Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Bookings for Operation 'Bloodhound'

Page 4 / 4

dcheetham89
(@dcheetham89)
Reputable Member

I have a mallet thanks but if you could manage to find some cheap pegs I'd be all over that :D Great photo, I have my mkIII alas no jerkin, excited though, hope you can make it!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/03/2016 6:17 am
(@kingmaker)
Estimable Member

Dan i have period tent pegs also if you need them
Weather forecast i have seen is for the weather to break on Saturday
So there could be rain all day,but its often not that accurate this far ahead

Any Clarification on whether Fg42's will be aloud full auto or not?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/03/2016 7:46 am
(@gunman)
Noble Member

All full auto is fine. Only exception is Smg/assault rifles with high caps. They are restricted to single shot only.

All lmg and mg are good to rock and roll but have a 1s burst rule.

Now I have s better idea of numbers, there is still about 20 guys coming that pay on the gate;) I'll get the final scenario up on Wednesday.so looking forward to this.

Heer Schmidt

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 22/03/2016 8:15 am
(@kingmaker)
Estimable Member

Ok gunman ,understood, thanks for that
Although full auto was only mentioned once and that it was classed as cheating unless it was
an LMG,unless i read it wrong

Cheers Mark

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/03/2016 8:35 am
dcheetham89
(@dcheetham89)
Reputable Member

Thanks Mark McVickers is the man for finding stuff no one can, if he can't, I might need to borrow some !

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/03/2016 8:23 pm
ww2stu
(@ww2stu)
Noble Member

Hi Josh,

I have just sent a depoist sent for a U.S. place. See you Saturday.

Stu

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/03/2016 6:43 pm
McVickers
(@mcvickers)
Famed Member

I have a mallet thanks but if you could manage to find some cheap pegs I'd be all over that :D

McVickers is the man for finding stuff no one can, if he can't, I might need to borrow some !

I've been secret bargain store raiding!

10x (for 6x sides, 2x guys, 2x base of door flaps), genuine and unissued British military hardwood (no pine here!) size medium (small - medium - big - massive) tent pegs acquired! (Well I actually acquired 30x, hand picked them all myself to get the densest wood with a nice tight grain - the other 20x for two of my tents!).

2x unissued mallet handles also purchased (I know you said you're sorted, but I always buy things 'just in case', hence two!), going to hunt out mallet heads tomorrow ;-) At cost if you do change your mind.

Also, bought 4 more pairs of proper wartime pattern poles (square section - not the chubbier cylindrical post-war type) in very good condition, to replace some of the shabbier ones of mine. If you've not got 'proper' poles for your canvas, you can have a pair of my shabby cast-offs for £2! (At current acquisition prices, selling them at a loss). I'll even give them a going over with the wire wool and linseed oil before hand

A Proud Member Of 'Team Spleen!' who play mainly at Gunman Airsoft, Tuddenham, Suffolk.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/03/2016 7:00 pm
dcheetham89
(@dcheetham89)
Reputable Member

I have a mallet thanks but if you could manage to find some cheap pegs I'd be all over that :D

McVickers is the man for finding stuff no one can, if he can't, I might need to borrow some !

I've been secret bargain store raiding!

10x (for 6x sides, 2x guys, 2x base of door flaps), genuine and unissued British military hardwood (no pine here!) size medium (small - medium - big - massive) tent pegs acquired! (Well I actually acquired 30x, hand picked them all myself to get the densest wood with a nice tight grain - the other 20x for two of my tents!).

2x unissued mallet handles also purchased (I know you said you're sorted, but I always buy things 'just in case', hence two!), going to hunt out mallet heads tomorrow ;-) At cost if you do change your mind.

Also, bought 4 more pairs of proper wartime pattern poles (square section - not the chubbier cylindrical post-war type) in very good condition, to replace some of the shabbier ones of mine. If you've not got 'proper' poles for your canvas, you can have a pair of my shabby cast-offs for £2! (At current acquisition prices, selling them at a loss). I'll even give them a going over with the wire wool and linseed oil before hand

Bloody hell! Excellent i'll definitley have the pegs, I probably should have the mallet too if you find heads, mine is even military :D I had no idea the cylindrical poles weren't original!! I'll be quiet happy to rehome your shabbies too

People should hire you for military bargain hunt or something, definitley a TV program in you somewhere

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/03/2016 9:14 pm
McVickers
(@mcvickers)
Famed Member

Bloody hell! Excellent i'll definitley have the pegs, I probably should have the mallet too if you find heads, mine is even military :D I had no idea the cylindrical poles weren't original!! I'll be quiet happy to rehome your shabbies too

Hehe, I don't know why, but I had an inkling that you'd not been supplied with poles and were making use of German multipart zelt poles or would have been supplied with post-war poles (the fat round ones are for the later waxy ripstop canvas version of the two man pup-tent - essentially the same tent, was just modernised). The square section poles I got this afternoon I had to dig for in a large container FULL of these round ones - to the military "poles is poles", and so they were all just lumped together.

If you've already got a military mallet then no worries as I'll just keep the two myself. Oh, does you're canvas have a inner 'flysheet'/mosquito net built into it? Some brown canvas tents do, some don't - probably either late war production for fighting in the Far East or post-war additions for Burma/Malaya use. Just curious if yours has it or not.

If you hadn't have found a canvas, and as you wouldn't accept one of mine to borrow, then I was going to offer to sew you up a period 'escape tent', made from an old bedsheet (complete with Nazi camp markings), paraffin lamp wicks for peg loops, jackknife lanyards for upright guys, all dyed a soft shade of brown with Red Cross tea ration and waterproofed with paraffin and candle-wax! Small enough to fold/roll into a large coat pocket, and when you want to pitch use any 2x of 3ft long twigs/sticks you find nearly for uprights and 8x of short sticks for side and guy pegs!

People should hire you for military bargain hunt or something, definitely a TV program in you somewhere

A TV program in side of me? I'd hate to think of how they'd get the cameras in...

A Proud Member Of 'Team Spleen!' who play mainly at Gunman Airsoft, Tuddenham, Suffolk.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/03/2016 10:23 pm
Bravo-2-6
(@bravo-2-6)
Estimable Member

Gutted to say, but, I cannot make this now due to a family emergency, hope you all have a good time and I'll defiantly be along again soon!

Jack

Designated Support Gunner- Maybe one day i may actually hit someone!

Armoury
Germany: MG42, MP40, Mauser M712
Italy: Berretta M38A
U.S.A: M1918SLR B.A.R
U.K: Lee Enfield SMLE

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/03/2016 3:27 pm
Granger
(@granger)
Noble Member

Gutted to say, but, I cannot make this now due to a family emergency, hope you all have a good time and I'll defiantly be along again soon!

Oh no! Hope everything is OK. See you at the next one, Jack.

Regards,

Ralph

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/03/2016 6:11 pm
McVickers
(@mcvickers)
Famed Member

Crikey! Hope all becomes okay for you & your family. Sorry to hear you'll have to miss this.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/03/2016 8:19 pm
Page 4 / 4
Share: