Bolt Action Game

53 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
cjw957
(@cjw957)
Famed Member
Topic starter

an idea has been floated around about maybe a bolt action game or 2 on one of the nights with a few beers and snacks ;)

we are hoping to hire a large tent and if we can sort some tables out would anyone be up for a game or two ?

i have yet to finish off a squad yet so may inspire me :)

if we just playing small armies or group sure we could sort out a few loans for folks to try (says the guy who has never played lol)

anyway just an idea at this stage :)

Posted : 17/10/2014 2:38 pm
Allenby
(@allenby)
Noble Member

Yeah I'm well on for that. :good:

Can provide an army or two and some terrain.

Posted : 17/10/2014 2:42 pm
cjw957
(@cjw957)
Famed Member
Topic starter

wonder if we could build a board to be a bit like stormforce site lol :)

Posted : 17/10/2014 3:03 pm
Allenby
(@allenby)
Noble Member

wonder if we could build a board to be a bit like stormforce site lol :)

You know ten months notice is never enough time to get anything done in wargaming. :wink:

Posted : 17/10/2014 3:11 pm
Tin
 Tin
(@tin)
Reputable Member

There will be a new rule though. All participants must dress as the respective commander of their army.

Posted : 17/10/2014 3:41 pm
Allenby
(@allenby)
Noble Member

There will be a new rule though. All participants must dress as the respective commander of their army.

If I bring my Japanese can I have Chris chucking Chrysanthemum's under my feet wherever I go?

Posted : 17/10/2014 3:59 pm
(@bigkie)
Prominent Member

Would it be a idea to have a few players on either side with said amount of points each? cause have been playing this off and on but me and the guys have been mainly doing tank wars battles (easy to get an engagement done in an evening) so that's most of what I have got. be fun if was able to do something where you have got different units commanded by different players. can have overall game goals for each side with extra victory points for individual unit missions etc.
just an idea but we could get a bigger game going on without everyone shelling out for large point forces.
have got both German and British tank units so happy to do either.
3rd Fallschirmpanzer/Irish Guard Armoured Division FIRE!!! :happyswing:

Posted : 26/10/2014 3:40 pm
cjw957
(@cjw957)
Famed Member
Topic starter

yes if this happens will just be small points values so can have a few players or quick games hopefully or have a tank wars game as well ? hoping to have sorted a large tent its just more getting the tables etc :)

Posted : 26/10/2014 3:51 pm
(@bigkie)
Prominent Member

:good: well we have a few of the proverbial gamers friends in the DIY paste tables. I may be able to bring them up of its an option.

Posted : 26/10/2014 4:43 pm
cjw957
(@cjw957)
Famed Member
Topic starter

i like the idea of maybe 3 games

1) with armies provided small battle so new folks can try it

2) for those with armies again small and fast games maybe 2 v2 ?

3) maybe a tank wars one

but martin had a idea i need to check up on , and that is there safe zone has some pretty good covered areas :) which may be able to provide a ample gaming space :)

which means crap i may need to get around to painting some stuff and try and find my missing panzer :(

Posted : 27/10/2014 6:57 am
(@bigkie)
Prominent Member

Any Idea what points you may be aiming for? What with xmas and all that coming up :D
Also chris didn't you mention you may have some soviets for sale?

Posted : 29/10/2014 10:23 pm
cjw957
(@cjw957)
Famed Member
Topic starter

well i have never played i just own tons and yes will fish out and let you know :)

Posted : 29/10/2014 11:26 pm
cjw957
(@cjw957)
Famed Member
Topic starter

though put a ton on ebay this week to thin down the stuff i wont paint lol

Posted : 29/10/2014 11:26 pm
Allenby
(@allenby)
Noble Member

I should have a full Platoon of Japs... Unless I get bored, flog them all then buy some Russians. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted : 30/10/2014 12:18 am
(@bigkie)
Prominent Member

Yeah got the Russian army book on the way this week, Katyushas , Dog Mines, and T34s for the win!! :happyswing:

Posted : 30/10/2014 10:24 am
cjw957
(@cjw957)
Famed Member
Topic starter

well all my german and usa airborne now bid on so they are going to a new home , lol i will try and get some GJ , SS and 34th painted in time

how long would a 4 player 750 points each game take ?

Posted : 30/10/2014 11:52 am
(@bigkie)
Prominent Member

Would depend on what victory objective the battle is played to mate. If its a full on to the last man game then all depends on the luck of the roll but if it an objective based then you could have anything from take and hold 'x' and must be in control by turn 'x' so you can basically tailor a game to be as long or short as you want it to be. I have had games that lasted three turns before and although that doesn't sound long they can be quite full on and therefore lots of fun.
Will have a think about some of the objective games then we can pick what we want.

Posted : 30/10/2014 12:21 pm
(@bigkie)
Prominent Member

Went along to a mates group organised tournament the other day, just for a look around.
All armies were 1000pts based and it seemed like over the whole day each player got three games in, each game being max of six full turns. So don't know if that helps with a guideline of how long games should take.
Think 750 points each would be a good choice.
Plus what armies we bringing? I will have Russian and am planning generic heer in the Santa list :giggle:

Posted : 24/11/2014 2:40 pm
cjw957
(@cjw957)
Famed Member
Topic starter

i did find those russians out then tipped the box every where in garage so need to find them lool as was toi much swearing lol

but i think 750 sounds good

Posted : 24/11/2014 2:45 pm
(@bigkie)
Prominent Member

i did find those russians out then tipped the box every where in garage so need to find them lool as was toi much swearing lol

but i think 750 sounds good

:happyclap: :giggle:

Posted : 24/11/2014 3:08 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share: