Notifications
Clear all

Weather Forecast

Page 1 / 2

(@mattywheels)
Noble Member

10 days to go, looking like it'll be a cold one (well, it is the Russian front!). Greatcoats at the ready chaps! http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ ... ather.html

Topic starter Posted : 26/01/2012 11:25 am

CHThree
(@chthree)
Noble Member

Are 10 day weather forecasts ever to be trusted?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/01/2012 12:07 pm

(@mattywheels)
Noble Member

True, atleast it gives people an idea though...hopefully anyway :slap:

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/01/2012 1:33 pm

Boshman
(@boshman)
Noble Member

This sounds like the Met Office are saying "We don't have a clue".

Business as usual for the Met office then! :roll:

“I wanted to come to the Volga at a specific location at a specific city. By chance it carries the name of Stalin himself. So don’t think I marched there for this reason – it could carry another name – but because there is a very important goal... this goal I wanted to take – and you know – we are very modest, we have it already."
Adolf Hitler, November 1942

"Comrades, Red Army men, commanders and political workers, men and women guerrillas! It is on your perseverance, staunchness, fighting skill and readiness to discharge your duty to the country that the defeat of the German-fascist army and the liberation of the Soviet land from the Hitlerite invaders depend! We can and must clear the Soviet land of Hitlerite vermin."
Joseph Stalin, November 1942

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/01/2012 4:45 pm

Zero Bravo
(@zero-bravo)
Famed Member

Snow would be great though :twisted:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/01/2012 8:57 pm

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Whatever, I would advise bringing gloves and scarves - even if dry, the wind chill will get into your bones.

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/01/2012 11:24 pm

Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

Yes, I shall be wearing thermal underwear, wool uniform, wool greatcoat with a miscellany of toque/scarf/gloves (as conditions dictate) - I'd much rather sweat cobs than freeze.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/01/2012 11:41 pm

Forester
(@forester)
Noble Member

Yes, I shall be wearing thermal underwear, wool uniform, wool greatcoat with a miscellany of toque/scarf/gloves (as conditions dictate) - I'd much rather sweat cobs than freeze.

:roll:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/01/2012 11:50 pm

MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

Snow would be great though

Not on the M25 on a Friday night.

I shall be wearing my usual winter gear of thermals, wool shirt and British Army padded waistcoat underneath that shiveringly thin Soviet cotton uniform. Greatcoat for standing around in the evening.

Cheers
Martin

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/01/2012 1:01 pm

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

:roll:

:rofl:

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/01/2012 10:26 pm

Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

I'll have the last laugh, you wait and see. :raspberry:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/01/2012 11:35 pm

Forester
(@forester)
Noble Member

I'll have the last laugh, you wait and see. :raspberry:

If you can move with that lot on................. :giggle:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/01/2012 12:27 am

Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

Meh, that's what everyone fought in (when they could) back in the day... and I've lost well over a stone since I last saw you so I could probably wear two wool uniforms under the greatcoat and still be able to move! :P

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/01/2012 8:55 am

Hänschen klein
(@hanschen-klein)
Famed Member

Might give Friday night a miss if this keeps up Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Defo for Saturday come what may :happydance:-- attachment is not available --

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/01/2012 12:04 pm

(@lardassmonkey)
Famed Member

As long as it doesn't rain I don't mind the cold. I'll be in wools so the cold shouldn't be an issue, except for maybe my ears as my donald duck doesn't cover them. I'll be wearing a nice weighty maxim belt to help me warm up too. :rofl:

A light scenic dusting of snow would be nice Saturday morning but I'd rather not have too much to interfer with travelling.

Martin why don't you just wear the greatcoat in game? You can't beat the classic greatcoat winter look in my opinion.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/01/2012 12:28 pm

dadio
(@dadio)
Famed Member

cold dont bother me i may wear a sweater under the uniform untill we get moveing ,the red cap game of gunmans was -9c and i still broke a sweat.

armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/01/2012 9:42 pm

MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

Martin why don't you just wear the greatcoat in game?

Its a British one so it wouldn't be right really. I've played in the freezing cold in my Russian cottons before, its fine. It was a tad chilly at Fist of Dust in December, but I got too hot :)

Anyway, cold and clear looks good, perfect Airsofting weather.

Cheers
Martin

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/01/2012 8:46 pm

(@lardassmonkey)
Famed Member

Ah, ok. I do have a spare Shinel but itsa 50-3 which I think it may be a little small for you?

Looks like it is definitely going to be a cold one with rumours of snow in Kent.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/02/2012 11:28 am

Zero Bravo
(@zero-bravo)
Famed Member

Just think the photos will look fantastic if there's a light cover of snow on the ground. The area that we will be skirmishing in lends itself to a snowy background very well.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/02/2012 11:37 am

(@lardassmonkey)
Famed Member

A centimeter or two on Friday was what I heard which would be nice, although the met office now doesn't agree and say its potentially getting warmer over the weekend to a balmy 8 degrees on Sunday.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/02/2012 11:42 am

Page 1 / 2

Share: