Clear all

Excitement Thread...

Page 1 / 3

HeadShot
(@headshot)
Illustrious Member

What no excitement?

Anyone excited?

As usual, I'm in the lower bracket at around a 4.

Topic starter Posted : 29/03/2011 10:45 am

(@wladek)
Famed Member

yeah.

Not much work needed = high, 7/8 at least

though still working out the logistics of getting everyone equipped and there = a slight drop, and the rain = down a tad more. So probably about a 5/6.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/03/2011 11:26 am

Yith
(@yith)
Illustrious Member

Yeah I'm up in the 7/8 region myself...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/03/2011 11:36 am

(@mattywheels)
Noble Member

I'm around the 7/8 region too, my first WWII airsoft event so i'm very much looking forward to the weekend! :good:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/03/2011 11:45 am

(@pvtjohnny)
Reputable Member

Starting to get the buzz! Prob about a 6. Don't let the rain dampen your excitement, if its anything like devils hill it'll add loadsa atmosphere and authenticity! But the wind might prove an issue! Man, I love ww2 airsoft! :happyclap:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/03/2011 12:07 pm

MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

it'll add loadsa atmosphere

As long as I don't get any more toenails falling out afterwards :)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it. Most stuff is sorted and packed, I did actually try out the new tent last night, but I might bring the old one as well just in case.... I'm a bit jealous of the Brits having so much fun with their HG uniforms, well, British is next on my loadout list. I can at least be proud that the FJ will be a small elite leading the way amongst the dull field grey mass of SS troops. Even if our helmets are utterly rubbish.

Just need to charge some batteries and put a few more bits of grub in my bag. Then job done.

Cheers
Martin

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/03/2011 1:39 pm

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Zero... I ain't gonna be there. :(

Have a great time, chaps. :good:

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/03/2011 3:58 pm

JD7
 JD7
(@jd7)
Illustrious Member

Zero... I ain't gonna be there. :(

Me neither Andy. Guess that means we're on 'forum watch'?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/03/2011 5:00 pm

Sgt.Heide
(@sgt-heide)
Illustrious Member

Getting there, slowly but surely. At about 4 now, as I'm at work until thursday but, I have friday off, so the excitement will rise from then.

When I want your opinion - I'll tell you what it is!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/03/2011 5:01 pm

(@pvtjohnny)
Reputable Member

Isn't it funny how the excitement thread builds your excitement!! However, just 1 thing concerning me. I got my hands on a 2 man "period" tent but have no idea if it's been treated!? How would I know? Would it have a waxy feel? May have to go modern!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/03/2011 5:28 pm

Sgt.Heide
(@sgt-heide)
Illustrious Member

For this event, if in doubt, use a modern tent. Why not pitch the "period" tent somewhere in the field, so you can check after the event whether it leaked, or not?

When I want your opinion - I'll tell you what it is!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/03/2011 5:30 pm

(@old-un)
Illustrious Member

:happyclap:

but then I know what's in store :whistle:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/03/2011 5:33 pm

Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

Well, I'm really looking forward to this one. I'm not sure of where on a scale I'd put it but I'm definitely tumescent, so that has to be a good sign. :whistle:

Can't be arsed with a tent for this one so it's a bed in the back of the car for me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/03/2011 6:21 pm

rifleman6925
(@rifleman6925)
Prominent Member

Hmmm, excited at the prospect of slotting a few Brits :happydance: just not the long bloody journey lol :cry:, car sharing with pvtjohnny on this one is a bonus :happyclap: 7/10 at the mo

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/03/2011 7:11 pm

Hänschen klein
(@hanschen-klein)
Famed Member

Yep just packed the MP40 all AOK 7.5 :happyclap: and building

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/03/2011 7:51 pm

Joseph Porta
(@joseph-porta)
Famed Member

hope all you chaps have a good one for this,

i was planning a last minuite attendance, but ive an operation on monday, and as its being done by a private consultant and im paying cash , i cant risk ANY kind of injury or delay, or i wont get a refund :(

i was going to come and risk it, but the :wife: talked some sense in to me today. :?

SO, hope you all have a blast :good:

"Take that you rotton helping of strawberry flan!"
Joseph Porta to "strawberrys and cream", in the sven hassel book ,ogpu prison

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/03/2011 9:46 pm

Joker
(@joker)
Noble Member

Excitement - 7+
Wishing I'd prep'd more of my kit earlier - Big fat 10 ! :roll: :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Terms & Conditions of Sales :
Payment by Paypal only > Cleared funds must be available when deal is agreed - no e-Cheques.
Possible Swaps/Parts-Exs (with regular forum members only) -
* British BD Trousers & Blouse, to fit 48"-50" chest, 40"+ waist, tall fitting/long leg
* British Gaiters/Anklets, not blanco'd, largest size available

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/03/2011 2:20 am

Yith
(@yith)
Illustrious Member

Isn't it funny how the excitement thread builds your excitement!! However, just 1 thing concerning me. I got my hands on a 2 man "period" tent but have no idea if it's been treated!? How would I know? Would it have a waxy feel? May have to go modern!

If it's a proper canvas period tent then it shouldn't really be treated. Just make sure you don't touch the inside if the outside is wet...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/03/2011 8:19 am

(@lardassmonkey)
Famed Member

Probably at about a 7 since I still need to pack and rebuild my springer k98. Doing that tonight though. I plan to use my tanaka but if its too windy there is no point. I'm travelling light as I'll be heading down to Malvern with my folks Friday night for the grandparent's wedding anniversery. Means I'll be down Saturday morning and will probably just kip in the Saturday night

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/03/2011 10:28 am

(@bedsnherts)
Famed Member

Ongoing work shenanigans means that I prolly won't be able to stay over Friday or Saturday night, which has diminished my excitement to a 6 as I'm not looking forward to all that driving :(

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/03/2011 11:40 am

Page 1 / 3

Share: