Notifications
Clear all

Latest Acquisitions

Page 388 / 407

CHThree
(@chthree)
Noble Member

Monty? When they said we would have a special visior, I was hoping for Anne Shelton.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/07/2014 8:58 pm
McVickers
(@mcvickers)
Famed Member

From Kettering Carboot Sale this morning (straight from The Silencing of Merville game!):

Broad-arrow marked cutlery! Including a very nice little military (albeit post-war dated) tea-spoon! £0.25p a piece.
Mint condition unissued size 'L' 37patt webbing belt - £7

A Proud Member Of 'Team Spleen!' who play mainly at Gunman Airsoft, Tuddenham, Suffolk.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/08/2014 10:08 pm
(@prideofengland)
Noble Member

From Kettering Carboot Sale this morning (straight from The Silencing of Merville game!):

Broad-arrow marked cutlery! Including a very nice little military (albeit post-war dated) tea-spoon! £0.25p a piece.
Mint condition unissued size 'L' 37patt webbing belt - £7

Hoarder!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/08/2014 10:12 pm
McVickers
(@mcvickers)
Famed Member

Hoarder!

You know it!

At least I've been distributing (giving/selling) bits away recently to more worthy homes...

...yet somehow acquired another Demolitions Test Set last night

A Proud Member Of 'Team Spleen!' who play mainly at Gunman Airsoft, Tuddenham, Suffolk.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/08/2014 7:47 am
Jimmiiee
(@jimmiiee)
Reputable Member

Putties came through the post today-- attachment is not available ---- attachment is not available --

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2014 12:43 pm
(@gj-nord)
Eminent Member

x5 colour coded stuff sacks and 2 boot bags for all things GJ.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2014 1:39 pm
(@prideofengland)
Noble Member

x5 colour coded stuff sacks and 2 boot bags for all things GJ.

Nice :D repro or original? and where from?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2014 1:58 pm
dieselmonkey
(@dieselmonkey)
Noble Member

Not quite ww2, but based on a German ww2 pattern:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2014 7:38 pm
Poacher
(@poacher)
Noble Member

Closer than most Urals et al you see around?

aka Stigroadie

AFRA
better by design

"Truth is a shining goddess, always veiled, always distant, never wholly approachable, but worthy of all the devotion of which the human spirit is capable. "

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/08/2014 10:21 am
(@gj-nord)
Eminent Member

PofE,

repro's, the Frau made them up..... :)

I've got eyelets now so I can get that version made up.

gj

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/08/2014 11:10 am
(@prideofengland)
Noble Member

PofE,

repro's, the Frau made them up..... :)

I've got eyelets now so I can get that version made up.

gj

Brilliant chap Must try and make some myself, I take it the boot bags are basically the same but with a curved bottom?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/08/2014 12:26 pm
(@gj-nord)
Eminent Member

3 sections, curved top, I've seen them with both eyelets and internal drawstring......

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/08/2014 4:18 pm
dieselmonkey
(@dieselmonkey)
Noble Member

Closer than most Urals et al you see around?

I've got two of them, too.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/08/2014 7:24 pm
Allenby
(@allenby)
Noble Member

I had a BD1. Loved it and bitterly regret selling it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/08/2014 8:00 pm
Russe11
(@russe11)
Honorable Member

Just recieved the scope for my SMLE. Doesn't look very period correct atm. Hopefully a bit of brass coloured enamel will solve that.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/08/2014 12:27 pm
Allenby
(@allenby)
Noble Member

Shopping for a pair of Lufty tropical trousers turned in to a full DAK Gebirgsjäger impression.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/08/2014 2:43 pm
McVickers
(@mcvickers)
Famed Member

From Willington Carboot today (Sat')

A post-war, black steel fittings, small-pack which had previously been painted in generic British Army green paint... ...but was attached to two near-mint wartime dated reduction woven L-straps with all brass hardware - £1!

A 1942 dated British Army spoon - £0.25p!
A GR marked and crested spoon, though probably just a piece from coronation collectable set - £0.25p

EDIT:
Oh, and I nearly forgot; I've picked up an old Kodak negatives box from the carboot sale that had "Duchesne Renazé 7x10" scribbled on the outside, for £1. It appears to contain WW2 images, probably Americans. There seems to be a lot of focus of convoy vehicles, camp, and local towns seen from nearby. I'll post up the results once I either get the negatives scanned in or proper photos made.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/08/2014 12:48 am
Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

McV, I'm waiting for the day when you say you picked up a fully-working Bren carrier for 50p!!

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/08/2014 8:48 am
dieselmonkey
(@dieselmonkey)
Noble Member

From Willington Carboot today (Sat')

A post-war, black steel fittings, small-pack which had previously been painted in generic British Army green paint... ...but was attached to two near-mint wartime dated reduction woven L-straps with all brass hardware - £1!

A 1942 dated British Army spoon - £0.25p!
A GR marked and crested spoon, though probably just a piece from coronation collectable set - £0.25p

EDIT:
Oh, and I nearly forgot; I've picked up an old Kodak negatives box from the carboot sale that had "Duchesne Renazé 7x10" scribbled on the outside, for £1. It appears to contain WW2 images, probably Americans. There seems to be a lot of focus of convoy vehicles, camp, and local towns seen from nearby. I'll post up the results once I either get the negatives scanned in or proper photos made.

I dunno how you find all these treasures, all I can find at car boots are used kid's clothes and crappy dvd's, neither of which I want.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/08/2014 5:49 pm
McVickers
(@mcvickers)
Famed Member

McV, I'm waiting for the day when you say you picked up a fully-working Bren carrier for 50p!!

Funnily enough, there was a chap selling 4 solid-tired rims for a catapillar tracked vehicle that looked awfully like carrier idler wheels, for £25 the set at Willington... does bit-by-bit count?

I dunno how you find all these treasures, all I can find at car boots are used kid's clothes and crappy dvd's, neither of which I want.

Just persistence and always going as regularly as possible. Bearing in mind; I will buy an item if it is a good price, no matter if I need it or not - just to ensure it is then in the hands of collectors/preservists than at risk of being forgotten/destroyed. There is a lot more militaria out there than you hear about from my posts - it just may be that it's either too new (I don't tend to buy '70s onwards stuff unless it is something specific) or stupidly priced! And some items, as I have no interest in them but know they are worth having, I may not mention them as I would be wanting to sell them on, perhaps to people on this forum or other similar forums, who may not be so inclined to pay my asking price when they know how much I paid for it (I am NOT being a dealer, just sensible). An example of this is two/three weeks back at Nash Mills carboot sale in Hertfordshire I found a German Signals equipment pouch, '38 dated with waffenampt, for £1. I didn't post it up as I wanted to do more research about it first, and then have a better chance of passing it on to someone who'd want it.

Also, just keep in mind that anyone could have anything. I've bought a post-war leatherette jerkin off of a 6' 2" black transvestite after spotting the edge of it in a rail of ladies frocks, war-dated jackknives off of chavs selling DVDs and bits to 'barry' up your car, that beautiful military drawing set off of a very old Irish traveller who only had 6 other items to sell and was just crouched on the floor with the few goods spread out before him.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/08/2014 8:55 am
Page 388 / 407
Share: