Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Despite being put "at risk" at work, I'm at 6.4

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

Topic starter Posted : 15/06/2014 12:42 pm

(@davec_24)
Eminent Member

Somewhere around 6 or 7 at the moment, though the general trend is for the reading to increase on a daily basis. Definitely looking forward to this!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/06/2014 5:38 pm

(@morey)
Eminent Member

I'm on about 7-8 but that's because this is my second event and I'm staying over on the Friday so I also get the chance actually meet some of you lovely (though slightly insane) people this time and it's added to my excitement rating

Morey... Per Ardua...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/06/2014 6:25 pm

Russe11
(@russe11)
Honorable Member

Only reached 4.2 atm. This is because I have to split my excitement between this game and the SMLE that's on its way from Evike. If there was even the slimmest chance I would have the rifle before next weekend then I would probably have broken the scale :)
I also can't find a valid excuse to use my Aussie uniform (which looks damn good) as there were apparently approximately 13 members of the Australian army involved in the battle for Normandy and they were all officers. I guess I shall have to just wear it around the camp site :)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/06/2014 6:35 pm

Zero Bravo
(@zero-bravo)
Famed Member

A good 7.5, got my BAR today, happily applying walnut stock oil to the woodwork this evening :)

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/06/2014 6:38 pm

dadio
(@dadio)
Famed Member

Only reached 4.2 atm. This is because I have to split my excitement between this game and the SMLE that's on its way from Evike. If there was even the slimmest chance I would have the rifle before next weekend then I would probably have broken the scale :)
I also can't find a valid excuse to use my Aussie uniform (which looks damn good) as there were apparently approximately 13 members of the Australian army involved in the battle for Normandy and they were all officers. I guess I shall have to just wear it around the camp site :)

i'd relax about the smle it's going to take a few hour work and tinkering before it's usable , i had a similar experience waiting for a pair of jack boots , if i had tried to use them fresh on delivery they would have ripped my feet to pieces so i was lucky they were late in the end .
6.5 on the excitement ,done a bit of gunsmithing ,as usual i seem to be taking enough weapons for the 4th Reich.

armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/06/2014 7:02 pm

rabbitspacker
(@rabbitspacker)
Honorable Member

Im more excited about this than the World Cup. 9 :happyswing:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/06/2014 8:24 pm

dadio
(@dadio)
Famed Member

i'm afraid the world cup offers a negative on the scale of about minus 9 and i still have to watch it as the wife want's to see it :slap:

armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/06/2014 8:33 pm

MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

I sorted all my gear and camping equipment out at the weekend, just pondering whether to bother with bling for Friday night. More crap to pack vs a chance to dress up. Oooh, decisions.

It has been a very long time since my last WW2 game, so looking forward to this, just tempered a bit as I'm not looking forward to the drive and my wifes college has Ofsted in this week.

Call it 6.5 for now.

Cheers
Martin

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/06/2014 10:42 am

FUBAR
(@fubar)
Trusted Member

Heck I'm a 10. But I would say that wouldn't I? :happyswing:

FUBAR

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/06/2014 10:58 am

(@mattywheels)
Noble Member

Probably at about 6 - the weekend is still the best part of five days away and too much work to do before then! :x

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/06/2014 11:24 am

Allenby
(@allenby)
Noble Member

It has been a very long time since my last WW2 game, so looking forward to this, just tempered a bit as I'm not looking forward to the drive and my wifes college has Ofsted in this week.

As far as the drive is concerned, may I humbly suggest the humble audio book to while away the time?

Served me very well on trips to Fireball.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/06/2014 11:29 am

MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

may I humbly suggest the humble audio book

Radio 2 usually carries me on my way, but it is over 200 miles and the whole Motorways on a Friday night thing. Urgh. It'll be fine once I'm there.

Cheers
Martin

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/06/2014 6:38 pm

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

There'll be a warm beer awaiting you, Martin! :wink:

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/06/2014 6:56 pm

Dom_e
(@dom_e)
Estimable Member

Damned excited! (My excitometer is in old Imperial measurements running from 'Dashed nervous' through to 'Jolly well looking forward to it!')

Load of kit I am hoping is to arrive before I move house, hopefully will have that before the game :)

Custom airsoft guns and ready-made kits: http://vintageairsoft.wordpress.com

Buy kits here: http://etsy.com/uk/shop/VintageAirsoft? ... _shop_menu

You can also LIKE our page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thevintageairsofters

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/06/2014 5:10 pm

dadio
(@dadio)
Famed Member

excitement building nicely , the usual grief finding magazines ,battery's , speed loaders and charging battery's .so far i'll be bringing to the game ,a Thompson ,a Sten ,an MG42 ,a VZ ZB 26 ,a Kar98K ,an MP40 , A Flack 38 and an MP44 :shock: plus all the battery's ,gas and magazines to feed them ,i haven't even looked at kit and camping gear yet :cry: i'll be glad once i get there friday night and can just settle in .

armoury

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/06/2014 6:00 pm

Hänschen klein
(@hanschen-klein)
Famed Member

excitement building nicely , the usual grief finding magazines ,battery's , speed loaders and charging battery's .so far i'll be bringing to the game ,a Thompson ,a Sten ,an MG42 ,a VZ ZB 26 ,a Kar98K ,an MP40 , A Flack 38 and an MP44 :shock: plus all the battery's ,gas and magazines to feed them ,i haven't even looked at kit and camping gear yet :cry: i'll be glad once i get there friday night and can just settle in .

Don`t foregt the M4 mages for the Flak :D

Building nicely to a 6.5 an up

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/06/2014 7:08 pm

(@morey)
Eminent Member

My excitement is also building. The first time I'm using my own kit (apart from weapon). I'm sure you veterans remember how it felt to be using you own gear for the first time.

Morey... Per Ardua...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/06/2014 7:23 pm

FUBAR
(@fubar)
Trusted Member

My excitement is also building. The first time I'm using my own kit (apart from weapon). I'm sure you veterans remember how it felt to be using you own gear for the first time.

I'm on the same boat Morey and just got my webbing today and it fits! Can't quite figure out the Brit water bottle though!

FUBAR

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/06/2014 9:51 pm

Allenby
(@allenby)
Noble Member

I'd be an awful lot more excited if I could move my arm above my shoulder. :roll:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/06/2014 10:31 pm

Page 1 / 3

Share: