Notifications
Clear all

Training day/get together 2?

Page 1 / 2

Sgt.Heide
(@sgt-heide)
Illustrious Member

Anyone up for another of these? (Hopefully, it won't snow!). Dates I have available are October 5th or October 19th (subject to the site being available of course).

The idea will be to practice squad tactics, using our new MG's. We can also cover any other subjects that people feel necessary. I plan on keeping it KG SS only (maybe Landser and FJ group as well, if there's interest (but no allies)), so it'll be fairly small numbers but it would be nice to get maximum turnout, as we haven't really done anything as a group for some time.

For any prospective new members, I'm sure that we can help out with kit as well.

When I want your opinion - I'll tell you what it is!

Topic starter Posted : 09/09/2008 8:51 pm
JD7
 JD7
(@jd7)
Illustrious Member

- be there with various weapons, original training books and a hot flask of erzatz coffee. Either date

Be great for a KG-SS meet up again, been a while - lots to work on

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/09/2008 9:40 pm
Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

Off helping Guy with A2C-2 on the weekend of the 19th but if it's on the 5th I'm good to go...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/09/2008 9:43 pm
JD7
 JD7
(@jd7)
Illustrious Member

Off helping Guy with A2C-2 on the weekend of the 19th but if it's on the 5th I'm good to go...

Eeek - forgot about that weekend also - am lined up for that as well.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/09/2008 9:46 pm
Sgt.Heide
(@sgt-heide)
Illustrious Member

Ok, looks like October 5th then!

We could do with at least 10 people turning up really, so hopefully we'll get some more interest (seeing as we have so many "on paper" members).

I'll contact the site owners on friday and check availability of the site. I can't see it costing any more than before.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/09/2008 5:30 pm
JD7
 JD7
(@jd7)
Illustrious Member

Just confirm the 5th ok and I'll see you there, em actually before that if the HK stuff turns up

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/09/2008 6:47 pm
Old Un
(@old-un)
Illustrious Member

Eeek - forgot about that weekend also - am lined up for that as well.

cheers gents !

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/09/2008 7:52 pm
Sgt.Heide
(@sgt-heide)
Illustrious Member

Count me in Sgt Heide. Looking forward to it if we can get the required number.

Nice one. Well, that's 5 so far! We should manage 10 at least, I reckon.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/09/2008 9:34 pm
Forester
(@forester)
Noble Member

Will try and make it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/09/2008 10:14 am
Sgt.Heide
(@sgt-heide)
Illustrious Member

Will try and make it.

Cool. I spoke to the site owners today and we're a "go" for October 5th, at the same £10 fee per head as before. However, if we don't get enough interest, it'll be a waste of time. If the date is unsuitable, please say so and I'll try to organise an alternative date later on in the year. After the spanking us Germans got at Husky (no point denying it!), we really could do with some training and bonding sessions!

We're up to 7 so far. :D

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12/09/2008 8:47 pm
Joseph Porta
(@joseph-porta)
Famed Member

sorry heide i cant make it (though i really would like to), im doing the A2c thing too, and trying to push in more than one event a month is really tricky with the

"Take that you rotton helping of strawberry flan!"
Joseph Porta to "strawberrys and cream", in the sven hassel book ,ogpu prison

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/09/2008 7:59 pm
Sgt.Heide
(@sgt-heide)
Illustrious Member

sorry heide i cant make it (though i really would like to), im doing the A2c thing too, and trying to push in more than one event a month is really tricky with the

No problem mate. Looks like the whole thing might be on hold for a while anyway, maybe late november/early december, as I have injured my already damaged spine at work today, fighting with some drug infested parasite, so I may be bed ridden for a couple of weeks. Awaiting the quacks' opinion tomorrow before I can make a decision and let you all know.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/09/2008 9:56 pm
che
 che
(@che)
Noble Member

hope he came out worse what am i saying corse he did

theres nowt so Permanent as temporary

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/09/2008 10:00 pm
Sgt.Heide
(@sgt-heide)
Illustrious Member

hope he came out worse what am i saying corse he did

You could say that! He had a couple of "injuries whilst resisiting arrest". I'm off my tits on tramadol, co-codamol, diazepam and diclofenac at the moment, so I feel quite mellow!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 15/09/2008 7:31 pm
Sgt.Heide
(@sgt-heide)
Illustrious Member

Well, I've been to the doctors' and it looks like I'm out of action for the next 4 weeks. So, I'll have a look at my diary and sort out another date. Sorry to let down those that were looking forward to October 5th but it gives us time to get another date, with firm numbers sorted out properly.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/09/2008 10:35 am
Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

I must admit I'm very tempted to attend - it's only the distance that puts me off.

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/09/2008 1:55 pm
Joseph Porta
(@joseph-porta)
Famed Member

ill probably be able to attend , atc2 fell through, so im free at the moment, work/wife permitting

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/09/2008 10:45 am
Joseph Porta
(@joseph-porta)
Famed Member

quote heide " some drug infested parasite"

then this
"I'm off my tits on tramadol, co-codamol, diazepam and diclofenac at the moment,"

get well soon mate!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/09/2008 10:48 am
JD7
 JD7
(@jd7)
Illustrious Member

ill probably be able to attend , atc2 fell through, so im free at the moment, work/wife permitting

I just saw this and checked the forum 'over there' shame it got binned, but it happens

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/09/2008 11:24 am
Joseph Porta
(@joseph-porta)
Famed Member

ive got 1 deffinate, maybe 2 guys, who can come allong and be enemy. i can loan them both uniforms and weapons
(mp 40`s)

there not softers or reenactors, but both were mates from childhood who have a massive interest in ww2 german forces.
(im hopeing they get the bug :D )

i was thinking, if the "members" of KG SS were practiceing attacks as sections, we could use these guys over and over again in a fixed position, and practice our attacks on them, ill give em body armour and helmets and face protection so they wont suffer.

it would be nice to get a nice team with mostly rifles a couple of Smgs, and the mg 42`s, and practice some attacks , and some ORGANIZED supprression fire (as riflemen and mg groups) , (something lacking in most airsoft battles, it tends to be people doing their own small skirmish within a bigger skirmish)

i can bring allong a Aeg in a sheild on a pintle mount for the enemy to use as a position, and maybe a rule that hits put em out of action for 10 secs, then they fire again, so if our cover fire slackens the position would open up again.

just some ideas, i think with a bit of forward planning, we can make a training day, instructive but also fun. (as the others tended to be)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/09/2008 7:39 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: