Notifications
Clear all

A pleasant suprise

Page 2 / 2

Moss
 Moss
(@moss)
Prominent Member

Cheers for that, I'll check those measurements against something I already have to see what's what.

Thanks, Moss.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/09/2016 4:41 pm

(@lord-elpus)
Prominent Member

I shall wear this and wash it when it's good and grubby,( hopefully won't shrink! ) to give a used look, I won't be buying a winter "telegroika" ( if I spelt that right) as this will probably the only winter game I do, we'll see. I have some khaki trousers which I think will pass muster, but if they look " kakky" when I fit it all together I can maybe stretch to buying the correct item.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 22/09/2016 4:53 pm

BootedFeet
(@bootedfeet)
Honorable Member

I shall wear this and wash it when it's good and grubby,( hopefully won't shrink! ) to give a used look, I won't be buying a winter "telegroika" ( if I spelt that right) as this will probably the only winter game I do, we'll see. I have some khaki trousers which I think will pass muster, but if they look " kakky" when I fit it all together I can maybe stretch to buying the correct item.

A cheaper option, if you can find them is post war M69 or 'Obr.69' breeches. Look outwardly identical to the WW2 model and shouldn't cost the earth

I've fired a bullet on every continent. Nearly hit someone, too.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/09/2016 5:47 pm

(@lord-elpus)
Prominent Member

Cheers for that info, I will look for some, someone did mention them before, and I started to look, but must of got distracted by something else, you have just reminded me.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 22/09/2016 7:50 pm

BootedFeet
(@bootedfeet)
Honorable Member

Been on another thread, tank gunner posted pic's of Russian winter combat troops,( they were about alternative weapons) wearing belts with two prong buckles! Now I don't care, I've already got bits to make a single prong buckle belt, would they have been Soviet issue? Or captured equipment. Seeing as there were a few million Soviet soldiers kicking about by the end of the war I would have thought inconsistency in uniform and equipment would have been rife! I also suspect they might have consumed the odd litre of vodka as well!

You actually caught me out here, whoops. I was aware that such a belt existed, photos of NKVD officers (Commissars) usually show them wearing a brown leather claw belt, however that photo was the first time I had seen regular infantrymen wearing it. I would assume, though I am open to correction that these men belong to an NKVD rifle division, and were issued such belts as they were what the NKVD had in it's stores. Only speculation though.

I've fired a bullet on every continent. Nearly hit someone, too.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/09/2016 8:56 pm

(@lord-elpus)
Prominent Member

Just been on a M69 breeches search for a couple of hours..............nothing! Will look again another time. Repro's found so far costing about £59, on average. Plenty of time yet to get some.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 22/09/2016 9:44 pm

Page 2 / 2

Share: