Notifications
Clear all

MG15/17

Page 2 / 2

dave barrett
(@dave-barrett)
Prominent Member

Dave, I included a spare Type 3 gearbox with upgraded inner parts when I sold you the MG42.

Have you used that for something else?

No mate..i now plan on using it ...its all coming together thanks for all your help..will post pics tomoz night.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 13/03/2011 9:40 pm
Flippy
(@flippy)
Eminent Member

Hi there!

I thik I should steal this topic...

Me interested in MG-15 too... So I searched /google for photos... I found many

Including a nice plan (stormtrooper heavy blaster):

Definetly I would make this one:

Sights are bit funny :D (planned for air/anti-air combat), but easy to make, and effective too...

That water cooled one is as ugly as hell (henece it has much usable sights), and maybe the trommelmagazine is better if using manual high cap or electric feed.

I know my limitations (I made M14, AKM, SV98 woodsets, some fiber glass M14 stocks, including bullpup), so there is no way for me to make it from steel or aluminium (if I want to do it at home). In addition it would be nearly 10 kgs...
The only possibility is make it from PVC (I started to like that stuff while making fake magazine for the SV98).

Printed out and guled together the blueprints.

It will be huge (1,3 meter without the buttsock).
I bought the PVC barrels (6cm diameter PVC tube for the body, 4cm for the ventillated heat shield, and 2 cm for the outer barrel).
Because the grip is at the end of the gun, it could have about 1,2 meter inner barrel... (rofl)
It would be totally useless, so I put just my Marui AK47 internals in. To fix them I incorporate an old CYMA AK body into the 6cm tube (my friend supports the project :D ).

"Airsoft... you know... like paintball, but for real men"
Flippy alias Murdoc

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2013 10:34 am
(@shiftysgarand)
Trusted Member

I would suggest using a P90 hopup, as it feeds from the top. It should fit an AK Gearbox with some modifications.
Good luck!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/08/2013 3:43 pm
Flippy
(@flippy)
Eminent Member

Hop and gearbox will be a least 30 cms behind the mag... Long BB-feeding tube needed, so I stick to AK hop (no benefit, but have bad experience combinating my Marui box with other chabers even I change the nozzle).

First part finished (outer barrel)

Flippy alias Murdoc

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/08/2013 11:01 am
Flippy
(@flippy)
Eminent Member

The full gun body rough finished... so I'll make the details (the nex thougest job will be the trommelmagazin...).

Flippy alias Murdoc

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/08/2013 5:22 pm
JimmieG
(@jimmieg)
Eminent Member

Looking great so far!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/08/2013 7:15 pm
dadio
(@dadio)
Famed Member

good stuff, how are you going to do the slotted holes in the barrel shroud ?

armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2013 4:56 am
Flippy
(@flippy)
Eminent Member

I directly want to respond how I make it... but sadly the pattern I printed out is totally wrong... wrong length, wrong width (the ventilation holes are too small too, but it can be justifyed by static reasons). So I have to resize and reprint... before this I make the elese details.

Flippy alias Murdoc

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2013 10:43 am
Flippy
(@flippy)
Eminent Member

Template guled on, and some details finished (around the shell extractor hole, and the safety ring):

Flippy alias Murdoc

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/08/2013 5:42 pm
Flippy
(@flippy)
Eminent Member

Barrel coat finished...

Next will be the sights...

Flippy alias Murdoc

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/09/2013 11:01 am
JimmieG
(@jimmieg)
Eminent Member

Looks great! Keep it up, mate.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/09/2013 2:38 pm
dadio
(@dadio)
Famed Member

coming along nicely .

armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/09/2013 4:40 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: