Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] The Story begins...

(@gunman)
Noble Member

September 4th 1943

Its 1000hrs and the game is afoot! The officers of 2 Commando ‘Special Service brigade’ lead by Mjr Harvey have arrived at the rendezvous with 41 Commando and are setting up HQ. Captain Himmel of 2 Commando is meeting up with the recently dropped US airborne troops and leading them around the lines to hook up with HQ and get the mission to full strength. Once all units and men are accounted for and after a thorough brief by the Major, the search for Greenback will commence. You have all been chosen for your skills in the field and ability to deal in small units alone. Good luck sons of liberty, your countries await your great triumph and return home. For all of you, this mission will be a ticket home.

Out of game notes.

Any information found in the field will be vital to a successful mission and command can only make decisions based on what they are reported back. This means there will be many briefings and de-briefings during the game. All unit commanders will be issued with a radio pack. Unit commanders are NOT marshals but players who wish to take on the role so please give them respect for the role they are playing.

This scenario is also a covert one, so every effort must be made to hide away and not get spotted to early in the scenario. Once firing has commenced, any hope of completing the mission for the allies will slowly get further and further away. The Germans have been briefed to take a relaxed stand when patrolling and ignore guys making a real effort to be concealed, but if its blatant can be assed or they are open fired upon then the attention will be on the allies.

Guys, your story begins here. Make sure you read the secret missions GAME STATEMENT
viewtopic.php?f=202&t=15566

Heer Schmidt

Topic starter Posted : 08/08/2012 11:04 am
Universal Gunner
(@universal-gunner)
Reputable Member

So is the British contingent split into Army and RM Commando units?

I have a small skewer hidden in the collar of my jumping jacket, and a razorblade in my gaiter, as well as my knife.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/08/2012 4:10 pm
major malfunction
(@major-malfunction)
Estimable Member

i think there are just the 3 r.m commando units for the brits and 2 units of yank paras . no brit army units

The Devonshire regiment.
brighton based

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/08/2012 5:52 pm
(@gunman)
Noble Member

No army, just RMC Uni

Heer Schmidt

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/08/2012 7:24 am
Universal Gunner
(@universal-gunner)
Reputable Member

OK, it was just the mention of No 2 Commando as well as 41 RM.

I have a small skewer hidden in the collar of my jumping jacket, and a razorblade in my gaiter, as well as my knife.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/08/2012 10:58 am
(@gunman)
Noble Member

OK, it was just the mention of No 2 Commando as well as 41 RM.

Thats just the commander buddy

Heer Schmidt

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/08/2012 5:44 pm
Universal Gunner
(@universal-gunner)
Reputable Member

OK, cheers Josh, I was just looking not to totally rebadge the BD and reuse the cap badge I'd prepared for the aborted Operation Chariot.

Looking forward to it.

Charlie

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/08/2012 10:45 pm
Share: