Notifications
Clear all

Heloha

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Hello.

My name is Luke, I live near Aberdeen and I've been wanting to get into Airsoft and WW2 re-enactment for a long time. It's also taken me this long to realise I can have both at the same time.
The main reason for the delay in getting into it is my mother. She refused to have any sort of gun in the house. I wasn't even allowed cap revolvers. I was allowed water pistols. Not the big super-soakers, just crummy little pistols. If they were bright yellow. Or orange.

However, time has moved on a bit. And now that my tour of Iraq with the TA is over, I think I'll finally buy one (and besides, mum bought herself an archery set while I was out there so she can't argue anymore). I actually bought myelf an SG552, my all time favourite Counter-Strike weapon, but I got ample money left over for a WW2 loadout and I like the look of the British para. Whatever the costume it'll have to be British because I'm in love with Enfield No4 rifles. I'm strange like that.

Anyways, hello peeps. :)
If anyone goes to the War and Peace show in Kent, I will be there this year.

Topic starter Posted : 09/06/2007 12:12 pm
Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Hi Luke - like you, I never realised until recently that I could combine my airsoft with one of my all-time interests, WWII. I have to say that the British Paras looked fantastic at our Arnhem game.

I trust you've seen the Shootnscoot custom made airsoft Lee Enfield?

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/06/2007 12:29 pm
 Yith
(@yith)
Illustrious Member

ooo good... someone want to do british... :)

Nice to have you on board.

There's loads of reference material on here, but if you have any questions you can't find an anser to then ask away.

I hope to see you at an event... though I suspect you'll probably find a home at The Hill... so I won't see you much!

I'll be down at Beltring with my chindit re-enactment group, so make sure you come and say hello!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/06/2007 12:30 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Indeed I have Steiner, in fact Shoot and Scoot is the only place I've found so far where I can get a complete British para costume! :) I have been looking for a few weeks...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 09/06/2007 12:30 pm
Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Yith'll give you the best sources for kit. :)

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/06/2007 12:31 pm
 Yith
(@yith)
Illustrious Member

Denisons from Replicaters are excellent value, they're just a bit longer than the belgian ones and I think that makes a bit of a difference... Also a large repro beret is better than a small modern one... (resist shaping it, I know that'll be hard to do as you've probably be taught to always shape them...) Ammo Boots from What Price Glory if you're a bit of a stitch counter... :)

Other than I suggest you try and get everything else from S&S.. :)

To be honest for airsofting purposes you could just get everything from S&S, though there will be a few mistakes... ;)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/06/2007 12:35 pm
Helga Geerhart
(@helga-geerhart)
Famed Member

Hi morgs :D

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/06/2007 12:39 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Also a large repro beret is better than a small modern one... (resist shaping it, I know that'll be hard to do as you've probably be taught to always shape them...)

Actually I wear a Tam-o-shanter (I'm in 7 Scots, despite the english accent), since issued I've never had to shape it. Thanks for advice :)

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 09/06/2007 12:51 pm
Gliderrider
(@gliderrider)
Noble Member

Welcome aboard. Its great to have another airborne. Can i convince you to change over to one of the fine airlanding units by any chance KOSB& KSB.

As for uniform I agree with yith, go for a dennison smock from replicators and while you are ordering from them I would suggest to get a set of denim trousers as well. Otherwise beret and webbing and gun from shoot and scoot. That way if you fancy going to a WW2 event you allready have everything.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/06/2007 12:57 pm
richardschulze1944
(@richardschulze1944)
Honorable Member

Hi there

Welcome to the forum - echoing Steiner, coming across the CIA gang and everything they do has been a real revelation for me, too - the idea of running around in woods and abandoned buildings shooting at people with 'guns' that actually fire, dressed head to toe in authentic looking WW2 clobber, sounds like great FUN - and it is - :D

WW2 airsofting is a relatively recent development in the hobby from what I can gather - but it's sure to grow - :D

http://www.simplysoldiers.blogspot.com/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/06/2007 6:02 pm
Kermit
(@kermit)
Famed Member

Welcome to the forum. Looks like you've found a way to spend all that LOA you built up when in Iraq :)

When we were a Kingdom it was run by a King
When we were an Empire it was run by an Empress
Now we're a country we're run by a..........

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/06/2007 8:24 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

huzzah another Brit Brit! (as opposed to all the dark siders and sceptics)
welcome!
there's lots of sources of kit out there Sabre Sales definitely worth a look as is Motion Picture Props, SOF (delivery is always very prompt but can be pricey), What Price Glory in the States do a complete Para collection for

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 09/06/2007 10:07 pm
Share: