Notifications
Clear all

Hello from Japan

TokyoTommy
(@tokyotommy)

Hello everybody.

I'm a Brit living in Japan looking to get into some period air soft. Ive been lurking around for a few weeks now as this site has such a wealth of knowledge! To be honest I am actually more interested in putting together
an early British Korean war set of kit but I thought Id have more success picking the brains of you chaps here in regards to equipment and load outs than a more modern day site. :good:

I planning to put my kit together slowly, funds being a major factor but also as researching and learning about the kit and period is really interesting. :) As Ive seen mentioned on the site many times, Its better to ask before buying any kit so here I am!

If/when I return to the UK I would love to join some of your games as compared to the open day blatfests Ive experienced before they look amazing! Also if anyone needs anything from Japan airsoft wise I would be more than happy to help out (for a few beer tokens of course :rofl: ).

Thanks.
TokyoTommy

Topic starter Posted : 19/08/2015 3:08 am

Kendo
(@kendo)
Estimable Member

I'm a Brit living in Japan--

Oh, well, you'll want to put together a Chindit inpression, surely! :twisted:

Welcome to the forum! What is it you do out there, out of curiosity?

'ABSIT OMEN'

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/08/2015 11:45 am

TokyoTommy
(@tokyotommy)

I will admit the thought did cross my mind but I always feel like I'm in a scene from faulty towers when it comes talking about the war here. :whistle:

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 19/08/2015 12:33 pm

Kendo
(@kendo)
Estimable Member

I've seen some mental videos on YouTube of airsofters in Japan, and you get folk running around as American GIs and Marines! Can't imagine a sweaty Brit with a big beard, denim shirt and a SMLE will cause too much trouble. :rofl:

'ABSIT OMEN'

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/08/2015 1:39 pm

TokyoTommy
(@tokyotommy)

Aye when you look at it that... Maybe on the future to do list ;)

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 19/08/2015 2:13 pm

Raffles
(@raffles)
Noble Member

Welcome to the forum!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/08/2015 8:41 pm

McVickers
(@mcvickers)
Famed Member

Hello & welcome!

A set of jungle greens would do you good for both impressions!

A Proud Member Of 'Team Spleen!' who play mainly at Gunman Airsoft, Tuddenham, Suffolk.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/08/2015 11:03 pm

MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

Hello and welcome.

Korean loadouts aren't vastly different to WW2. 37 pattern webbing (I guess with the late pattern entrenching tool handles and steel fittings?), 49 pattern BD, turtle helmet, ammo boots and maybe a leather jerkin and/or greatcoat to keep the cold and rain out.

I've no idea of Korean Era webbing was blancoed, hard to tell from photos.

Cheers
Martin

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/08/2015 3:05 pm

(@taro_ryuzaki)
Eminent Member

Hi Tommy!
There is a good WW2 airsofting scene in Japan. I tried it out last year, see here:

Being the only white guy in a WW2 game was weird haha

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/08/2015 11:12 am

Colonel Tigh117
(@colonel-tigh117)
Estimable Member

Hello and welcome to the forum

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/08/2015 11:56 am

Kendo
(@kendo)
Estimable Member

There is a good WW2 airsofting scene in Japan. I tried it out last year, see here:

That video made my day.

'ABSIT OMEN'

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/08/2015 12:39 pm

TokyoTommy
(@tokyotommy)

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I'm currently spending a lot of my free time reading as much Korean War related material as I can get my hands on and have a rough outline of what impression I would like to go for. :) stand by for more updates!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 13/09/2015 2:15 pm

Siggi
(@siggi)
Estimable Member

Tokyo was where I began my long association with airsoft, back in 1990 before AEGs were developed. |Picked it up again in Kyoto in '95. The land of zombies. Lol. :D

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/02/2016 8:19 pm

TokyoTommy
(@tokyotommy)

Hello again there all. I do apologise for the lack of updates. Work, moving, family all takes its dues. :( However I have slowly been continuing my research and getting a few bits and pieces together when funds allow. I have settled on a couple of impressions I want to go for.

I am aiming for a late 1950/ early 1951, 29th Brigade impression! The tales of the Battle of the Imjin were just too much to resist. Ideally I would like a winter load out and a fairer weather load. The kit for the 29th is a real interesting mix of late ww2 and late 40s, also the common occurrence of "acquiring" things from the yanks allows for some fun! I will hopefully have some pictures of my own bits and pieces soon but a lot of them are sat at a relatives in the UK waiting to be shipped over here. Still the issue of finding a non ktw enfield too :( I wonder if shoot and scoot can do a sub 1 joule rifle shipped to Japan? :shock: :lol:

KOREAN WAR, ROYAL NORTHUMBERLAND FUSILIERS. © IWM (BF 10117)IWM Non Commercial Licence

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/09/2016 12:59 pm

TokyoTommy
(@tokyotommy)

Sorry sir, I failed to answer your question! A year late but better than never! I teach English which is the staple of many a foreigner out here. :rofl: Not that I am any good at it mind you :roll:

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/09/2016 1:04 pm

Kendo
(@kendo)
Estimable Member

Sorry sir, I failed to answer your question! A year late but better than never! I teach English which is the staple of many a foreigner out here. :rofl: Not that I am any good at it mind you :roll:

Funnily enough, I had a feeling that might be the case. :P

'ABSIT OMEN'

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/09/2016 7:13 am

Share: