Another Jackboot th...

Notifications
Clear all

Another Jackboot thread

(@stanley)
Estimable Member

Has anyone any info on these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WW2-GERMAN-JA ... SwPc9W1awZ

The company website is http://nestof.pl/grupa/rekonstrukcja-niemiecka-1933

To me, they look correct but not sure I'd want to chance £160 odd on an unknown company/product

Topic starter Posted : 03/05/2016 8:29 pm
Rolf
 Rolf
(@rolf)
Trusted Member

Try these?
http://militaria-net.co.uk/german-field ... p-889.html

.... I Hate ALL officers....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2016 8:47 pm
(@mattywheels)
Noble Member

Another option is this Finnish store: https://www.varusteleka.com/en

Really cheap, fast delivery & if they have them in stock then their boots are more than ok for these events.

Edit: looks like they're sold out but worth keeping an eye on anyway!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2016 8:56 pm
Siggi
(@siggi)
Estimable Member

http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/german-man ... duct,11336

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/05/2016 8:20 am
(@stanley)
Estimable Member

Cheers for the replies

I had been going to get the militaria-net boots then came across a youtube review which mentioned soles warping. Given my local site has an area which sucks your foot in to above ankle I started to have 2nd thoughts.
Then I came across the nestof ebay listing.

If militaria-nets are ok though, then its a goer

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/05/2016 2:31 pm
Bunker
(@bunker)
Estimable Member

Cheers for the replies

I had been going to get the militaria-net boots then came across a youtube review which mentioned soles warping. Given my local site has an area which sucks your foot in to above ankle I started to have 2nd thoughts.
Then I came across the nestof ebay listing.

If militaria-nets are ok though, then its a goer

Post war east german boots are probbly the best for airsoft as they have the classic german jackboot look but have a rubber sole so you won't slide all the time and get cold feet in winter as I have found out many times

Gott mit uns - Yeah got mittens mate

Heia Safari - http://www.heiasafari.com/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/05/2016 4:12 pm
MartinR
(@martinr)
Famed Member

My jackboots are old east German. Lovely thick leather and with about twenty coats of dubbin, as waterproof as wellingtons.

I had them resoled in leather with hobnails, So my feet freeze in winter and I slide around on concrete :D

Cheers
Martin

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2016 6:14 am
Siggi
(@siggi)
Estimable Member

I was fortunate enough to get a pair of the Finnish army ones (un-issued). :)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2016 7:38 am
BootedFeet
(@bootedfeet)
Honorable Member

Be wary of cheaper repros. Many at the lower end of the price scale do not use leather of sufficient quality on the soles which leads to them falling apart with a bit of hard use, as well as hobnails dropping off and overall poor quality materials and workmanship. If you're on a budget, army surplus os the way to go as stated above. East German soldier's boots are identicle in shape and don't cost the earth if you know where to look. Avoid Soviet jackboots, made largely of nasty fake leather, they suffer from soles like planks of wood and uncomfortable stiches all round the inside. Not a problem if you wear them with foot wraps as intended but a nightmare in socks.
If you're set on repros for the sake of accuracy then spend the cash, get some of decent quality and throw plenty of dubbin at them.

I've fired a bullet on every continent. Nearly hit someone, too.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2016 9:31 am
(@stanley)
Estimable Member

Cheers for replies guys.

I've checked around and East German prices seem to be getting up there with the cheaper repros nowadays.
Epic have them at 100. Luftwaffesupplies have wachbattallion at 134 euros.

What is fit like with these boots....granted will be different if repro or surplus etc....but do you go for your usual size or a size up/down.
Eg. I take an 8.5 wide in Clarkes, but 9s pretty much any other brand

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 08/05/2016 9:56 am
(@blanco)

Hi, the boots are from miltec / Sturm, you can get them much cheaper from miltec stockists.
They also come slightly smaller than the stated size, they are between us and UK size!
I bought hundreds of these boots for a film, pretty good although I would prefer a slightly thicker sole.
However, if you can get them at the cheaper price they ain't half bad!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/05/2016 7:47 am
(@stanley)
Estimable Member

Thanks for the replies all.

In the end went to nestof direct. The jbs plus a pair of us service boots type 2 delivered came to 264euro.
Ordered Monday and had a text from the wife to say there's a box been delivered!
Cant wait for home time

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 19/05/2016 12:48 pm
(@stanley)
Estimable Member

Boots fit And feel pretty comfy worn around the house at least. Heel is a loose fit, but insole and thick socks will cure no doubt.
Leather on the shaft is 2mm thick, feels supple enough if a little dry at the mo.
Sole has H.Ness & M.Toff Schuhfabrik embossed....did a search and found nothing on that. Hobnails are one piece.
Application of black dubbin will start tomorrow, with a layer of clear on the sole.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 20/05/2016 8:21 am
Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Hi, I'd advise boiled linseed oil for the soles - that is what my boot manufacturer told me.

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/05/2016 3:57 pm
(@stanley)
Estimable Member

Hi, I'd advise boiled linseed oil for the soles - that is what my boot manufacturer told me.

Oh ok...think I have some around....cheers for that.

You were at Last Stand ? With the 35mm Welta ? Have you tried it out yet ?
I have 4 or 5 shots still on my roll to take, so still don't know if my camera works :?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 20/05/2016 7:06 pm
Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Yes, that was me. That's the first time I've used it, and I have almost a whole roll to go through. I'll let you know in about 6 months!

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/05/2016 8:23 am
(@bayonet-wound)

I know this is an old thread, however it's still relevant. I bought a pair of marching boots from Richard Underwood, in fact I've just finished blackening them this morning. They are my first pair of German footwear so I can only go off what I have seen in books. I've seen the FAB boots at SOF and they are miles better than them. The leather is thick and the build quality appears very good. I paid £199.99, which is a lot more than at NESTOF, which are definately the same boot. The stamp on the sole is exactly the same. Oh well. The boots look excellent blackened, I used the old fashioned white vinegar and wire wool method.

Hope this helps somebody.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2017 9:54 am
(@stanley)
Estimable Member

I cheated and used dye.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12/08/2017 5:36 am
Share: