Notifications
Clear all

Russians. Who'se up for a bit of soviet kit..

Page 1 / 5

Gadge
(@gadge)
Illustrious Member

Right just wondering given the ridiculous cheapness who woudl be interested in puting together russian kit.

At presetn their is bugger all point anyone orgnaising a ostfront game as nobody has russian kit (well about three airsofters i know of)

Looking about has shown that you can get *everything* for about

"I think we are in rats' alley - Where the dead men lost their bones."

Topic starter Posted : 27/07/2007 4:47 pm

Helga Geerhart
(@helga-geerhart)
Famed Member

Isn't there the option of partisan as well for the ruski's ? I think I'd be more inclined to opt that way but I could be swayed .... maybes (just don't let che see this post :lol: )

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2007 4:49 pm

dieselmonkey
(@dieselmonkey)
Noble Member

yup, as i've mentioned to you, i'm def. up for this as a Russian sniper

I'll be going with/wanting to order:

M43 uniform
Shinel Greatcoat
M40 helmet/ fur hat
Webbing Set
Mosin pouches
Nagant Holster

and all going well, i'll be using my converted Mosin/MP001 sniper rifle and a revolver when it's finished and when it arrives, respectively.

Just ordered a pair of replacement German jackboots which should do as the footwear.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2007 4:59 pm

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I might get myself in the fight for the gloryous Motherland.

My main reason for not doing one so far is the lack of Airsoft Russian weapons. Saying that though a PPSh41 conversion might make an interesting project.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2007 5:34 pm

dieselmonkey
(@dieselmonkey)
Noble Member

a PPSh41 conversion might make an interesting project.

it'll probably be my next project after the mosin and thompson m1928 ones i've got on the go at the moment are out of the way.

i was planning on using a cheapsoft M14 as the donor, i've got a set of blueprints for the ppsh which i need to clean up. i'll put them on here eventually, but you can find them if you google for 'ppsh41 blueprints'

the awkward bit is fabricating the combination receiver/barrel housing as it's all one piece and made of pressed steel.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2007 6:05 pm

Barrie and Anne
(@barrie-and-anne)
Noble Member

Count us in.

In fact, we already have a couple of Russian (actually Serbian) helmets bought at Beltring for just this purpose. Not sure if they're absolutely right but they seem a good likeness. Might put a picture up to see what people think.

Bolt action rifles sound good too, but would rather just use it as a normal rifle instead of pretending to be a sniper. The bolt on the mp001 is so smooth it's possible to keep up quite a rapid fire.

Gadge - we need more pictures of you handily modelling what we need to get. You know you're just waiting for an excuse lol.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2007 7:31 pm

(@old-un)
Illustrious Member

Isn't there the option of partisan as well for the ruski's ? I think I'd be more inclined to opt that way but I could be swayed .... maybes (just don't let che see this post :lol: )

Yep , Partisans woud also be a cracking way of allowing an Eastern Front scenario without shed loads of expense.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2007 7:36 pm

(@barcelona-blom)
Noble Member

Yep , Partisans woud also be a cracking way of allowing an Eastern Front scenario without shed loads of expense.

If you go partisan you can wear bits of German camo and kit aswell.

If its passed 9 there is a 95% chance im pissed.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2007 7:37 pm

(@old-un)
Illustrious Member

Possibly, although I suspect we'd look to have them more along the normal resistance lines . Re russian a suitable Helmet and greatcoat might do as a first quicky impression .

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2007 7:40 pm

(@barcelona-blom)
Noble Member

Possibly, although I suspect we'd look to have them more along the normal resistance lines . Re russian a suitable Helmet and greatcoat might do as a first quicky impression .

Also i would like to include pitchforks lol

If its passed 9 there is a 95% chance im pissed.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2007 7:42 pm

Gadge
(@gadge)
Illustrious Member

Soviets made extensive use of cpatured webbing and small arms but not so much camo or uniform, far too much chance of blue on blue.

Even captured belt buckles were 'converted' by cutting out some metal to make it a star shape.

Soon as i get my kit i'll model it.

Like to see the serbian helmets, i'm going for an m40, its archetypal, looks good and most of all is about

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/07/2007 8:02 pm

Helga Geerhart
(@helga-geerhart)
Famed Member

and the partisan side of things ?? there was no answer :?:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2007 8:09 pm

Gadge
(@gadge)
Illustrious Member

Give me five mins, ill scan some uniform pics

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/07/2007 8:12 pm

Helga Geerhart
(@helga-geerhart)
Famed Member

TA sorry to be a pest :oops: but I have to work out what the definitions of partisan maybes for this if that makes sense and how gurlie I could be for a change :twisted:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2007 8:15 pm

Gadge
(@gadge)
Illustrious Member

Some pics, please excuse the flash flare.

Right here's a stereotypical partisan:

And here's the late 42 t 43 riflemans outfit i'm going for:

Naval infantry, easy to do with black clothes and stripy shirt:

And some red army scouts and snipers:

early war cam worn by engineers, airborne, scouts and snipers

Late war, becoming more widespread in the above roles and evn in some infantry units

Best but is that women fought in front line roles as snipers, tank crew, radio operators and fighter pilots - pretty equal opportunities for 1940s.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/07/2007 8:40 pm

Helga Geerhart
(@helga-geerhart)
Famed Member

I know thats why I thought I'd go female :twisted: will have to speak to a couple of lassies I know that reenact ruski for some pointers me thinks :twisted:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2007 8:43 pm

dieselmonkey
(@dieselmonkey)
Noble Member

TA sorry to be a pest :oops: but I have to work out what the definitions of partisan maybes for this if that makes sense and how gurlie I could be for a change :twisted:

pretty much *any* period winter clothing would be acceptable, this pic for example:

seems to show a female partisan wearing a sheepskin coat, whereas this one:

shows one in a padded russian uniform, and the other with a russian raincape.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2007 8:44 pm

Helga Geerhart
(@helga-geerhart)
Famed Member

ta evo :D I hope some of ruskis are at scabby castle tomorrow now :twisted: wonder if che would part with the K98 though knowing am on the other side ....... :lol:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2007 8:59 pm

JD7
 JD7
(@jd7)
Illustrious Member

I might get a russian loadout

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2007 9:05 pm

Joseph Porta
(@joseph-porta)
Famed Member

ive got some "classic" propaganda partisan portraits, ill post em up over the weekend

im thinking of a soviet partisan loadout

"Take that you rotton helping of strawberry flan!"
Joseph Porta to "strawberrys and cream", in the sven hassel book ,ogpu prison

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2007 9:51 pm

Page 1 / 5

Share: