Notifications
Clear all

Any feed back on this guys. Looked a great game.

Page 1 / 2

(@gunman)
Noble Member

Hi guys, any feed back??

Heer Schmidt

Topic starter Posted : 21/05/2014 10:23 am

Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

Clairvoyant anyone?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2014 10:40 am

HeadShot
(@headshot)
Illustrious Member

I loved the bit where the David Bowie Ziggy Stardust reenactor took the main bunker using his guitar laser-ray as a pole vault to get over the sandbag wall.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2014 11:09 am

(@davies3059)
Trusted Member

Everybody that confirmed attendance was asked if they were interested in our Venue rather than Ceri as the numbers simply werent there for the larger site.

Unfortunately due to an almost complete absence of Axis players it had to be binned.

Once it was cancelled we started getting guys expressing an interest.
Unfortunately, too little too late.

Perhaps one of the more established organisers will have mire luck with the idea.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2014 12:49 pm

HeadShot
(@headshot)
Illustrious Member

Everybody that confirmed attendance was asked if they were interested in our Venue rather than Ceri as the numbers simply werent there for the larger site.

Unfortunately due to an almost complete absence of Axis players it had to be binned.

Once it was cancelled we started getting guys expressing an interest.
Unfortunately, too little too late.

Perhaps one of the more established organisers will have mire luck with the idea.

Does't look like it. The established organisers are being broadly ignored for less focussed events. Looks like the next three events will get cancelled too.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2014 2:10 pm

(@ronin)

Any thoughts on why?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2014 3:19 pm

HeadShot
(@headshot)
Illustrious Member

I blame UKIP.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2014 3:31 pm

(@davies3059)
Trusted Member

Somethings clearly amiss when four consecutive games in a niche format face cancellation.
Thats not just coincidence.
Real shame, knowing how much work is plowed in before even the first boots hit the ground.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2014 5:43 pm

Sgt.Heide
(@sgt-heide)
Illustrious Member

Somethings clearly amiss when four consecutive games in a niche format face cancellation.
Real shame, knowing how much work is plowed in before even the first boots hit the ground.

Have to agree with you on that one. It's been an ongoing discussion, among many, for some time now. Many just seem to want to just skirmish in WW2 kit these days unfortunately and those who do want something a bit more immersive or demanding (be it physical or cerebral) are not in enough numbers for those events to happen like they did in the past.

When I want your opinion - I'll tell you what it is!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2014 6:24 pm

(@pvtjohnny)
Reputable Member

It sucks! This game sounded fantastic! I've tried for years to play such a game. To no avail. Perhaps we could target individuals on a kind of invite basis and work to accommodate as many as possible time and date wise? Get people to recruit on behalf of the organisers. I'm certain I could get a 5-6 man squad up.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2014 10:09 pm

ww2stu
(@ww2stu)
Noble Member

There has been 4 games this year so far run (although one was for Help The Heroes / getting new players into the hobby) Just bad timing I guess, alot of ww2 reg's went to the earlier game in May.

Im gutted as In France for the June game and visiting family in newcastle for the July game. There has been a higher amount of games run in the same month this year because of new organisers coming aboard. Hopefully the right people now have access to plan these with the other organisers in a sub forum.

Stu

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2014 10:14 pm

(@davies3059)
Trusted Member

Whilst its also understood that being a newcomer to the WW2 side of event organisation also worked against us, I cant blame anybody for being slightly reluctant for booking on to this one, despite celebrating our 20th Anniversary as a site this year ;)

It certainly dosent explain the nosedive everybody else is experiencing.
You msy well be onto something there Johnny.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2014 10:20 pm

(@benji)

It is frustrating having to cancel / move games etc after a lot of work but I for one like the idea of a collaboration and organised traveling games, for like minded airsofters, to actually get a shoot, game on! :-)

airsoft...where dressing up is half the fun.

Armoury--TM Tompson TM 1911 ASG Sten mk V ASG M1 carbine (gas) AY 1918 BAR

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2014 10:39 pm

Universal Gunner
(@universal-gunner)
Reputable Member

Timing has certainly worked against me this year. Sorry to hear Albany has been cancelled, like Johnny says it sounds fantastic to me and I'm sorry for the organisers. I had hoped to still make it down for the Friday night but was (and indeed still am) waiting on a car repair. I guess everyone can have reasons for late commitment but this is of little consolation to organisers.

The question is why so many of us have excuses and so few are committing earlier.

I agree there seems to have been a shift towards sisk, which is a shame.

I understand the idea about invitation games and people organising groups and it is not necessarily a bad idea as long as it doesn't become too cliquey and people who generally come on their own (like me) aren't forgotten.

Cheers Charlie

I have a small skewer hidden in the collar of my jumping jacket, and a razorblade in my gaiter, as well as my knife.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2014 10:47 pm

(@davies3059)
Trusted Member

Just throwing the idea out there and seeing what comes back on this one, but, maybe a regional contact point for the sort of games suggested above to ensure lone players dont get forgotten about.
Say for instance I was to put on another Albany (just using this scenario as an example) I would put out an invite to like minded contact points.e.g Josh or Dave or any number of other"Regional contact points"and they in turn compile a list of players who contact them.
If for instance four games a year were organised between the Organisers, wether as single organisers or in partnership with each other on a rented site.
Surely four amalgamated games with good turnout is better than four consecutive cancelled games where no one gets a game at all?
This obviously wont happen overnight and I may be seen as taking liberties by suggesting it, but what actually do we as WW2 Airsofters have to lose by trying?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2014 11:07 pm

(@gunman)
Noble Member

Just throwing the idea out there and seeing what comes back on this one, but, maybe a regional contact point for the sort of games suggested above to ensure lone players dont get forgotten about.
Say for instance I was to put on another Albany (just using this scenario as an example) I would put out an invite to like minded contact points.e.g Josh or Dave or any number of other"Regional contact points"and they in turn compile a list of players who contact them.
If for instance four games a year were organised between the Organisers, wether as single organisers or in partnership with each other on a rented site.
Surely four amalgamated games with good turnout is better than four consecutive cancelled games where no one gets a game at all?
This obviously wont happen overnight and I may be seen as taking liberties by suggesting it, but what actually do we as WW2 Airsofters have to lose by trying?

I totally agree with this and have tried to rally the groups in the past, but to no avail. Im really sorry about my post :good: I had no idea it had been cancelled and loved the idea of 24hr WW2. Im planning one for December and wanted to get some feed back. July is looking very dead in the water and unless I get 20 players booked by the end of July, I can afford to take the risk on the site (which is awesome for WW2). I certainly don't take it personally, times are STILL hard and the scene has moved on for the better in most part, with more Variety of games increasing, but the numbers haven't increased at the same pace and left games bare. Also, many player groups have disbanded or just don't play anymore.

I agree with Hiede, that the emphasis right now is with more battling games that thinly ones and if we want to 'stay in the game' we need to rethink our game options. Let me make my stance clear here. NO ONE IS RIGHT!!! which is why I love hobby based combat games.

Still, to the guys that haven't or are not willing to try try anything outside of a battle game, you may well be missing out on a whole new way to experience WW2.

Sorry again that this game got cancelled.

Heer Schmidt

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 22/05/2014 8:06 am

HeadShot
(@headshot)
Illustrious Member

the scene has moved on for the better in most part

Citation needed.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/05/2014 9:09 am

(@davies3059)
Trusted Member

No problem mate, had the weekend gone ahead you could have had all the feedback I could have given:)
Not to worry.
As it stands, the way I see it is this way.
If the individual WW2 organisers dont arrange games that involve some form of amalgamation between each other then its pretty much floundering in the water.
We, each of us im sure bring something unique and useful to the mix, wether it be an established local Team, a history if ww2 games or in my case 20 years of running a 700acre hillside site .
All it takes initially is two organisers to start the ball rolling and get a game on the planning table.
If its a success, the others would be very near sighted indeed in not wanting a piece of that pie.
One good thing to come out of the train wreck that was Albany is the amalgamation of two 101st Teams.
Mie and Johnnys amalgamated Teams debut game will be at your Winter game mate.
My point being, that if two previously unknown to each other Teams can form an'Alliance'for want of a better word then surely we as organisers can work something out?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/05/2014 9:24 am

HeadShot
(@headshot)
Illustrious Member

All it takes initially is two organisers to start the ball rolling and get a game on the planning table.

Thing is, this isn't a new idea at all, and has happened a number of times over the years.

The first in 2007 when CiA and Gunman collaborated on the first D-Day game.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/05/2014 9:29 am

(@davies3059)
Trusted Member

Thats understood and im not claiming this as a new idea or even my idea.
I for one arent looking for a clap on the back from this.
But to carry on just cancelling games arranged fruitlessly by individual organisers is pointless surely?
Something has to be tried even if its something that was tried and didn't work nearly a decade ago.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/05/2014 9:45 am

Page 1 / 2

Share: