Another G43-alike b...

Notifications
Clear all

Another G43-alike build

(@jimmiroquai)
Estimable Member

Hi all. This build was mainly inspired by the new short m14 mags by MAG (60rounds). I was bored and found a very cheap M14 for sale and i thought i'd go ahead and build a G43-alike. At first, i wanted to try to build an accurate replica of the G43, but because i couldn't find anyone that could make a stock from scratch for me (repro g43 wood stock will not be feasible), i just decided to build a cheap stopgap G43.

This started out as a Cyma full length M14. Slightly reshaped the stock to look more G43-ish. Will continue reshaping. Carved out a top handguard out of scrap wood. Cut down the receiver until i had only the magwell and barrel attachment.

Next, i actually made use of the plastic M14 top handguard to make the rear sight base and the receiver. With Sintra PVC board for details.

Not an exact replica and not meant to be one. Again, just a stopgap until i have the means and materials to build a much more exact model.

More to come.

Topic starter Posted : 22/02/2013 6:29 am
(@jimmiroquai)
Estimable Member

Update:

A little more work on the externals. Charging handle from a spare AGM sten shell. Cut down repro g43 front band. "main spring" made of aluminum wire.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/02/2013 1:20 pm
(@jimmiroquai)
Estimable Member

Updates:
Modifying the stock:

Front sight:

Aaaaaand it's done:

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 04/03/2013 12:48 pm
(@bigkie)
Prominent Member

looks awesome mate. been toying of the idea of doing a 43 this way and now i have seen how good it has worked out then it makes me all the more keen. excellent work buddy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/03/2013 11:22 pm
ww2stu
(@ww2stu)
Noble Member

Very good mate!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/03/2013 11:32 pm
(@jimmiroquai)
Estimable Member

Thanks! Been waiting for someone to build a successful accurate AEG representation but judging from past efforts, it would take skills, funds, and access to parts that i just don't have. So i decided to go the easy way but refine it a little. It didn't turn out too bad and cost very little too.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/03/2013 12:36 am
(@komrade)
Honorable Member

Looks great

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/03/2013 8:41 pm
(@rammix)
Prominent Member

looks very good

time to source another M14

ReplyQuote