WIP: Propagandakomp...

Notifications
Clear all

WIP: Propagandakompanie Kriegsbericther

Huxy
(@huxy)

Post by huxy on Feb 27, 2014 at 8:17pm
Hi all

I am currently building a Propagandakompanie uniform, and I chose to have a separate thread for this project as it will become rather picture heavy, and I'd like to aquire information from the several knowledgeable members on these boards.

I always dreamed of having such a uniform. Propably for 14-15 years. I'm 22 now. I always had a thing for cameras, and am now a photographer by proffesion. Even though I use digital cameras at work, nothing beats film!

The uniform will be an early war one, but should work from 1940-1945. It's a Heer with Propagandakompanie cuff title sown on the left arm (as several photographs shows, this varied a lot from either the left or the right arm). It will have signal yellow piping on the shoulderboards, as my research shows several men from the Propagandakompanie used troughout the war. The 1943 change to the light grey piping seemed to mostly happen to officers and not enlisted men. For litzen (collar tabs), I'm going for the generic late war type for time being, as I have that available and currently am not too sure what was used around 1940-1941. Any input here would be nice.

But what is a kriegsberichter without a camera!?
Three years ago I introduced myself profesionaly to the world of analogue photography using film. This all began with a gorgeous Altix V from the fifties. It was great fun, I learned a lot about processing black and white film at home and it was generally just very, very entertaining. I put different kinds of film in different kinds of cameras, learning more and more. Maybe it was time to get the camera I really, really wanted? It's the legendary Leica III. Which often was nicknamed the Leica Wehrmacht for reasons. And I got it. A 1939 made Leica IIIa in a most gorgeous condition. This was roughly two years ago, and in that time I've used the camera for everything. It beats the hell out of my 4000$ DSLR I use at work. It's really just the best camera I've used! If I put B&W film and process it myself, the pictures comes out pretty cool and vintage. If I put color film in it and have it processed at a lab, my pictures comes out clearer than the mentioned DSLR! I love it. And it's perfect for period re-enactment.

Examples WW2 photos taken with the Leica IIIa:

I also take photos of the other WW2-guys for them to use in their soldier's ID book or similar - at no cost, of course!

And here's the uniform, and some shots from the last WW2 game I attended:

Hope you do find this interesting. I do believe it will be the most extensive Propagandakompanie/Kriegsberichter kit there is in modern WW2 re-enactment!

Watch this space fore more

Topic starter Posted : 01/06/2014 2:50 pm
cjw957
(@cjw957)
Famed Member

love it , :)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2014 4:03 pm
(@bigkie)
Prominent Member

Ace look mate, and the photos are tops too, look forward to seeing more

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2014 4:50 pm
Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Hello and welcome. Of course, we like nothing better than to be captured on film! And nothing takes a picture the same as a vintage camera.

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2014 5:05 pm
 Huxy
(@huxy)

Thanks guys! Warms my heart.

I'll be sure to give you more as soon as I got more...! :)

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/06/2014 5:58 pm
Poacher
(@poacher)
Noble Member

You are not alone in choosing a PK/KB impression. There are several guys in the UK doing it.
Your uniform and litzen are fine for 1940 onwards I think, though I would change the eagle for a bevo version. Much more usual on an issue tunic.

aka Stigroadie

AFRA
better by design

"Truth is a shining goddess, always veiled, always distant, never wholly approachable, but worthy of all the devotion of which the human spirit is capable. "

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/06/2014 12:53 pm
 Huxy
(@huxy)

You are not alone in choosing a PK/KB impression. There are several guys in the UK doing it.

Never said I was.

Your uniform and litzen are fine for 1940 onwards I think, though I would change the eagle for a bevo version. Much more usual on an issue tunic.

Litzen are latewar, don't see how they are fine for 1940. I'll look into the BEVO, thanks.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 09/06/2014 9:51 pm
Poacher
(@poacher)
Noble Member

The litzen look to me like the grey on grey version?
If that is so then they were first issued in May 1940 (HV 40 314). They were used to the end of the war.
A grey on field grey bevo eagle would be fitting too, they were June 1940, all ties in nicely with your M40 patten tunic.
Just for info;
The change from waffenfarbe stripes in litzen to the all green started in November 1938 (HV 38b 452), all green were relatively short lived but came when the expansion of the army was in full swing.

aka Stigroadie

AFRA
better by design

"Truth is a shining goddess, always veiled, always distant, never wholly approachable, but worthy of all the devotion of which the human spirit is capable. "

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2014 5:17 am
MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

I hadn't realised the Litzen and eagles changed so early. Thanks.

Cheers
Martin

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2014 8:03 am
McVickers
(@mcvickers)
Famed Member

Nice kit! Thanks for sharing

A Proud Member Of 'Team Spleen!' who play mainly at Gunman Airsoft, Tuddenham, Suffolk.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/06/2014 10:42 pm
Share: