Notifications
Clear all

Things to remember!

(@mattywheels)
Noble Member

The day is imminently upon us, so just a few FAQ's to consider before you set out!

1: The site:
UCAP Airsoft Portsmouth.
The service road you need is here: https://goo.gl/maps/yqxYaxqLVrw and looks like this:
-- attachment is not available --

It can be a pig to find but follow the map and check the image and you'll be fine!

2: Food and drink:
We will have a hot water Urn going all day as well as providing some tea and coffee. No food on site so make sure you bring your own with you.

3: Timings:
Friday night: Please do not arrive before 16:00 as we have some work to do to get the site setup. TIME AMENDED - you won't be allowed in the site, just the safe zone.
Saturday AM: Please aim to be onsite by 09:00. Briefing will be at 09:30; game on at 10:00
Saturday PM: Day is likely to finish around 16:00

4: What to bring:
You!
Your weapon, kit and most importantly Eye protection
A period torch - No modern torches please
A positive attitude :D

If you can please take away all rubbish that you generate with you please; we do not want to spend Saturday night cleaning up everyones crap! Please respect the site so we will have the opportunity to use it again in the future :good:-- attachment is not available --

Topic starter Posted : 01/12/2016 10:34 am

MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

Do you have any contact numbers if things go wrong? It is a long way from Sheffield to Portsmouth on a Friday night, and it must be nine years since Iast went anywhere near the old Victorian forts.

Cheers
Martin

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/12/2016 1:12 pm

(@mattywheels)
Noble Member

Do you have any contact numbers if things go wrong? It is a long way from Sheffield to Portsmouth on a Friday night, and it must be nine years since Iast went anywhere near the old Victorian forts.

Cheers
Martin

Yes that would be sensible! I can be contacted on 07962 368 366, though if we're underground contact will be limited - I'll return to the surface intermittently to check messages :good:

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/12/2016 1:19 pm

MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

Thanks. One very last stupid question, I presume we are able sleep in the tunnels and don't need to bring tents? Or is a tent a good idea just in case (like when I slept at the opposite end of Eversley to avoid the thunderous snoring).

Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/12/2016 1:57 pm

Zero Bravo
(@zero-bravo)
Famed Member

No you're alright I'm not staying over lol, the tunnels will be safe :rofl:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/12/2016 2:03 pm

(@mattywheels)
Noble Member

Yep, we'll be in the tunnels safe zone so no need for tents.

Apparently its a fairly consistent 10/12 degrees down there so a lot more comfortable than being on the surface!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/12/2016 2:05 pm

dadio
(@dadio)
Famed Member

Its going to be in the tunnels for sleeping or not if the snoring is bad , i didn't see anywhere to pitch a tent outside , maybe sleeping in my car if its too noisy .

armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/12/2016 2:07 pm

(@stumpy0903)
Trusted Member

Matty/Gav
Is that track entrance going to be signposted at all? Or are there any noticable nearby landmarks?
Cheers
Stumpy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/12/2016 2:12 pm

Zero Bravo
(@zero-bravo)
Famed Member

Stumpy I'll put a pole up with three red cyalumes on it for those arriving on Friday evening and if it arrives tomorrow a Russian flag for the early Saturday arrivals.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/12/2016 2:23 pm

MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

I think basically if you pass Fort Southwick (from the west) you've gone too far, and if you get to Fort Nelson (from the east) you've also gone too far. iirc the forts are pretty huge, the access road is just to the west of the Fort Southwick on the south side.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/12/2016 2:45 pm

(@stumpy0903)
Trusted Member

Cheers guys
Ill be looking out for the fort and a russian flag then :good:
Should be easy enough to find but after a long week and an early start ill probably still be half asleep!!
See you all Saturday morning :happyclap:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/12/2016 3:17 pm

Zero Bravo
(@zero-bravo)
Famed Member

Don't forget the flag / entrance is on the other side of the road to the fort!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/12/2016 4:44 pm

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Arrival time amended, to aid those travelling from far away. You won't be permitted in the tunnels until game on Saturday. Please stay in the safe zone - no spoilers! :wink:

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/12/2016 12:18 pm

Share: