Notifications
Clear all

Questions ?

Page 1 / 4

django
(@django)
Reputable Member

any idea of what the price will be for this event andy?

Topic starter Posted : 16/10/2011 8:01 pm

(@bedsnherts)
Famed Member

Date:
Saturday 4th February 2012

Venue:
Swanscombe Park Quarry
Roman Road
Dartford
DA2 8AH

Price: £45

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/10/2011 8:02 pm

django
(@django)
Reputable Member

ah ha, i see.
better put me down for german.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/10/2011 8:06 pm

(@prideofengland)
Noble Member

Looks like an interesting site lads, well done on getting the game back on track.

A good oportunity to earn a Krim Shield :good:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/10/2011 8:49 pm

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Ha ha! More excuse for bling. :wink:

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/10/2011 9:21 pm

Joseph Porta
(@joseph-porta)
Famed Member

angain , good job with getting it back on track so quick.

but south coast is probably a bit too far.

ill check with the mrs, but probably wont get to this one :(

"Take that you rotton helping of strawberry flan!"
Joseph Porta to "strawberrys and cream", in the sven hassel book ,ogpu prison

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/10/2011 9:45 pm

Yith
(@yith)
Illustrious Member

Looks good to me... I'll see if I can make it!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/10/2011 10:31 pm

(@lardassmonkey)
Famed Member

Sounds good enough to even be worth risking the M25 to get there! :shock: Add in Naval Infantry as well and you can count me in for sure. 8)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/10/2011 11:07 pm

(@bedsnherts)
Famed Member

If you're coming from Nottingham it's only 15 minutes more journey time than Taplow. :good:

The eastern side of the M25 is significantly better than the western side in terms of traffic jams.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/10/2011 6:53 am

Rooster
(@rooster)
Reputable Member

Im interested, would naval infantry be fighting with Red Army infantry? or would they be seperate units?

WW2 Weapons AGM Sten, AGM MP40

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/10/2011 3:52 pm

Boshman
(@boshman)
Noble Member

Im interested, would naval infantry be fighting with Red Army infantry? or would they be seperate units?

I would answer that by saying they will be fighting alongside each other and will generally be defending the same objectives throught the day. But, they will be organised into squads of one or the other and will be given orders on a per squad basis so may have different missions during the course of the day.

“I wanted to come to the Volga at a specific location at a specific city. By chance it carries the name of Stalin himself. So don’t think I marched there for this reason – it could carry another name – but because there is a very important goal... this goal I wanted to take – and you know – we are very modest, we have it already."
Adolf Hitler, November 1942

"Comrades, Red Army men, commanders and political workers, men and women guerrillas! It is on your perseverance, staunchness, fighting skill and readiness to discharge your duty to the country that the defeat of the German-fascist army and the liberation of the Soviet land from the Hitlerite invaders depend! We can and must clear the Soviet land of Hitlerite vermin."
Joseph Stalin, November 1942

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/10/2011 4:04 pm

Sgt.Heide
(@sgt-heide)
Illustrious Member

Looks like I'm free on this date. Will have a think about braving the horrors of the M25 for it, as it's a long way for a day game (I know the "east side" of the M25 isn't as bad as the rest but, it's still pretty bad!).

When I want your opinion - I'll tell you what it is!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/10/2011 7:55 pm

bosh
 bosh
(@bosh)
Estimable Member

I was supprised how easy our trip back from the site visit yesterday was, finished at 5pm and just over an hour to basingstoke.

The traveling is the main reson all our last events have been on a saturday, arrive friday night or sat am, battle all day , a good social and most important some sleep, before the trip home sunday morning when traffic should be a lot less than a sunday evening

[img]

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/10/2011 8:37 pm

(@bedsnherts)
Famed Member

I've been using the M25 for 20 years and can count on one hand the number of times I've had really bad traffic on the Kent / Essex side.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/10/2011 9:00 pm

MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

I'm should OK for this one (Soviet) but I'll probably have to come down on Friday.

Any idea what the game start and end times are and when we can get on-site on Friday? Are there any camping spots or is it all 'in building'.

Weapons say K98, Moisin, MP40 or PPsH. How about my SVT40?

Cheers
Martin

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/10/2011 9:08 am

Boshman
(@boshman)
Noble Member

I'm should OK for this one (Soviet) but I'll probably have to come down on Friday.

Any idea what the game start and end times are and when we can get on-site on Friday? Are there any camping spots or is it all 'in building'.

Weapons say K98, Moisin, MP40 or PPsH. How about my SVT40?

Cheers
Martin

"Camping" will be all in building although it should be possible to pitch a tent somewhere if you really want to although it would be a little way away from the main car park and safe zone building as that is all built on hard standing.

Friday arrival is no problem, we will confirm earliest arrival time ASAP.

A full weapons list will be published very shortly. All of the ones you mentioned Martin are a definite yes :good: E-tools or shovels are also recommended for the Russians. You will get the oportunity to use them! :wink:

“I wanted to come to the Volga at a specific location at a specific city. By chance it carries the name of Stalin himself. So don’t think I marched there for this reason – it could carry another name – but because there is a very important goal... this goal I wanted to take – and you know – we are very modest, we have it already."
Adolf Hitler, November 1942

"Comrades, Red Army men, commanders and political workers, men and women guerrillas! It is on your perseverance, staunchness, fighting skill and readiness to discharge your duty to the country that the defeat of the German-fascist army and the liberation of the Soviet land from the Hitlerite invaders depend! We can and must clear the Soviet land of Hitlerite vermin."
Joseph Stalin, November 1942

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/10/2011 9:39 am

MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

Thanks, I never go anwhere without my e-tool. The 'soldiers friend' :)

Cheers
Martin

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/10/2011 9:50 am

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Duh, I forgot the SVT40 - and G41, if anybody's got one! (I guess Del's G43 could pass for one.) :good:

Places secured by payment, as always.

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/10/2011 4:50 pm

Sgt.Heide
(@sgt-heide)
Illustrious Member

Not sure if I've missed it, or, if it's already been asked but, short "combat mission" type games, or one rolling scenario?

When I want your opinion - I'll tell you what it is!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/10/2011 8:39 pm

_rich_
(@_rich_)
Estimable Member

can i bring a Willy's jeep ? German liberated of course :) with this get 2 krauts in for free ,ie me & otto ?

WW2 Amory
Axis
MG34
STG44
MP40,s
K98 Springer Sniper Rifle
Luger P08
MP40-BF
PPK-BF
KMZ/BMW R71 Combo
--------------------------------------------
Allied