Notifications
Clear all

Catering

Page 1 / 2

Zero Bravo
(@zero-bravo)
Famed Member

First question, am I catering for any vegetarians? I'm not mocking, I'm providing the food and dont want anyone going hungry.

The menu is at lunchtime, German Lentil soup, followed by Corned Beef hash Rissol, a Bratwurst and Beans, and home made Bread Pudding for afters! Possibility of K rations, if you're very lucky

Would everyone please bring their own eating irons and suitable cups bowls and plates?
It's not eco friendly or financially viable to provide disposables for all. Also I dont want to do all your washing up although I'll arrange for hot soapy water, bring yer own dishcloths (or a bag to take it all home to the wife ;) )

Topic starter Posted : 06/10/2009 10:54 pm

Peppered
(@peppered)
Reputable Member

Hi,

Iam a vegetarian but eat eggs and cheese.

Ta

Peter Rabbit - Tank Killer
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawk914/2159973655/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/10/2009 8:35 am

Zero Bravo
(@zero-bravo)
Famed Member

Are vege burgers ok for ya? The lentil soup and bread pudding should be ok, although the bread pud does have suet in it. Pm me please if there's anything specific that you need.
Many thanks Jimbo

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/10/2009 7:24 pm

Peppered
(@peppered)
Reputable Member

MMM beef dripping.... : sick :

Thanks for the warning, I'll bring a few things and just eat whats available ta (vege burgers OK). Don't go to any trouble for me as the lentil soup is one of my favourites so I might fill up on that!

Peter Rabbit - Tank Killer
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawk914/2159973655/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/10/2009 7:46 am

(@bedsnherts)
Famed Member

The vegetable / lentil stew is technically Vegan - chock full o' fibre and nary an animal product in it. You'll all be farting like wizards on the way home but that's not our problem.
Vegan players will be required to wear a large orange cone-shaped hat with a "V" on it for the duration of the event. These will be supplied.

Hey, I don't make the rules - I just enforce them mercilessly :twisted:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/10/2009 8:27 am

cjw957
(@cjw957)
Famed Member

are we allowed to bring our own food as i am one of those sort of fussy eaters lol and as much as i like to immerse myself i dont think i could eat that lol and dont want to go hungry , can make it look plain and no fancy packing etc :)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/10/2009 9:37 am

(@bedsnherts)
Famed Member

are we allowed to bring our own food

NEIN ! Bringing your own food is VERBOTEN :rofl:

Of course you can. Bring whatever you like. You don't have to dress it up either - that's just for us anally retentive types :D

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/10/2009 10:10 am

Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

Is the lentil soup for anally retentive types? You know, help you loosen up a bit and get things moving.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/10/2009 10:12 am

(@bedsnherts)
Famed Member

Trust me David, when you see what we've got lined up for you, you won't need the lentil stew to loosen things up... :whistle:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/10/2009 10:16 am

webby
(@webby)
Famed Member

No offense to ZB's cooking, but I'll be bringing my own food, I'm on a very strict low salt diet, as my blood pressure levels are

dangerously high

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/10/2009 2:59 pm

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Noted, Webby - I'll only send you on light, fluffy missions. "Find the enemy daisy, pick it and bring it back to batallion HQ." :lol:

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/10/2009 5:21 pm

Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

And while you are picking flowers make sure you only pick unsalted buttercups. :wink:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/10/2009 5:28 pm

webby
(@webby)
Famed Member

hehe dont be soft, exercise is great for it, it's eating all of the high salt foods thats been my downfall.... whilst going through tescos and totting it up, I'd usually had well more than my RDA everyday by the time lunch time came, and dinner is where most salt is....so not good!

Anywho, lost enough weight from being on a "good" diet, that means I can fit into my dress A uniform without it pinching anywhere ;)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/10/2009 9:47 pm

Yith
(@yith)
Illustrious Member

Will there be anything available for breakfast or will we have to cook our own?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/10/2009 9:28 am

(@bedsnherts)
Famed Member

There will be pickled herring and sauerkraut for breakfast.

If that runs out Jimbo's making some bacon butties.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/10/2009 9:39 am

Yith
(@yith)
Illustrious Member

ooo good. :)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/10/2009 9:46 am

(@wladek)
Famed Member

:D

(the pickled herring was a joke right? I mean it sounds like a BedsnHarts joke but... :shock: )

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/10/2009 12:57 pm

Yith
(@yith)
Illustrious Member

Pickled Herring sounds great!

I'll be disappointed if there's none available!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/10/2009 1:02 pm

(@wladek)
Famed Member

:| :| :| :|

Now I don't know if Yith is joking? He would normally use the winky face if so...

Pickled? For breakfast? with my delicate morning stomach :shock:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/10/2009 1:43 pm

(@bedsnherts)
Famed Member

German humour is no laughing matter.

It's a joke. But I'll bring some pickled herring just for Yith.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/10/2009 2:02 pm

Page 1 / 2

Share: