Notifications
Clear all

Krauts at Crete

Page 1 / 4

cdfw
 cdfw
(@cdfw)
Reputable Member

We have a Brits at Crete topic that runs to 5 pages... Maybe we should have a Krauts at Crete one also.. Just a thought..

'Non adepto demens. Adepto etiam'
War does not show who is right, only who is left..

Topic starter Posted : 21/02/2013 11:33 pm

(@prideofengland)
Noble Member

Yes I heartily agree, If the Brits can discuss what fashion, haircuts and make up their wearing then so should we :wink:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/02/2013 6:58 am

(@lardassmonkey)
Famed Member

Well come on then, what is everyone wearing sweeties? :ghey:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/02/2013 9:57 am

(@crowley)
Estimable Member

I shall be in green jump smock and flieger blouse, jump trousers and plain green helmet cover.

Yikes! I'll be hot, going to dump the flieger as soon as I land! After finding my main weapon and equipment of course. Any suggestions about what to make drop canisters from? Does the scenario call for drop canisters or are we glider troops :-)

Andy.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/02/2013 10:25 am

(@prideofengland)
Noble Member

Planning on homemade green jump smock, their was talk of Gordon making a drop cannister :good:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/02/2013 4:30 pm

(@lardassmonkey)
Famed Member

I'd assume the AGS would have a drop canister or two for use. There were some around in the past. I think Josh has 2 allied ones but I don't know what happened to the rest.

I plan to be all in green with my blue k98 bandolier. I'll be sticking with wools regardless just because I'm stupid like that. Weapons wise I'll have P38 and hopefully my G33/40.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/02/2013 4:42 pm

Conrad Uno
(@conrad-uno)
Estimable Member

What about GJ ?
I know they only wore wool at Crete, but do you think I can get away without shelling out on a wool tunic ? I've got wool M43 trousers, but at the moment the only German tunic I've got is HBT.

So would this be acceptable - HBT tunic and trouser with edelweiss sleeve insignia and green piped s/boards, Bergmutze with Edelweiss and puttees.

cheers

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/02/2013 6:54 pm

dadio
(@dadio)
Famed Member

i'll be in a flieger bluse for the drop with splinter b smock ,field grey trousers , fj helmet and jump boots.pistol wise it will either be my mouser m712 or a ppk, probably the mouser as the ppk is only 180 fps unless it gets really hot.main weapon will be my k98 unless we are short on support weapons in witch case the bren can have its barrel swapped for the vz zb 26 look.
at might be worth working out what people are going to be shooting with as well, so we can sort out squads etc...

armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/02/2013 8:15 pm

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Drop cannisters will be supplied.

Conrad Uno, please put up a request in kit wanted section, with your size. There are a number of guys with spare tunics. :good:

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/02/2013 8:32 pm

dadio
(@dadio)
Famed Member

What about GJ ?
I know they only wore wool at Crete, but do you think I can get away without shelling out on a wool tunic ? I've got wool M43 trousers, but at the moment the only German tunic I've got is HBT.

So would this be acceptable - HBT tunic and trouser with edelweiss sleeve insignia and green piped s/boards, Bergmutze with Edelweiss and puttees.

cheers

wool's the look until you kill a brit and take his shorts of him.... hmmm i see a game objective coming along :rofl:
seriously ask Hanschen Klein or Agent Orange how to make a good flieger bluse,they have just cut the collars off and dye'd a cheep swiss i think blouse,all you need is the collar if you wear a smock over it as that's all you see and you stay cooler.

armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/02/2013 8:42 pm

(@crowley)
Estimable Member

Hi, can you advise me, a mate would like to come along but doesn't have the green smock, would a 2nd pattern splinter smock be OK? it's a 'step in' without the flare holster. Thanks Andy.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/02/2013 8:55 pm

Conrad Uno
(@conrad-uno)
Estimable Member

Conrad Uno, please put up a request in kit wanted section, with your size. There are a number of guys with spare tunics. :good:

If we're all going for wools, I'll start saving now :lol: It's about time I got a decent wool tunic anyway...

cheers

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/02/2013 9:11 pm

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Hi, can you advise me, a mate would like to come along but doesn't have the green smock, would a 2nd pattern splinter smock be OK? it's a 'step in' without the flare holster. Thanks Andy.

Hello, yes that would be fine. :good:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/02/2013 10:46 pm

cdfw
 cdfw
(@cdfw)
Reputable Member

ask Hanschen Klein or Agent Orange how to make a good flieger bluse,they have just cut the collars off and dye'd a cheep swiss i think blouse,all you need is the collar if you wear a smock over it as that's all you see and you stay cooler.

I saw the one razorlight made but would be very interested to get the low down on converting/cutting down/dying to make a flieger bluse.

'Non adepto demens. Adepto etiam'
War does not show who is right, only who is left..

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 23/02/2013 11:40 am

Hänschen klein
(@hanschen-klein)
Famed Member

ask Hanschen Klein or Agent Orange how to make a good flieger bluse,they have just cut the collars off and dye'd a cheep swiss i think blouse,all you need is the collar if you wear a smock over it as that's all you see and you stay cooler.

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=16583 Enjoy :D

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/02/2013 12:31 pm

(@bigkie)
Prominent Member

Question, for FJ lids what would be an acceptable colour? was it grey or green or was there a complete mix and match?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/02/2013 2:36 pm

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

At that stage, LW blue or plain grey/green would be best. (I'm afraid I'm no expert on LW helmet colours - Lardy?) Please, no "Normandie" painted lids - it screams... well, June 1944! I still have a splinter helmet cover to lend if anybody wants to cover up a Normandie paint job.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/02/2013 2:45 pm

Sgt.Heide
(@sgt-heide)
Illustrious Member

I'll be wearing a German uniform. All of this namby pamby fashion talk should be left to the Brit's! :ghey:

When I want your opinion - I'll tell you what it is!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/02/2013 8:04 pm

Zero Bravo
(@zero-bravo)
Famed Member

Feldgrau and a K98, 'nuff said :twisted:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/02/2013 8:13 pm

CHThree
(@chthree)
Noble Member

I remember every detail. The Germans wore grey, you wore blue.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/02/2013 11:10 pm

Page 1 / 4

Share: