Notifications
Clear all

Good Show

Page 1 / 2

(@bedsnherts)
Famed Member

Another top notch CiA game. Good planning, good scenario, good gameplay and fortunately some good weather. Well done everyone. :good:

Topic starter Posted : 03/04/2011 6:58 am

Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

Heh, another challenging CiA event - well, we do like to test you mentally and physically! Well done to all for the stirling effort, working 'til you dropped - literally!

For those of you in the Home Guard I've dropped you a short note (and those not in the Home Guard might be interested in what we got up to)
viewforum.php?f=171

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/04/2011 11:57 am

marsha
(@marsha)
Noble Member

had a wonderful game knackered after crossing the stream so many times climbing barb wire going up and down the hills
although I'm now in alot pain still i really enjoyed it well worth it

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/04/2011 12:25 pm

Hänschen klein
(@hanschen-klein)
Famed Member

Thanks for the good game very challenging. Met some good people and hope to see some of you soon. Special thanks to the Big man upstairs for the weather :good:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/04/2011 12:33 pm

(@bedsnherts)
Famed Member

It was also good to have a bunch of new players on this caper and extra good that they were such top-notch chaps. Special mention to Johnny and Gary from the Signals. I'd have liked to share a beer with you on Saturday evening but family obligations beckoned :roll:

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 03/04/2011 12:37 pm

Yith
(@yith)
Illustrious Member

An absolutely brilliant event. Well done to all concerned. I can't really say much more than that. I was almost totally immersed all through the day!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/04/2011 4:22 pm

Oligoscenic
(@oligoscenic)
Estimable Member

An absolutely brilliant event. Well done to all concerned. I can't really say much more than that. I was almost totally immersed all through the day!

I concur with this! :good: :D

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/04/2011 4:37 pm

Sgt.Heide
(@sgt-heide)
Illustrious Member

Well done to all who came along, I'm so glad the weather held for us and people enjoyed themselves, you make it all worthwhile for us. Lots of great moments, I never expected to have to escape and evade on "home ground"!

Medal ribbon, anyone? :whistle:

When I want your opinion - I'll tell you what it is!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/04/2011 5:48 pm

(@bedsnherts)
Famed Member

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 03/04/2011 6:35 pm

(@old-un)
Illustrious Member

Thanks to all for coming and getting stuck in .As ever some nice dodgy dealings , with both sides swapping uniforms in ruse de guerre. When all the Germans had finally captured the old farm buildings none of us could understand why Hess was not there. For about 3 1/2 minutes at least .

In the end Hess escaped from the dastardly Brits, and was liberated by the FJ, who managed also to outwit the SS . The Deputy Fuhrer however, had given his British captors some evidence of Germany's planned invasion of Russia , and so is now awaiting his fate in Spandau Prison .

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/04/2011 7:11 pm

Dumas9999
(@dumas9999)
Eminent Member

Such a cracking event! :happydance: Really enjoyed. Looking forward for next one!

AR

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/04/2011 7:19 pm

(@mattywheels)
Noble Member

Great weekend, knackering but really enjoyed myself. Thanks to the organisers for all their hard work in getting this put together, a first CIA event for me & met some great folks. Looking forward to the next one! Matt

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/04/2011 7:37 pm

(@wladek)
Famed Member

Cracking weekend, never dragged, never felt like tedious shooting for no reason, never felt 'out of character'. Top show my good fellows, loved it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/04/2011 7:39 pm

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Argh! Doubly jealous. I'll be at the next one, though! :twisted:

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/04/2011 7:40 pm

Sgt.Heide
(@sgt-heide)
Illustrious Member

Argh! Doubly jealous. I'll be at the next one, though! :twisted:

:rofl: I'm missing two, as noone made them for Border Clash or Nijmegen! Andy, you were missed mate.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/04/2011 7:42 pm

(@pvtjohnny)
Reputable Member

Top weekend once more! Huge thanks to all the cia crew who painstakingly put this together! Most excellent. Mention to headshot for his fantastic portrail of hauptman hess! I will forever be on my gaurd of germans grabbing my tool handle! :oops: to Pete and Stu for some great adventures through the valleys! There were a few chin strapped tommies I can tell u! I hold no resentment towards Pete for putting me on the wire duty on to have me pull it all in again! My feet are blistered, arms raked by brambles, finger tingling from the shock I took from the phone terminals and my back aches from carrying the HG (joke!)! Great weekend all round! Looking forward to seeing the film! Beds'n'herts... Next one we'll have a few mate! Can't wait for the next one (I think! Scouting!?hmmm)! :D

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/04/2011 7:47 pm

Sgt.Heide
(@sgt-heide)
Illustrious Member

I hold no resentment towards Pete for putting me on the wire duty on to have me pull it all in again!

:oops: Sorry about that! Just as you got it all untangled and lugged the kit down to the checkpoints, I received reports of a German aircrash and was given new orders. Look on it as a learning curve! :giggle:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/04/2011 7:52 pm

MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

Great fun and really good to meet some new people. Game worked really well in recreating being hot, thirsty, knackered and dreading having to climb yet another hill or cross another river :)

Many thanks to Guy for his inspired leadership, as we ended up dong the right thing even though we were doing the wrong thing, sort of...

It was such fun blowing up the British camp and rescuing Hess, although he proved to be a bit of slippery customer.

Cheers
Martin

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/04/2011 7:53 pm

Kermit
(@kermit)
Famed Member

Well, my hamstrings are still hurting and Kermit's "curse of the motorways" afflicted me yet again on the way back (how can i drive the same motorway in less than 36 hrs and get caught by the road being closed twice?!?!) but I have to say that I enjoyed it. Kudos to the Germans for working fantastically well in their sections (and putting up with the hills and multiple crossings of that damn stream and god knows how many barbed wire fences!). Top moment of the day for me was getting stuck on the wrong side of a hedgerow along with Hänschen klein, and then wasting Pete's section as they attempted to grenade us out of our positions. Short, nasty skirmishes - just as I like it!

Thanks to all that took part!

When we were a Kingdom it was run by a King
When we were an Empire it was run by an Empress
Now we're a country we're run by a..........

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/04/2011 8:47 pm

rifleman6925
(@rifleman6925)
Prominent Member

As mentioned by most, thanks once again to the CIA organisers for an enjoyable weekend. Special thanks go to John for allowing me to hitch a ride, Gary for the entertainment and the Nottinghamshire lads for a right good giggle, thanks, Tony.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/04/2011 8:56 pm

Page 1 / 2

Share: