Notifications
Clear all

Excitometer

Page 1 / 4

stof
(@stof)
Prominent Member

Running at a lowly 7 at the moment due to having to much to do and working 12 hour night shifts right up until friday morning.

Topic starter Posted : 12/06/2011 4:01 pm
Hänschen klein
(@hanschen-klein)
Famed Member

OK German Signs all done
Radio Music done for the evening Drinks
Kit almost sorted
Bandages done
running about 7.5 :D

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/06/2011 5:07 pm
(@bedsnherts)
Famed Member

Nervous that it's going to piss down all day. 4.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/06/2011 5:25 pm
Zero Bravo
(@zero-bravo)
Famed Member

Spent all day sorting bits of kit and hoping I haven't forgotten anything, currently 6.5

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/06/2011 5:33 pm
rifleman6925
(@rifleman6925)
Prominent Member

The excitometer will rise after the end of every hour in the 6/7 hour drive to the site lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/06/2011 6:07 pm
Zero Bravo
(@zero-bravo)
Famed Member

I've got a six hour drive too. I don't live that far away but I'm getting a lift in Fremsley's van

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/06/2011 6:24 pm
Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

I've got a six hour drive too. I don't live that far away but I'm getting a lift in Fremsley's van

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/06/2011 6:35 pm
fremsley
(@fremsley)
Prominent Member

Stop it you cruel men! was 6 now down to 4. spent the weekend filling rusty holes on Manouche. Now covered red oxide spots - looks wounded! Just blancoed me pistol belt, holster and gaiters!

I'm a hero with coward's legs.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/06/2011 9:21 pm
McVickers
(@mcvickers)
Famed Member

I'm getting pretty excited!
Still need to get all my kit together!

A Proud Member Of 'Team Spleen!' who play mainly at Gunman Airsoft, Tuddenham, Suffolk.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/06/2011 9:28 pm
fremsley
(@fremsley)
Prominent Member

Hmmm it's a dish best served cold.

Scenario;

A flooded field somewhere in Italy - night is falling and so is the horizontal rain and the gale. A poor bedraggled creature taps on the the door of the the officer's mess and squeaks a request to be given entry and shelter from the miserable elements. There is the sounds of clinking glasses, witty banter ( yeah right) and the aroma of fine cigars emanating from within. The request caused a pause in the proceedings, to consider the request and it is shortly answered in a manner that Bacon and Shakespeare would have approved of.

'Sod off and drown soggy!'

So excitometer now 6!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2011 7:36 am
Boshman
(@boshman)
Noble Member

I'm currently running at about 6-7. still got a few props to complete and paint but should have everything ready to go by Wednesday. Sorted my personal kit last night so the exitement is definitely rising.

I think I will throw the EZ-up gazebo into the van, just in case

“I wanted to come to the Volga at a specific location at a specific city. By chance it carries the name of Stalin himself. So don’t think I marched there for this reason – it could carry another name – but because there is a very important goal... this goal I wanted to take – and you know – we are very modest, we have it already."
Adolf Hitler, November 1942

"Comrades, Red Army men, commanders and political workers, men and women guerrillas! It is on your perseverance, staunchness, fighting skill and readiness to discharge your duty to the country that the defeat of the German-fascist army and the liberation of the Soviet land from the Hitlerite invaders depend! We can and must clear the Soviet land of Hitlerite vermin."
Joseph Stalin, November 1942

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2011 7:58 am
(@bedsnherts)
Famed Member

Scenario;

A flooded field somewhere in Italy - night is falling and so is the horizontal rain and the gale. A poor bedraggled creature taps on the the door of the the officer's mess and squeaks a request to be given entry and shelter from the miserable elements. There is the sounds of clinking glasses, witty banter ( yeah right) and the aroma of fine cigars emanating from within. The request caused a pause in the proceedings, to consider the request and it is shortly answered in a manner that Bacon and Shakespeare would have approved of.

So excitometer now 6!

CO enters and berates you for not applying blanco to the van and red oxide to the webbing as ordered. Field Punishment Number 1.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2011 9:19 am
Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

It's the Med - scrub off that blanco!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2011 10:08 am
MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

Mostly packed, just some last minute bits to do. We are planning on taking the whole of Friday to drive down but calling into at Bovington on the way. Discovered I've only got two mags which work in my rifle, better to find out now I suppose.

Call it a 6, it will increase once I've got through the next couple of miserable days at work.

Fingers crossed about the weather.

Cheers
Martin

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2011 10:10 am
Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Currently not registering anything, but I am now starting to sort my kit (and the whole of the bloomin' kit room, it feels like). I predict that the Excitometer will be automatically start once I get going.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2011 10:14 am
(@wladek)
Famed Member

Oh High, I have always been high for this.

No packing done, and I am working through 'till lunch on Friday... but I am still excited.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2011 10:29 am
dadio
(@dadio)
Famed Member

just finished work for 12 days,all my guns are serviced ,need to polish boots and proof the tent.after that im ready to pack,already pretty excited ,probably a high 8 :D

armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2011 10:35 am
(@lardassmonkey)
Famed Member

Probably about a 5 as I'm looking forward to this but haven't really started packing yet.

We are planning on taking the whole of Friday to drive down but calling into at Bovington on the way.

I might be tempted to do the same actually since I've never been. I'm staying in Southampton Thursday night so will have plenty of time to spare.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2011 10:43 am
rifleman6925
(@rifleman6925)
Prominent Member

Mmm, that does sound tempting aswell :P

(I have just checked the website for prices and as a serving member of the Armed Forces, I get in free, happy days )

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2011 11:18 am
fremsley
(@fremsley)
Prominent Member

Scenario;

So excitometer now 6!

CO enters and berates you for not applying blanco to the van and red oxide to the webbing as ordered. Field Punishment Number 1.

EEEEEEEP!!! Now where's that bottle of Kaolin and Morphine!

Tied to a gun carriage ? One normally has to pay good money for that! Nerdely i looked it up to refresh my memory - it was abolished in 1923! More likely I'd get 'The Hill'.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2011 11:49 am
Page 1 / 4
Share: