yr6AqAI&ved=0CEEQsAQ&biw=1745&bih=860

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/03/2013 3:13 pm

dcheetham89
(@dcheetham89)
Reputable Member

I have already started producing my documentation, lots of fun really, inventing a character and practising accents...

waiting for the list to update, first time German, couldn't resist the lure of the escape.

and my civilian clothing items are starting to trickle in through the letter box :twisted:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/04/2014 7:36 pm

(@prideofengland)
Noble Member

I have already started producing my documentation, lots of fun really, inventing a character and practising accents...

Yes thats all part of the attraction of going as an escapee, I wish I was a few years younger and felt more confident at spending a night out in the woods :slap:

Still rest assured as a member of the Home Guard I will have some warm blankets to wrap captured prisoners in and will make you a lovelly cup of char, well you might be beastly Germans but you could catch your death out in the woods at night. If my sister Doris has been saving her ration coupons as promised I might even have some nice tea cakes as well. Of course I can't promise this, there is a war on you know :wink:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/04/2014 8:26 pm

Seanebabes
(@seanebabes)
Reputable Member

Yes thats all part of the attraction of going as an escapee, I wish I was a few years younger and felt more confident at spending a night out in the woods :slap:

If I can get the weekend 'off' I'll be going as German, but to be honest I fully expect to get caught as my English accent is awful, so a night in the woods is the least of my worries. :giggle:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/04/2014 5:11 pm

Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

Plenty of foreigners here in the UK in 1945. Cpt. Chomley-Warner moved from his Home Counties estate to Bridgend early in the war and he isn't well travelled. All foreigners sound the same to him. It's a problem when it comes to Welsh speakers too, often used by the locals when they don't want their nefarious or uncomplimentary conversations to be overheard :wink:

Incidentally, savvy escapees will seek out suitable shelter for kipping - the PoW camp comprises officers who are are not necessarily content with sleeping in bushes or ditches!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 28/04/2014 8:43 pm

(@prideofengland)
Noble Member

Well I had been planning on going Brit for several reasons:

1) Will probably be my only chance to go Brit this year.
2) I will have more home comforts.
3) If I went German I would almost certainly have to bear the shame of being the first caught :slap:

But if I went German:
1) If I am caught quickly I will still have home comforts and the chance to wear my Brit kit.
2) Working on an escape kit and forged documents would be such fun.
3) Well I did do the CIA training day so a shame not to put some of it to practice.

I wont make a decision tonight as I am I am currently enjoying my 3rd large Sloe Gin but I am very tempted to change my mind and go German :roll:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/04/2014 11:20 pm

dcheetham89
(@dcheetham89)
Reputable Member

Well I had been planning on going Brit for several reasons:

1) Will probably be my only chance to go Brit this year.
2) I will have more home comforts.
3) If I went German I would almost certainly have to bear the shame of being the first caught :slap:

But if I went German:
1) If I am caught quickly I will still have home comforts and the chance to wear my Brit kit.
2) Working on an escape kit and forged documents would be such fun.
3) Well I did do the CIA training day so a shame not to put some of it to practice.

I wont make a decision tonight as I am I am currently enjoying my 3rd large Sloe Gin but I am very tempted to change my mind and go German :roll:

Gooooo on do it! Its going to be loads of fun, especially if more people book on! sleeping "rough" wont be a problem in the middle of summer, and as stated already there is cover, so it will probably be a better sleep than alot of weekenders before....also with my clown feet and general clumsiness I'm sure you wouldnt be the first one to get caught :slap:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/04/2014 7:45 am

(@tommy9151)
Reputable Member

Sorry, just thought I'd ask for some confirmation.

What would a Home Guardsman possess as identification?

What would a soldier possess as identification?

What would a civilian (or nasty, filthy German spy/POW escapee) possess as identification?

Weapons:
King Arms M1928 Thompson Submachine Gun
AGM Sten Mk.II
CYMA M1911 EAP

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/04/2014 6:57 pm

Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

The British side will be issued with appropriate official authorised documentation. Escapees won't. 8)

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 30/04/2014 9:03 pm

(@slick63)
Noble Member

This place has repro id cards and other stuff http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Dishmops-Reenacting-Supplies?_trksid=p2047675.l2563
And these packs provide several handy pocket fillers http://www.mempackcompany.com/index.php

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2014 9:10 pm

Share: