Notifications
Clear all

Good day folks

seg
 seg
(@seg)
Honorable Member

Thanks to the organising team. I had a fun day made even better by not having to organise it for a change at my site.
Great to meet folk today.
Watch this space for another game at close action.
See you all soon
Tony

www.close-action.co.uk

Topic starter Posted : 17/10/2015 8:40 pm
dadio
(@dadio)
Famed Member

Good weather ,good site ,honest play and superb kit ,very tired ,I'll write more after I recover ,thanks to everyone involved in the planning and playing.

armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/10/2015 8:18 am
cuff
 cuff
(@cuff)
Estimable Member

Had a fun day with a great bunch and lots of laughs even if it was at Eds expense snapping a tree in half and landing in a thorn bush
One of my favourite moments was when me and Chris held off the left flank for 10 minutes with lots of smoke making the gerries think there was more than 2 of us, then after making it back to our flag we found out we had lost all our squad by getting shot in the back

The crazy Russian charge at the end was funny I don't know what hurt more getting shot or my new bloody boots, but it was worth it

A big thanks to kie, pride, Martin and not forgetting our map reading expert Gareth for all your hard work and any one else I have missed it was a fun day

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/10/2015 8:52 am
Luiluei
(@luiluei)
Noble Member

Cuff I remember you diversion well. We went for it but could not see much (due to all the smoke) We concentrated our squad on it and then got flanked and wiped out. I was the only survivor. Your guys got killed by someone of our squad that got lost. Pure chance....the fortunes of war.
Had a great time but completely kaputt after carrying that MG42 through the woods. Fixed position for me next time :-)
Great site, great sportman ship. Thanks to organiser for the good work.
Hope we get some bigger numbers next time. The site surely has the space for it.
See you soon on the battlefield again guys
Lutz

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/10/2015 2:09 pm
Ox&Bucks
(@oxbucks)
Estimable Member

Had a fun day with a great bunch and lots of laughs even if it was at Eds expense snapping a tree in half and landing in a thorn bush

The things I do to provide entertainment! I was merely removing an obvious hazard so no one else of my "substantial" build quality would come to grief.

Ed "The Lumberjack"

Current Arsenal: ICS Grease Gun, ICS M1 Garand, MP40, Viva Arms Sten Mk2.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/10/2015 10:19 am
(@bigkie)
Prominent Member

The things I do to provide entertainment! I was merely removing an obvious hazard so no one else of my "substantial" build quality would come to grief.

Ed "The Lumberjack"

...and he's ok!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/10/2015 10:44 am
Share: