Notifications
Clear all

Refreshments

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Jimbo, could you clarify / correct me on the refreshment situation over the w/e please.

As regards the airsofting, we will be carrying everything we need for the day, including food and drink, yes ?

There will be beer tentage Saturday night - what about Friday night ?

Am I correct in recalling that you said there would be breakfast available both Saturday and Sunday morning ?

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

Topic starter Posted : 30/08/2010 12:29 pm

Zero Bravo
(@zero-bravo)
Famed Member

Ok as far as I know the beer tent will turn up friday to set up, I'm not sure if they will be ready to serve Friday night, I'll try and find out for you. The lady doing the catering will also be setting up on friday, I'm seeing her this afternoon and will also find out if she'll have any grub available. I know she's planning on doing brealfasts on both Sat and Sun for those who dont want to lift a finger this weekend. I'm not sure of her prices yet but it wont be the rip off prices like some large events.

As for airsofting, take everything you will need to survive in the field, having had a cooked breakfast, and looking forward to a hog roast in the evening, :wink:
Take water with you of course although there will be the chance to top up at respawn points.

There may be the occasional "Dropped Supply" crate in the field with water and possibly rations in them as well.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2010 1:01 pm

(@thompy1993)
Estimable Member

Hi, erm sorry to but in. I'm confused on whether we are paying seperately for to food or is that included?

Man is too clever to survive without wisdom

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2010 3:28 pm

Zero Bravo
(@zero-bravo)
Famed Member

The food is all seperate mate, if you're short of funds or have specific diet needs you're welcome to cook for yourself. No restrictions on fires other than the usual sensible precautions. It is a stubble field you'll be camping in.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2010 3:42 pm

(@thompy1993)
Estimable Member

Righty ho, just so i can plan funds you see. I think the breakfast is a do, i'll see. Cheers Craig

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2010 4:03 pm

fremsley
(@fremsley)
Prominent Member

I'm bringing the old 24hr rat packs - there is a veg option in there so any veggies welcome to it for brekky. I'll also have the camper with a cooker so you're welcome to use that. for the day I'm going to use a hexy burner to brew up etc

I'm a hero with coward's legs.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2010 5:00 pm

Zero Bravo
(@zero-bravo)
Famed Member

I've had a chat with the "Land Girls" doing the catering.
Breakfast will be available both Saturday and Sunday from 07.00 - 09.00
Scrambled egg, chopped sausage, chopped bacon and a dollop of beans, served up in an "Indian Takeaway" type tin with a fork so you just have to shovel it in. Bread roll and tea or coffee for £3.50

Friday evening there will be burgers and jumbo sausage in a bun with trimmings for £2.50 for those in uniform

During the day there will be two types of chicken wrap, one fahita (spelling?) fried with peppers and tomatos or just chunks of chicken with salad in a tortilla wrap for £3.00 for those in uniform

Saturday evening the pig that will have been roasting all day will be ready to devour from 6pm.
French stick or big roll (still sourcing best value) Big dollop of roast pig, crackling and apple sauce for the measly sum of £4.00 per portion

Also availabe during the day will be Vegetable Pasta not just for veggies! I forgot to ask the price but it sounds delicious and will be served in generous portions.

For all the time the catering is open through the "Land Girls" free tea and coffee will be served to those in uniform!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2010 8:05 pm

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Wow! Amazing! :good:

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 30/08/2010 10:38 pm

Zero Bravo
(@zero-bravo)
Famed Member

They are keeping prices user friendly, generally prices 50p lower for those in uniform and period costume among the public, hopefully to encourage more participation next year!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2010 10:57 pm

Hänschen klein
(@hanschen-klein)
Famed Member

Jimbo you really have set the bench mark on this one. If this alone doesn`t encourage people to attend events like this they are fools :happydance:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/08/2010 5:27 pm

Zero Bravo
(@zero-bravo)
Famed Member

"If we build it, they will come..."

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/08/2010 10:45 pm

(@thompy1993)
Estimable Member

So are you planning to repeat this event next year then?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/09/2010 6:17 am

Zero Bravo
(@zero-bravo)
Famed Member

Not this scenario, but we will be hosting more events in the future.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/09/2010 6:31 am

Share: