Notifications
Clear all

Lee Enfield stocks

(@lord-elpus)
Prominent Member

Having a few days off, ( plumber supposedly coming to do central heating) so I thought I’d catch up with stock prepping, four No.4’s and a No.5.-- attachment is not available --

Topic starter Posted : 10/11/2020 3:34 pm

SCVNGR
(@scvngr)
Estimable Member

Impressive work! Are you going to inlay something to represent the receiver/stock joint?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/11/2020 5:39 am

(@lord-elpus)
Prominent Member

Rather than make a two section stock as per original, I opted for a one piece because of strength and of course ease of manufacture, I will recess the band area, and fashion a two piece metal band from a thinner piece of sheet, this will be easier to form. I’ve done this before and the result is good, but I may change the design.
I make as many pieces as I can, mainly to keep cost down, as original parts are now getting very expensive, they are not rare but prices are rising all the time. I’ve still yet to design the front sight piece yet, but I’ve got some idea what I want to do.
Andy

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/11/2020 7:37 am

(@lord-elpus)
Prominent Member

Work is stacking up!-- attachment is not available --

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 18/12/2020 3:49 pm

(@lord-elpus)
Prominent Member

Haven’t been on here for a while, work had to stop on the Enfield’s as the weather took a turn for the worse, and I’ve just been through the Covid chaos. Not recommended at all! Recovery time is slow so maybe will get around to doing some rifle work by March.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/02/2021 10:01 am

(@lord-elpus)
Prominent Member

At last got back to doing a bit on the Enfield stocks, pushed ahead with the no.5, more as a prototype than anything else, made trigger guard, “rubber” butt stock metal, top wood band, and started on the flash hider.

Got the mag catch working, so now I can concentrate on the “bolt” extension to put charge handle on the correct place...or as near as dammit correct place.

1CBADD4B F043 4745 AB08 F93218C2E346
CC62FC39 40DF 4B31 BA4A 0237031C3B22
30DBC5BC 4F5D 4B60 B1FD AAF5BF1CE0ED

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 30/03/2021 7:12 pm

Share: