[Sticky] EVENT POSTPONED

27 Posts
20 Users
0 Likes
Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Well, the curse of Stalingrad strikes once more.

Apologies everybody, but we are clearly not going to get the numbers for this one. Refunds have all been issued.

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

Posted : 24/09/2013 4:47 pm
(@prideofengland)
Noble Member

Sorry to hear this lads, I probably would not have been able to make it as My van is in the garage for major repairs leaving me skint, but it sounded like you all had some great idea's for the game. Good luck with your next one, we all think AGS Rock :rocker:

Posted : 24/09/2013 5:15 pm
Universal Gunner
(@universal-gunner)
Reputable Member

This is a great shame. Very upset to hear it. Sorry for all at AGS after all the hard work they've put in and personally gutted as I seem to be having very little luck getting to any games this year.

I have a small skewer hidden in the collar of my jumping jacket, and a razorblade in my gaiter, as well as my knife.

Posted : 24/09/2013 6:11 pm
(@bigkie)
Prominent Member

Bad luck guys, truly the curse strikes again. Sure you will be back with something awesome in the near future.

Posted : 24/09/2013 6:15 pm
major malfunction
(@major-malfunction)
Estimable Member

sad to hear this was planning to book on friday . really enjoyed your crete game so was looking forward to this . i will keep an eye out for your next game .

The Devonshire regiment.
brighton based

Posted : 24/09/2013 8:43 pm
cjw957
(@cjw957)
Famed Member

gutted for you , would have loved to come but , just too far for us :( even then we were tempted but my wife sitters are away that week :(

Posted : 24/09/2013 8:56 pm
Universal Gunner
(@universal-gunner)
Reputable Member

Drunkenly on tube home so forgive this. But I just don't get this. It can't be AGS related they run some of the best WW2 airsoft events - Il Giogo, Sevastopol, Crete. This is two great events they've had to cancel - still upset about Chariot! - what's the problem? Is it simply location?

I have a small skewer hidden in the collar of my jumping jacket, and a razorblade in my gaiter, as well as my knife.

Posted : 24/09/2013 11:12 pm
(@wladek)
Famed Member

Well, as you asked (I know they didn't ask, but they might be wondering - though we did speek with Boshman and steiner briefly the other weekend )AGS do run good games, but for us there were 2 reasons:

1. As their name implies they are in the south, we are in the north - Getting to Portsmouth for a Saturday would be pretty much impossible for me, and very difficult for the others. Plus we (well, they as I could not make it) already traveled down to the Crete game this year, there is a general reluctance to travel so far south twice in a year. I believe you have to travel for the hobby, we do travel for the hobby, but we can only do so much.

2. It's another Russian game, we have already been to two this year (in fact it is all I have got to attend as I missed Crete/ran the other) and as, for the majority of out little 'gang', it is a secondary/tertiary/not-evan-an impression it was generally considerd 'too much to do Soviet again'.

The first point is the major one though - so yes, it is primarily location. If it was Soviet and not a 4 hour trip each way then we would probably go (even if we chuntered to ourselves).

Posted : 24/09/2013 11:28 pm
Universal Gunner
(@universal-gunner)
Reputable Member

Damn this geography thingy. Understand totally. I simply couldn't make it up to Pavlov's House with everything else that was happening at that time - increasingly disappointed about that. I've not played Russian since Sevastopol last year (over 18 months ago) so look at the pile of Schuster gear in the wardrobe and increasingly wonder why I bothered. Similarly the US stuff hasn't been used since Bastogne and I guess it may also have at least 18 months sojourn. Part of this is of course the fault of the organisers of the few events there have been this year for thoughtlessly arranging them for weekends I am already busy [some sort of weird face indicating I do not really blame the organisers][another face indicating may be I actually do][last face indicating no, not really].

As mentioned in a previous earlier thread I LOVE WW2 Airsoft but it just doesn't seem to be coming together for me this year. I just hope the organisers do not lose heart. I am trying to come to the games I can but they keep being pulled out from underneath me.

There are a lot of people in the South, the price is hardly exorbitant for a day's gaming, transport connections are easy with Portsmouth at the end of the A3 and there was even the dockworkers route for those who did not have Russian or German. Hugely disappointing.

Are we really this few?

Posted : 25/09/2013 12:01 am
dadio
(@dadio)
Famed Member

totally gutted , in future can we just call it "the Russian game" like they do in the theatre for "the Scottish play" Mc Beth. truly a great shame that it could not go on and i feel for all involved in the planning.

armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

Posted : 25/09/2013 5:12 am
Steinlager
(@steinlager)
Reputable Member

Real shame, was so looking forward to this. Good idea to call it the Russian game from now on.

Posted : 25/09/2013 8:19 am
MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

Sorry about this too. If I could have got the time off to come down Friday afternoon I would have come but I have a non-optional work event which doesn't finish until 5pm on the Friday and four hours down the M1/M40/A34 on a November Friday night just wasn't going to happen.

I can't make Hells Highway either. Boo.

Cheers
Martin

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.
Arnhem3,Gumrak,Campoleone

Posted : 25/09/2013 8:55 am
rabbitspacker
(@rabbitspacker)
Honorable Member

Shame looking forward to event,thanks for refund. :cry:

Posted : 25/09/2013 3:23 pm
 Yith
(@yith)
Illustrious Member

To add to Wladek's reasons I'd say also that I've played several games at the Portsmouth tunnels and I'm afraid it didn't grab me enough to travel that far. The act of losing a tooth to CQB earlier in the year hasn't helped me warm to the idea of going to another CQB game either.

Posted : 25/09/2013 4:28 pm
(@lardassmonkey)
Famed Member

A damn shame as I was looking forward to making a weekend of it 'darn saarf'. A trip back to the tunnels after a long break would have been nice and hoped to book after I got paid.

Posted : 25/09/2013 7:30 pm
(@mattywheels)
Noble Member

Really sorry to hear this, I would have been keen to but this year just hasn't worked out for events for me. The support is still there guys, don't lose heart!

Posted : 28/09/2013 8:12 am
Tarnish
(@tarnish)
Estimable Member

Location in a lot of game cancellations has to be a factor, but that's sadly a fact of life. A game needs a location and no matter where it is it'll be out of range for someone. That has been my issue with WW2 Airsoft, with fuel costs and life in general the chance of me attending most events is non existant as I live down south. Fact is at present I can't justify the cost of any airsoft at all, I've done a handful of reenactment events this year which don't have the same cost attached that airsoft does. All the best for the next attempt at the "Russian Game".
:smile:

Sent from my Sony Xperia Mini using Tapatalk 2

-Marc-

4th Wilts LHG

WW2 armoury: WA M1911A1 SCW, TM M1A1 TSMG, AGM STEN Mk2, AGM MP40, S&S M1 Garand.

Posted : 28/09/2013 9:19 am
Seanebabes
(@seanebabes)
Reputable Member

Just the wrong weekend for me. I'm stuck on alternate weekends and that was not one I could make. Sorry chaps. Hope to make the next one. :good:

Posted : 29/09/2013 10:58 pm
Pete_59
(@pete_59)
Noble Member

Bugger! :cry: I was really looking forward to this, I delayed booking on as I had to wait until I got paid, (which I did on Friday), and work out if I could afford it, which I could :D and then I came on here and found it had been postponed :(

I hope you re-schedule it at the same venue as I really like playing in the tunnels :good:

Posted : 30/09/2013 7:50 am
(@prideofengland)
Noble Member

Bugger! :cry: I delayed booking on as I had to wait until I got paid,:

I must admit I tend to leave booking on games untill the last minute as money is tight. Perhaps this is a lesson to all of us that if we expect game organisers to risk a financial loss by putting games on for us we need to book on earlier to avoid dissapointment. Not easy though in the current financial climate :slap:

Posted : 30/09/2013 8:19 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: