Slings and things.....

Notifications
Clear all

Slings and things....

JimmieG
(@jimmieg)
Eminent Member

I bet you could fit an M1 carbine sling on your M1A1 as it's quite narrow. It was used for the M3/M3A1 so I bet someone used it for the Thompson. :)

As for the leather you could use the same stuff that's used for saddles (brain-blockage on the exact name!) and the like; pretty high quality and not too expensive. Or you could try Mink Oil
as it's a pretty commonly used product for leather care.

Topic starter Posted : 19/01/2014 2:26 pm
 Yith
(@yith)
Illustrious Member

Nah, don't put a Carbine sling on it.

It can be awkward putting the kerr sling on a tommy gun. The metal bits will go through if you wiggle them a bit.

Also try clipping the sling onto the hooks and then feeding the metal through, unclipping once it's through. Sort of like one of those metal nail puzzles you get in crackers. :)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/01/2014 1:55 pm
Tarnish
(@tarnish)
Estimable Member

I've got two leather slings the oldest on my deac M1 rifle I've had for over ten years and bar putting some dark boot polish in it when I first had it I've paid it no further attention. Still seems fine to me.

Sent from my ST15i using Tapatalk 2

-Marc-

4th Wilts LHG

WW2 armoury: WA M1911A1 SCW, TM M1A1 TSMG, AGM STEN Mk2, AGM MP40, S&S M1 Garand.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/02/2014 9:35 pm
CHThree
(@chthree)
Noble Member

If your sling gets absolutely soaked then treating it with any leather preserving cream will help stop it from getting too stiff and dry over time. Best product I have found is stubben harmmanol.

http://stubbenuk.co.uk/accessoriespageaccsoap.htm

Edit - Olive oil works too, I am told.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/02/2014 9:45 pm
Share: