Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] EVENT POSTPONED

Page 2 / 2

Hurrah
(@hurrah)
Reputable Member

Damned shame. :cry:

Sadly (soon to be lack of) work problems got in the way of booking and even if I did, attendance would not have been certain. Though I doubt one more would have tipped it.
Still If I could have swung it, I was was looking forward to a bit of pipe wrench of entrenching tool action! :giggle:

To the tune of "Mademoiselle from Armentières"

Napoleons army ran away, As you do
The guard stood firm for Frances Pride, As you do
They said the guard will stand and die
But we heard what their Colonel cried
It wasn't pretty I tell you.

Resistance is fertile

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/09/2013 4:27 pm

dadio
(@dadio)
Famed Member

i still believe a note on the booking thread to the affect that "we need this many people booked by this date to make this game viable" might be a simple step to make people aware of the deadlines involved and maybe stump up the dosh sooner if it looks low on numbers close to the deadline.

armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/09/2013 5:36 pm

cjw957
(@cjw957)
Famed Member

i still believe a note on the booking thread to the effect that "we need this many people booked by this date to make this game viable" might be a simple step to make people aware of the deadlines involved and maybe stump up the dosh sooner if it looks low on numbers close to the deadline.

i think thats a really good idea :) , and i will adopt that for the ones we will be doing :)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/10/2013 3:41 pm

(@bigkie)
Prominent Member

i still believe a note on the booking thread to the effect that "we need this many people booked by this date to make this game viable" might be a simple step to make people aware of the deadlines involved and maybe stump up the dosh sooner if it looks low on numbers close to the deadline.

i think thats a really good idea :) , and i will adopt that for the ones we will be doing :)

Myself and Lardy did this for Luga and were fully booked a month before game so its deffo something that works and allows everyone to know where they stand.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/10/2013 9:23 pm

(@pvtjohnny)
Reputable Member

I tend to go the other way and book on quickly, thus committing myself and so having to go. It works for me as it forces you to prioritise funds :good:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/11/2013 3:34 pm

fremsley
(@fremsley)
Prominent Member

Oh bum. My own fault for not getting on and booking up. Let us know when we can re-book. BTW do we still have to do this every time we mention Stalingrad?

I'm a hero with coward's legs.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/11/2013 2:34 pm

MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

BTW do we still have to do this every time we mention Stalingrad?

I don't think so, Porta ran a successful Stalingrad game earlier this year, so I'd say the curse is broken.

Games not running is just one of those things.

Cheers
Martin

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/11/2013 9:04 am

Page 2 / 2

Share: