Notifications
Clear all

Photos and reports

Page 1 / 3

macscrooge
(@macscrooge)
Trusted Member

Just a quick post to thank everyone involved yesterday. As a fan of woodland sites I was quite happy with the location, and we seemed to use quite a lot of the area available. A particular highlight for me was being driven around at what felt like high speed in Claude the truck. Now I understand why in photos of soldiers in lorries they all seem to be smiling! It would have been nice if the Allies hadn't been so well organised - it now looks as if we'll struggle to achieve 'final victory' after all!

Finally, please post you photos (I always forget my camera) and if you're happy for me to use them on my blog please make this clear. I wrote up the Il Giogo game a few month ago http://megablitzandmore.blogspot.com/se ... el/Airsoft

See you all at future games!

Tim

http://megablitzandmore.blogspot.com/

Topic starter Posted : 16/10/2011 9:19 am

marsha
(@marsha)
Noble Member

well had great time Americans did fantastic on the day we really pushed the germans back big time
i would write more to behonest i'm still knackered
well done to the CIA team for putting this together looking forward to the next CIA game :good:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/10/2011 11:10 am

Broadsword
(@broadsword)
Estimable Member

Yes - a massive thanks to the organisers. I'm completely knackered today after lugging god knows how many pounds of gear, water and spare weapons round in the bergan all day. I was expecting things to have been a little more static ! Still, it makes up for having lived in a hotel all week eating burgers and not going to the gym.

But well done - very atmospheric, awesome site that really looked like Italy, especially in the amazing sunshine. It was very easy to be completely immersed in the atmosphere. Loved it. More action than I expected, but that was all good, and I never managed to get through more than half my ammo in any one go, so it obviously wasn't your normal airsoft blat-fest.

What's next :)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/10/2011 11:41 am

(@ghost)
Eminent Member

well done to the CIA team for putting this together looking forward to the next CIA game :good:

Was my first CIA run event and it deffo wont be the last :happyclap: :happyclap:

I agree with Marsha really well organised by you guys. Top marks to Pete and his underlings :ghey: always felt the brits had a definitive objective even when being backdoored by the hun :rofl: (and occasionally the yanks :slap: )

Top class event roll on the next one :good: :good:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/10/2011 11:59 am

(@prideofengland)
Noble Member

Massive thanks to the organisers, had a great day :good:

Some photo's attached, sorry about the poor quality, I am as blind as a bat up close to the camera without my glasses so just point and hope :slap:

First up, moving out in Claude.-- attachment is not available ---- attachment is not available --

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/10/2011 1:30 pm

(@prideofengland)
Noble Member

The advance to the ridgeline-- attachment is not available ---- attachment is not available ---- attachment is not available --

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/10/2011 1:39 pm

(@pvtjohnny)
Reputable Member

What a top event! Thanks to Pete, Guy and Steven for all their effort once again! I for 1 really appreciate it! Good to see loads of new faces and the Wanks (welsh yanks) again, they always bring something different (this time tramadol)! Great standards in kit and gamesmanship by all! Enjoyed my battlefield promotion to lance corp and must say my section never moaned and followed orders to the letter! Special metion for the job we did getting up theat 1st hill and rolling up their defences! The rest of the game was just as good, with plenty suspence, confusion, trigger time and dead enemy under foot! Tho I couldve done without the realism of my sten jamming every 5 minutes. Enjoyed the social too, with some great stories (lou the cat was hilarious)! Can't wait for the next CIA event and to meet up with all again! Cheers guys and well played to all!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/10/2011 2:38 pm

Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Great to see and meet so many new and new-ish players. Thanks to the organisers for their efforts - I heard not one single moan from players about anything all day long. Well done everyone! :good:

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/10/2011 3:08 pm

MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

A very enjoyable day out, good site and lovely weather. Thanks to the organisers for all their efforts in making it such a good day, just a shame we got so blatted by the Allies in the afternoon! Highlights for me were lying in wait for the Allies in the morning, patrolling in the woods in afternoon and of course riding in the big bumpy army truck :)

Pics to follow soon.

Cheers
Martin

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/10/2011 6:41 pm

(@prideofengland)
Noble Member

Regrouping after being pushed of the ridgeline-- attachment is not available ---- attachment is not available ---- attachment is not available --

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/10/2011 6:55 pm

(@prideofengland)
Noble Member

Our hastily constructed defences in the woods, unfortunately outflanked by the allies......that was just not cricket!-- attachment is not available ---- attachment is not available ---- attachment is not available --

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/10/2011 6:58 pm

(@prideofengland)
Noble Member

Had a great day, particularly enjoyed Steiners probing patrol at start of game, A fellow German breaking into some marching song as the allies attacked the pillboxes at the top of the ridgeline (What was that song?), the transport Claude and of course the social :good:

Great to put some more faces to the names from the forum.

And well done to whoever got a direct hit on my foxhole with a grenade, that was some throw :cry:

And final pics, the pioneers at work and rest-- attachment is not available ---- attachment is not available --

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/10/2011 7:07 pm

HeadShot
(@headshot)
Illustrious Member

And well done to whoever got a direct hit on my foxhole with a grenade, that was some throw :cry:

That would be me! The first, and probably only, time I've ever managed to get a decent thrown pyro kill!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/10/2011 7:17 pm

django
(@django)
Reputable Member

Had a great day, particularly enjoyed Steiners probing patrol at start of game, A fellow German breaking into some marching song as the allies attacked the pillboxes at the top of the ridgeline (What was that song?), the transport Claude and of course the social :good:

Great to put some more faces to the names from the forum.

And final pics, the pioneers at work and rest

and that will be me sitting on my arse and also me taking a leak. not quite the action pics i was thinking of..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/10/2011 7:30 pm

MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

Ok, here are a few. Waiting for the off and forming up.
-- attachment is not available --

Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/10/2011 8:00 pm

MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

Waiting for orders in the woods.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/10/2011 8:06 pm

(@prideofengland)
Noble Member

and that will be me sitting on my arse and also me taking a leak. not quite the action pics i was thinking of..

Sorry john :oops: didnt realise you were taking a leak, thought were just playing with yourself :lol:
Always the same though when gamers take pics, no time during the fighting

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/10/2011 8:07 pm

MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

Reforming after being wiped out in the woods!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/10/2011 8:10 pm

django
(@django)
Reputable Member

yes indeed, as we were too busy dying!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/10/2011 8:11 pm

MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

The mighty Germans!-- attachment is not available --

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/10/2011 8:13 pm

Page 1 / 3

Share: