Notifications
Clear all

Discussion

Page 2 / 2

(@lord-elpus)
Prominent Member

Seeing as it's snowing at the moment, there's a possibility it will still be about next week, and that will make it it a bit more realistic! Let's hope the roads stay open.
Andy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/12/2017 1:44 pm
(@kingmaker)
Estimable Member

BBC forecast is not super cold about 3 deg and high possibility of rain,
Yuk
Normally i would dig out the Gortex,so long johns ,thermal vest and gaiters it is,put your guns in a gun bag with a hot water bottle,some guns can under perform with a cold hop rubber,if you have a version 2 gearbox ,like in an MP44 then you may crack the front of your gearbox,.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/12/2017 6:25 pm
seg
 seg
(@seg)
Honorable Member

Weather is ok. Had to cancel our game today as site was covered in lots of the white stuff.
No danger for this next week

www.close-action.co.uk

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/12/2017 9:55 pm
watsit20
(@watsit20)
Estimable Member

I'll be bringing my 30 cal to this game, I may be in need of an assistant gunner to all you US airborne lot.

"I took ballistics in school, fascinating subject! Things go up, then things go down!"

--------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/12/2017 5:36 pm
seg
 seg
(@seg)
Honorable Member

Maps and orders will be issued during the briefing. Units will be set up before we jump off.
Allies will be on the defensive. Be prepared to move around the site this is an infantry game.
Arrive from 0800. Briefing 0930 ready to go.

www.close-action.co.uk

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/12/2017 8:59 pm
(@evilmonkee)
Estimable Member

Would anyone object to my using my Sterling as a backup to my gas Kar98k if its massively cold?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/12/2017 9:09 pm
bart
 bart
(@bart)
Estimable Member

Would anyone object to my using my Sterling as a backup to my gas Kar98k if its massively cold?

That will make the two of us; i only have a sten and im playing heer.

Asked in the other topic last week and everyone said no issues with using captured weapons

"We are too weak to defend, therefore we must attack" Marshal Pilsudski

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/12/2017 10:45 pm
(@kingmaker)
Estimable Member

Some prototype Stirlings were tested in combat by Brit Paratroop Reg,think it was during Market Garden,not sure if it had a curved mag
at that time though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/12/2017 9:12 am
hcompany
(@hcompany)
Estimable Member

The Patchett Machine Carbine is basically (visually) a cross between a Sterling and a Sten.
Used at Arnhem and perhaps-but-less-likely Normandy, it's not unreasonable that there were a few still used by December '44
Germans used all sorts of captured stuff for Wacht am Rhein (without considering Einheit Stielau), one of the Volksgrenadiers in the famous footage is carrying an M1 Carbine.
http://guns.wikia.com/wiki/Patchett_machine_carbine

https://www.instagram.com/mostlyirrelevanthistory/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/12/2017 10:08 am
hcompany
(@hcompany)
Estimable Member

-- attachment is not available ---- attachment is not available --
The two most famous captured weapons in the Bulge pictures, FJ with a sten, and Volksgrenadiers(?) with an M1 Carbine-- attachment is not available --

https://www.instagram.com/mostlyirrelevanthistory/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/12/2017 10:33 am
(@evilmonkee)
Estimable Member

I will take that as a collective no problem then

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/12/2017 7:27 pm
seg
 seg
(@seg)
Honorable Member

Yes no problem lol

www.close-action.co.uk

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12/12/2017 8:18 pm
watsit20
(@watsit20)
Estimable Member

Will there be signs out on the road at all directing us to the site? I remember for the Vierville game I kept driving up and down looking for the entrance but the gate(s) were shut and we didn't know which was which (This was the day before when we could camp).

"I took ballistics in school, fascinating subject! Things go up, then things go down!"

--------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/12/2017 12:56 pm
paule
(@paule)
Estimable Member

wasn't just me then that couldn't find the entrance last year! I don't feel quite as stupid now...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/12/2017 5:35 pm
seg
 seg
(@seg)
Honorable Member

I will have a sign out

www.close-action.co.uk

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 15/12/2017 4:07 pm
(@kingmaker)
Estimable Member

Hi i have some personal accounts of mainly ww2 tankers and pilots,Agood inside view of what may actualy have happened,i will be prepared to swap for any other similar war diary type history books preferably ww1 or 2,also i have new MP44 Mags if any body wants any.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/12/2017 4:51 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: