Notifications
Clear all

Welcome to the Hohenstaufen private forum!

58 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
JD7
 JD7
(@jd7)
Illustrious Member

sweet - if you need anything for the training day - let me know Kameraden/Comrade :good:

Posted : 25/10/2008 4:48 pm
(@lardassmonkey)
Famed Member

Cheers, will do. I should be sorted in time, its is going to be an expensive month though. :rofl:

Posted : 25/10/2008 5:08 pm
Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

Fantastic news, Lardy!! :good:

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

Posted : 25/10/2008 5:20 pm
Sgt.Heide
(@sgt-heide)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Welcome to another new member, Pinkpanzer (Paul), most of you should know him from the Bryansk game. He's also a reenactor, so his kit is already spot on.

Also, to keep you all up to date, I have removed Ben Haynes from the member list. He only had 2 posts to his name and he has never posted on this private forum. There will probably be a few others getting the chop after the December game if we don't hear from them.

When I want your opinion - I'll tell you what it is!

Posted : 17/11/2008 10:15 pm
Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

On the subject of adding and chopping....

I'm stepping away from the group now (all groups in fact) as I can't give any sort of meaningful commitment from now on. I only do 100% so it doesn't seem right to give half-measure! I've devoted over 2,000 hours to the WW2 project over the past two years and I can't keep it up for ever - every WW2 game of all organisations, every training day of all factions, every site recce and planning meeting of CiA games as well as designing and running the web site and forum. It's not a complaint, it's all self-inflicted after all, but just a dose of realism. I'm at the sharp end of the recession (and I've run a business through two previous) and it's going to be really bad next year, plus two kids in higher education plus I need to neglect the wife a little less.

Still, you aren't getting rid of me :evil: - 100% commitment to the CiA organisation and the four games planned for 2009, and running the web site and forum. Anything else I can do will be a bonus.

I wish you good luck with your ambitions and thank you for your camaraderie, it's all been great fun.

Posted : 17/11/2008 10:47 pm
Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

*salutes* (non-Nazi one, obviously! :wink: )

Posted : 17/11/2008 11:36 pm
JD7
 JD7
(@jd7)
Illustrious Member

I've already sent comms to David with regards to this post - well I sent my thoughts last night.

It's difficult times and if I my be so bold as to voice the groups thoughts - get yourself in as comfy a position as you can, look after your nearest and dearest my friend.

There's always a place for you within the Hohenstaufen :good:

Del

Posted : 18/11/2008 12:45 am
Steiner
(@steiner_1609088194)
Illustrious Member

There's always a place for you within the Hohenstaufen :good:

Absolutely.... can you clean my boots? :wink:

Posted : 18/11/2008 8:28 am
(@lardassmonkey)
Famed Member

Sorry to hear about your decision but I can't say I'm that surprised. You've missed what, one ww2 game in 2 years? I'm impressed you kept it up this long! I'm glad you're still going to be around with CiA though, wouldn't be the same without you. :good:

Posted : 18/11/2008 10:23 am
Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

Heh, not so much missed a game, more avoided it! (Carrot tin)
Thanks for the kinds words all, see you all in December.

BTW, bit off topic but while I'm here... Axis will have a mortar at your disposal - Guy will be your 1IC. I'd suggest you try and keep Hohenstaufen together as a cohesive attack force and let the Heer/FJ use the mortar (it must have a designated three man crew). Expect to be in the thick of it from the very start but once you have consolidated you will need to change mode to recce. Good communications up and down the line will be vital - both Guy and I will be commanding at a distance, more often than not out of sight of troops and battles. If we don't have intel we can't make plans and we can't put people in the right place and you will end up with ghey airsofter's firefights and standoffs, or worse have the enemy run away with the game. This game is about strategy, command and control...

Posted : 18/11/2008 10:47 am
Sgt.Heide
(@sgt-heide)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

David, I'm sorry to hear that you're dropping away from the groups but I fully understand your reasons why. It's been really great having you onboard and, as already said, we will always have a place for you should you want to come to a training day, or lead us for a game.

On a happier note, everyone give a big Hohenstaufen welcome to Jay851, yet another experienced, reasonably sensible member of our elite unit!

Posted : 18/11/2008 8:32 pm
(@lardassmonkey)
Famed Member

Welcome Jay and Pinkpanzer good to have you both on board. :good:

Your little escapade into Brit kit didn't last long did it Jay? :lol: Nice to see you've come to your senses.

Posted : 18/11/2008 8:47 pm
Sgt.Heide
(@sgt-heide)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Let's not forget that Jay is also an accomplished custom gun maker. I'm really chuffed with some of the members we've picked up lately!

Posted : 18/11/2008 8:52 pm
(@lardassmonkey)
Famed Member

But what about the rest of us? :rofl:

Posted : 18/11/2008 8:53 pm
JD7
 JD7
(@jd7)
Illustrious Member

heh u still have a ruski dialect lol

Posted : 18/11/2008 9:34 pm
JD7
 JD7
(@jd7)
Illustrious Member

David - thanks for the updated Group Sig Banner - :good: :good:

Posted : 18/11/2008 9:35 pm
jay851
(@jay851)
Noble Member

hi guys
many thanks for the welcome and look forward to getting together with you all.
i must admit pete its been a while since i have been called 'reasonably sensible' :)
lardy....yes mate the brit kit did'nt last very long, and it was nice to try it out but the call of the fatherland just would not go away.
there are a fair few guys knocking out custom guns now,and its great to see what ideas people come up with :good:

glad to be onboard, should be able to make 'op lightning'

jay

p.s.....david,sorry to hear you are taking your foot off the pedal mate, but can understand why. hats off for the full on commitment and really getting ww2 airsoft off the ground :good:

Posted : 20/11/2008 1:15 pm
Joseph Porta
(@joseph-porta)
Famed Member

Chommers, im really sorry that your calming down a bit, but i totally understand you, my real life really stops me coming to as much stuff as i would like, but as a bonus, im always eager to come, im not suffering from the "burnout" i did with so much modern airsoft.

dave, im amazed you have done what you have done to get this ww2 airsoft going, (and to all other orginizers as well, they have all made it what it is) and i really appreciate it, also im glad your not "binning it" alltogether.

Roll on december,ive never looked forward to a game so much :good:

"Take that you rotton helping of strawberry flan!"
Joseph Porta to "strawberrys and cream", in the sven hassel book ,ogpu prison

Posted : 21/11/2008 8:11 pm
Sgt.Heide
(@sgt-heide)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

First post memberlist has been updated to reflect the removal of non-active and non-attending members. I'll continue to monitor the list over the coming months but it looks encouraging at the moment.

Posted : 15/01/2009 1:03 pm
couchpotato
(@couchpotato)
Estimable Member

Hi all,
I would like to introduce myself to you all. I am Couchpotato (Rob) I have had an interest in WW2 since I can remember. I started to collect deac's and uniforms etc, then found out about RIF and joined a local airsoft club. Having found WW2 guns this was heaven to me. I began with a US Ranger load out (that i still use) then a FJ and since meeting up with Otto and Jay I now have a SS load out. I will try to make as many training days and events as I can. Due to family commentments (I have a special needs son) I sometimes drop out at the last minite and can be at an event at the last minite. I have seen that you all knit as a team and I hope I can fit in some where.

Couchpotato
Rob.

Lt. Morris Schaffer: "Second rate punk," eh?
Major John Smith: Sorry. All I could think of on the spur of the moment.
Lt. Morris Schaffer: Thanks, that makes it even worse.

Posted : 16/02/2009 3:37 pm
Page 2 / 3
Share: