Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Old 'Uns (and others) guide to cheap period looking vehicles  

Page 2 / 2

(@old-un)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Well to answer that , the Sumb ( Claude) has been treated to a new paint job inside and out, and fixing of all the lil annoying things..... well most of them . 300 miles up since purchase it's running like a Swiss clock , and was comfortable cruising at 50mph to the Volturno event .

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

That's great news! I told you the engine was well sorted! Great colour scheme too!!Glad it's getti g used !!

ReplyQuote
(@old-un)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

That's great news! I told you the engine was well sorted! Great colour scheme too!!Glad it's getti g used !!

Yep the engine is a flyer , the good work James et all put into it shines through . :good:

ReplyQuote
Boshman
(@boshman)
Noble Member

So why Claude? In my book vehicles should always have a womens name as like women, we love em but they can be a right P.I.T.A sometimes! :wink: Going by the numberplate, Kas or Kassie would be the obvious choice, n'est-ce pas?

I've called my Krad Greta, as in; if you are not careful, you might re-gret-a riding her! :giggle:

“I wanted to come to the Volga at a specific location at a specific city. By chance it carries the name of Stalin himself. So don’t think I marched there for this reason – it could carry another name – but because there is a very important goal... this goal I wanted to take – and you know – we are very modest, we have it already."
Adolf Hitler, November 1942

"Comrades, Red Army men, commanders and political workers, men and women guerrillas! It is on your perseverance, staunchness, fighting skill and readiness to discharge your duty to the country that the defeat of the German-fascist army and the liberation of the Soviet land from the Hitlerite invaders depend! We can and must clear the Soviet land of Hitlerite vermin."
Joseph Stalin, November 1942

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

It is ex French army

ReplyQuote
Boshman
(@boshman)
Noble Member

It is ex French army

Oui, but it should still have a girls name! :wink:

“I wanted to come to the Volga at a specific location at a specific city. By chance it carries the name of Stalin himself. So don’t think I marched there for this reason – it could carry another name – but because there is a very important goal... this goal I wanted to take – and you know – we are very modest, we have it already."
Adolf Hitler, November 1942

"Comrades, Red Army men, commanders and political workers, men and women guerrillas! It is on your perseverance, staunchness, fighting skill and readiness to discharge your duty to the country that the defeat of the German-fascist army and the liberation of the Soviet land from the Hitlerite invaders depend! We can and must clear the Soviet land of Hitlerite vermin."
Joseph Stalin, November 1942

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

There's were us aircraft named after male heroes as well as women so no reason why not :good:
Oldun, we had the SUMB for over 2 years and between us did a fair bit to the engine etc, did you get the new wipers working ok?

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I think an Austrian fraulines name would be good too :lol:

ReplyQuote
HeadShot
(@headshot)
Illustrious Member

Mme Claudette?

ReplyQuote
(@old-un)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

It is a matter of great importance to name all vehicles in the Old 'un bunker ......sometimes the number plate inspires ...sometimes it's just the look . Claude was just gut feel ...something so ugly shouldn't be feminine, and try to imagine it with a big ewaxed moustache over the bonnet :rofl:
.... aussi en Francais c'est le camionette, pas , la camionette. D'accord?

Wipers work ....no they don't ...yes they do ......er.... at the moment . Got the horn working too, and the lights ...twas not a blown bulb....oh no..... if only . Mostly the electrics are good , some of the switchgear is ropey and has required replacing refurbing . It's the cruise control on A roads I like the best .

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Ha ha! Yep the cruise control rocks! :lol:
Glad it's getting all sorted! Look forward to seeing Claude at a game,,,,,, gunman Anzio in 3 weeks? Free if you bring a vehicle :wink: :good:

ReplyQuote
dieselmonkey
(@dieselmonkey)
Noble Member

Did it come with the floor mounted rifle holder, Guy?

If not, i've still got the one from my old SUMB knocking around, somewhere.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

It has the rifle box behind the seats but no vertical gun mounts

ReplyQuote
Aitch
(@aitch)
Trusted Member

James and I reckoned that it was for the baguettes and cheese not for a rifle.... (though the wine cellars all the way at the back of the bed... Bizarre :rofl: )

ReplyQuote
dieselmonkey
(@dieselmonkey)
Noble Member

Mine had floor mounted vertical metal bracket (to hold either a MAS or a FAMAS, i assume).

It came painted with Foreign Legion markings, and a load of live 5.56 rounds under the seat. :lol:

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: