Notifications
Clear all

Kelly's heroes event held on 17th-19th November in Vizinada

Page 1 / 4

Oberst Steiner
(@oberst-steiner)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Here are some pictures from the event held in Vizinada, Croatia based on war classic Kelly's heroes starring Clint Eastwood, Donald Sutherland, Telly Savalas and Don Rickles. The event was held at same locations where the movie was filmed.

As I said it was fantastic event with about 100 players from Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Slovenia, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia and Czech Republic. Next year most of the event will be held in town itself, with more buildings to conquer.

My armory: MG42, MP40, StG44, G43, M38A, P08, P38, Mauser C96, M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, Colt 1911, Webley Mark VI, Sten Mark II.

TheChef
(@thechef)
Honorable Member

Very impressive

German

Russian

British

Japanese

ReplyQuote
dadio
(@dadio)
Famed Member

Wow what a site to play on !

armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ReplyQuote
Oberst Steiner
(@oberst-steiner)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Well everybody is welcome to come next year (probably November). We have events throughout the whole year but this one is the biggest. Just follow ASK Mutila on facebook and you'll get announcements in time. This year there were about 100 players from Croatia, Slovenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary and Czech Republic but next hopefully there will be even more.

My armory: MG42, MP40, StG44, G43, M38A, P08, P38, Mauser C96, M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, Colt 1911, Webley Mark VI, Sten Mark II.

ReplyQuote
Luiluei
(@luiluei)
Noble Member

Would love to come but I guess difficult to get a gun on the plane :-)

ReplyQuote
Oberst Steiner
(@oberst-steiner)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Would love to come but I guess difficult to get a gun on the plane :-)

Actually no. Gun is put in cargo hold and you only need to take your battery with you. One of our members is working in Split Airport X-ray scanner so we know.

ReplyQuote
slick63
(@slick63)
Noble Member

Thats incredible, what a site. How did you manage to stage the event in the village as I`m presuming its still populated ?
A nice bit of positive coverage in the press as well.... https://www.total-croatia-news.com/lifestyle/23590-filming-in-croatia-kelly-s-heroes-in-1969-and-the-2017-airsoft-reenactment

ReplyQuote
Oberst Steiner
(@oberst-steiner)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Thats incredible, what a site. How did you manage to stage the event in the village as I`m presuming its still populated ?
A nice bit of positive coverage in the press as well.... https://www.total-croatia-news.com/lifestyle/23590-filming-in-croatia-kelly-s-heroes-in-1969-and-the-2017-airsoft-reenactment

Well it's all due to the efforts of the Airsoft club Mutila (ASK Mutila), Vizinada Mayor and of course population of Vizinada. Many older people still remember the making of Kelly's heroes (many were extras in the movie) and frankly it's off season so they welcomed some excitement (both during event and the remainder of weekend). Next year even more of Vizinada will be battle zone.

ReplyQuote
Oberst Steiner
(@oberst-steiner)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

First movie from the event courtesy of ASK Alfa.

... e=youtu.be

ReplyQuote
(@lord-elpus)
Prominent Member

Must have been a great day, great weather, great scenery, plenty of players.....would like to go to this event next time!
Andy

ReplyQuote
Oberst Steiner
(@oberst-steiner)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Must have been a great day, great weather, great scenery, plenty of players.....would like to go to this event next time!
Andy

Just follow ASK Mutila on facebook. Next year this event will be in November probably (it has to be off season obviously), but they organize other events as well.

ReplyQuote
SCVNGR
(@scvngr)
Estimable Member

Wow! Talk about starting with the volume set to 11

ReplyQuote
(@jerry-a-trick)
Reputable Member

Well I wouldn't like to go on my own but I would be up for this if others were going too.
Say like a road trip or fly just I'm not sure about our weapons.
It could be a big headache trying to get them there.
I'll keep watching out for this next year.
See ya
Peter.

ReplyQuote
Oberst Steiner
(@oberst-steiner)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Well I wouldn't like to go on my own but I would be up for this if others were going too.
Say like a road trip or fly just I'm not sure about our weapons.
It could be a big headache trying to get them there.
I'll keep watching out for this next year.
See ya
Peter.

As I said if you check your guns in cargo hold you only have to bring your batteries up with you. Ryanair has flights to Pula and Rijeka (Pula is nearer Vizinada), but maybe flight to italian towns like Trieste and Venezia are also an option. I know there are flights from London to Zagreb and Split from other companies but that's 3 and 5 hours drives to Vizinada. My club is preparing 2 surprises for next event (one for each side) and I am sure organisers are planing something as well.

ReplyQuote
(@engineer)
Estimable Member

Some of us from Dog company are interested in your next game, please can you PM me a link to the Facebook page?
Many thanks

ReplyQuote
Oberst Steiner
(@oberst-steiner)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Some of us from Dog company are interested in your next game, please can you PM me a link to the Facebook page?
Many thanks

This is fb page of the event -

This is fb page of the team that organises this event -

... =bookmarks
This is fb page of my team, hopefully we'll organise Sicily/Italy event in near future -

Next Kelly's heroes event will probably be held on third weekend in November, whole town will be battlefield and you can expect about 150 players (hopefully more). You can PM me if you have any questions about the event or traveling to Croatia.

ReplyQuote
(@engineer)
Estimable Member

Perfect! Many thanks

ReplyQuote
Luiluei
(@luiluei)
Noble Member

Hi Doug,
I would be interested to join you although probably playing German.
Regards
Lutz

ReplyQuote
(@engineer)
Estimable Member

Ok mate

ReplyQuote
hcompany
(@hcompany)
Estimable Member

It looks pretty darn good, but flying to Croatia for a 2 day game? Might be a tad excessive :|

https://www.instagram.com/mostlyirrelevanthistory/

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 4
Share: