Notifications
Clear all

British Infantry at the Longest Day

Allenby
(@allenby)
Noble Member

Right chaps, wondered how many of you are bringing your Enfield's or whether you're breaking out your Thompson and Sten guns?

I know we have a section of ever dependable Royal Marines joining us, but what are the rest of you going as?

Topic starter Posted : 17/11/2014 6:29 pm

Ox&Bucks
(@oxbucks)
Estimable Member

I am planning on hiring a gun from Gunman so depends what I get from them.

Uniform, I am in the standard 37 pattern battledress and webbing. All unbadged.

Current Arsenal: ICS Grease Gun, ICS M1 Garand, MP40, Viva Arms Sten Mk2.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/11/2014 6:39 pm

Russe11
(@russe11)
Honorable Member

I plan to use my airborne gear and Sten. My SMLE won't work until I can get new mags for it, probably in May :(
I may bring my Aussie uniform for the evenings, it'll either get me a free glass of wine or a bar job :rofl:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/11/2014 2:40 am

MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

Although I'm German for this one, for Joshs weekenders as British I usually use an SMG on Saturday and a bolt action on Sunday. Seems to work OK, it partly depends how much of a hail of SMG fire you are up against from the other side.

Cheers
Martin

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/11/2014 8:45 am

Luiluei
(@luiluei)
Noble Member

I guess the hail will be very little as it looks like we won't even have a MG in our squad. But I guess the D-Day experience would have hail of fire from the Germans and most man with standard rifles storming the beach.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/11/2014 9:14 am

Universal Gunner
(@universal-gunner)
Reputable Member

Well my logic ran that if Brit were going to be close to US troops on D-Day then that would need to be on the very Western flank of Gold Beach and probably 47 RM Commando or I plumped for 61st Reconnaissance Regiment from 50th Division.

I shall be bringing my Sten and my Thompson and if both those pack up my Garand.

Cheers
Charlie

I have a small skewer hidden in the collar of my jumping jacket, and a razorblade in my gaiter, as well as my knife.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/11/2014 10:17 am

Allenby
(@allenby)
Noble Member

Very good logic, Charlie. :good:

The Sten or the Thompson it is then. I'm only down for the Saturday unfortunately. May bring the Enfield as an emergency back up as I've only got to look at a gun usually and it disintegrates and dies. :wink:

If it's pissing it down I'll bring the camo smock.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 18/11/2014 2:20 pm

Zero Bravo
(@zero-bravo)
Famed Member

Who said we don't have an Mg?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/11/2014 2:36 pm

Allenby
(@allenby)
Noble Member

Nice one mate! Hate to think I'd readied the bloodied bandages for nothing!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 18/11/2014 4:35 pm

Luiluei
(@luiluei)
Noble Member

Who said we don't have an Mg?

Well, the 716th infantry does not have one. Might want to join the infantry as SS unit seems "depleted" before the battle starts.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/11/2014 7:00 pm

Zero Bravo
(@zero-bravo)
Famed Member

Yeah I'm like Billy no mates on the SS so I may as well join forces :)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/11/2014 9:02 pm

StevF99
(@stevf99)
Estimable Member

I intend to use the Enfield, though will be bringing the Sten and Thompson as a backup. Going badged up as 1/5th Queens Royal (West Surrey).

Will be bringing the early version 2in mortar that fires TSLFX rounds, just in case... And the PIAT as long as the MOSCARTs work...

Steve

SnS SMLE, SnS No.4, ASG Sten gun, King Arms M1928A1, Projector Infantry Anti Tank, MkII 2" Mortar, Vickers .303

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/11/2014 5:11 pm

(@fn-5-ed)

Uh..... "PIAT"? Scheiße!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/11/2014 7:20 pm

fremsley
(@fremsley)
Prominent Member

KSLI mortar team (aided by a Yankee).

I'm a hero with coward's legs.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/11/2014 7:42 pm

Allenby
(@allenby)
Noble Member

Looking at the booking thread I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better to jump over to Jerry; almost full bookings for Allied but the Wehrmacht seem thin on the ground!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 20/11/2014 4:47 pm

BootedFeet
(@bootedfeet)
Honorable Member

Looking at the booking thread I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better to jump over to Jerry; almost full bookings for Allied but the Wehrmacht seem thin on the ground!

In all seriousness you'd be more than welcome in the 716th, Lutz will probably get you a space in the 716th yurt (you'd have to clear that with him though) and I'll have a surplus of beer to throw at you. Only if you wanted to of course.

I've fired a bullet on every continent. Nearly hit someone, too.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2014 4:57 pm

Allenby
(@allenby)
Noble Member

I'm staying at a Travelodge up the road. They've booked me in to their dedicated 'sad bastard' suite. :good:

I'll bring my German kit just in case. :wink:

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 20/11/2014 6:28 pm

Share: